2007 high school

Postby bball1niner » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:02 am

if velva was so good then why did they get 4th at state and they lost to midkota who was also in the region that beat harvey
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:05 am

bball1niner wrote:if velva was so good then why did they get 4th at state and they lost to midkota who was also in the region that beat harvey

everyone said they were good and they would be in every game.....no one said they would win every game
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:46 am

bball1niner wrote:if velva was so good then why did they get 4th at state and they lost to midkota who was also in the region that beat harvey

r u dumb.  how does getting 4th in state make velva anything except a good team
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby allsport » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:56 am

I am not disputing anyone's talent but just to set the record straight. Velva/Drake took 3rd place in the State Tournament by defeating Midkota 6-4.
Last edited by allsport on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dizza30 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:20 pm

actually velva beat Midkota 6-4
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:26 pm

haha good call tho niner
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby power-aid14 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:11 am

velva can hit but honestly who is going to pitch for you guys this year? you guys will have to beat teams 11-10 every game, except for teams like new town....cuz well you know why
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:04 am

Well your right about the pitching, they'll need to find some depth there. The switching to wood might help out a little bit. With the wood coming into play, defense becomes a bigger part of the game. Who knows how it will work out, I've only played a dozen some games with a wood bat, so its tough to say how it will all work out. They're probably gonna need some younger guys to develop in order to get some depth.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball1niner » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:57 am

sodadrinker wrote:haha good call tho niner

yeah i guess getting ten runned in the semi's is being every game..good call guys
bball1niner

Postby bball1niner » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:58 am

sodadrinker wrote:
bballer20 wrote:
baseball wrote:
cash wrote:i believe both buxa and lorenz had just throwin complete games 2 or 3 days before those games, not sayin that effected it much

then why does he throw is 1-2 against a non region oppenent that late in the season coming off short rest???

GREAT POINT, if this is the case, my coaching point is proved, but still some people can bounce back and even if they can't..icing and running always get rid of just a sore arm

velva was also an amazing team
yeah i belive you said they were amazing..not just good.
bball1niner

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:20 am

bball1niner wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
bballer20 wrote:
baseball wrote:
cash wrote:i believe both buxa and lorenz had just throwin complete games 2 or 3 days before those games, not sayin that effected it much

then why does he throw is 1-2 against a non region oppenent that late in the season coming off short rest???

GREAT POINT, if this is the case, my coaching point is proved, but still some people can bounce back and even if they can't..icing and running always get rid of just a sore arm

velva was also an amazing team
yeah i belive you said they were amazing..not just good.
i do believe u said they lost to midkota and got 4th
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:22 am

im sorry for sayin there an amazing team.  everyone knows that there cant be an amazing team except the team that wins state.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison_18 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:54 pm

bball1niner wrote:

yeah i guess getting ten runned in the semi's is being every game..good call guys

Langdon also threw their ace that night too. Velva threw their 3 and 4 guys and didn't help them out that they had some errors that extended the innings. Yeah schaefer got hit a little the next night, but he was on pretty good in the semis. Grafton got ten the crap kicked out of them by thompson in 05, does that make them  a less than great team?
Last edited by bison_18 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:39 pm

bison_18 wrote:
bball1niner wrote:

Langdon also threw their ace that night too. Velva threw their 3 and 4 guys and didn't help them out that they had some errors that extended the innings. Yeah schaefer got hit a little the next night, but he was on pretty good in the semis. Grafton got ten the crap kicked out of them by thompson in 05, does that make them  a less than great team?

we'll put it the best way i can put it.  Velva scored 10 runs in a game Bakkum pitched for steele, Langdon got 1 hit in 4 innings?  how many times was Velva ten runned last year?  im gonna guess that was the only time.  so what makes velva "not great", they are great and everyone knows that.  Langdon isnt great because they didnt win state, same with Midkota??  is Washburn not great because they didnt make state?

so heres my question.....What makes a "great" team?
Last edited by baseball on Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:39 pm

the team that wins the state championship, simple as that.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:33 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:the team that wins the state championship, simple as that.

thats stupid..... how can u say any team that goes to state isnt a great team.  only one great team in the state each year.  come on
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:02 pm

yup a good team can make it to state and a great team will win state.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:08 pm

footballfanwatcher_99 wrote:yup a good team can make it to state and a great team will win state.

pretty sure ur alone on that one
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison_18 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm

I think there's always 2 or 3 great teams at a state tourney (legion or high school). It just depends on who catches the breaks and who shows up to play. In 05 at state legion, thompson beat grafton, grafton beat velva and velva beat thompson. It was matched up pretty evenly b/w those three teams.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:15 am

because of a lack of depth on MOST teams in class B, i think it depends on pitching.  a strong pitcher will probably get you to state in MOST regions.  3 or 4 strong pitchers will give you a chance to win state.  Thompson used to only have 2 dominant pitchers, & they would get beat.  WHen they started getting that 3rd or 4th quality pitcher, their chances went up.  They always seem to have a good hitting team.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball9 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:33 am

thompson vs. cv tomorrow.......should be interesting
baseball9

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:17 am

baseball9 wrote:thompson vs. cv tomorrow.......should be interesting

What was the final score to this game? I heard Thompson won it. Any Details?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:38 pm

I do not think that region 1 gets enough credit....there are alot of good teams in that region... .Lamoure, Enderlin, Central Cass to name a few......they really showed they were a tough region in the wood bat tourney in Enderlin
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:38 pm

I do not think that region 1 gets enough credit....there are alot of good teams in that region... .Lamoure, Enderlin, Central Cass to name a few......they really showed they were a tough region in the wood bat tourney in Enderlin
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby berry186 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:37 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:I do not think that region 1 gets enough credit....there are alot of good teams in that region... .Lamoure, Enderlin, Central Cass to name a few......they really showed they were a tough region in the wood bat tourney in Enderlin

who won the tourney

berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Class B