top 10 pitchers

Postby bisonman » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:36 am

baseball wrote:
bisonman wrote:
baseball wrote:everyone says pitching is the key.  gonna say thats the reason you won state legion.

I heard the key was to have more run than the other team at the end of the game...

nice try smart guy...but when you have good pitching, the other team wont score as much...leading to more wins:)....good try though.

Good pitching or bad pitching, if you don't have more runs than the other team at the end of the game, you lose.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:36 pm

And good pitching gives you a better chance.  example....you score 3 runs, you throw a good pitcher they score 1, you win.  score 3 runs again throwing a bad pitcher, they score 6, you lose.  Good pitchers give u a better chance to win.
Last edited by baseball on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:41 am

baseball wrote:And good pitching gives you a better chance.  example....you score 3 runs, you throw a good pitcher they score 1, you win.  score 3 runs again throwing a bad pitcher, they score 6, you lose.  Good pitchers give u a better chance to win.

I think if you have more runs at the end of the game even with a nice pitcher, you have a better chance to win than if you have less runs than the other team with a good pitcher.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball1niner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:56 am

i think it you are head of a team at the end of a game...you win
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:54 am

bisonman wrote:
baseball wrote:And good pitching gives you a better chance.  example....you score 3 runs, you throw a good pitcher they score 1, you win.  score 3 runs again throwing a bad pitcher, they score 6, you lose.  Good pitchers give u a better chance to win.

I think if you have more runs at the end of the game even with a nice pitcher, you have a better chance to win than if you have less runs than the other team with a good pitcher.

are you going to score more runs against a good pitcher or a bad one?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonman » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:48 pm

baseball wrote:
bisonman wrote:

are you going to score more runs against a good pitcher or a bad one?

Are you going to win with less runs than the other team at the end of the game?
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:42 pm

I believe that when a bad pitcher is throwing, the confidence level on the pitchers team is less, and the others is higher, so i agree with baseball, good pitching is the key to winning ball games.  But bisonman is right when he says that whoever scores more runs at the end of the game is the winner.  Some of my tee-ball kids could answer with that. :D
tanner lorenz

Postby bisonman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:25 am

Yes, so i'd say the key to winning baseball games is having more runs than the other team at the end of the game. I don't think baseball has caught on yet.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby nike07 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:22 am

So let's get back on topic.  The top 10 pitchers in the state...from 1-10 heres mine

10 Bryan Krahler- Harvey, Sr.
9 Holen- Lamoure, Jr.
8 Cole Krueger- Bishop Ryan, Jr.
7 Clay Callias- Bishop Ryan, Jr.
6 Ben Watkins- Lamoure, Jr.
5 Brookes Backes- Bishop Ryan, Jr.
4 Aaron Kjehmus- Thompson, Sr.
3 Tyler Kjehmus- Thompson, Sr.
2 Klinske- Grafton, Jr.
1 Tanner Lorenz- Harvey, Sr.

I think those are the top pitchers, the top 3 were very tough to do, but, I think I got it close to right.  Bishop Ryan, Harvey, Thompson, and Lamoure would be the top teams for the state just because of their pitchers on this list I believe.
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:35 am

nike07 wrote:So let's get back on topic.  The top 10 pitchers in the state...from 1-10 heres mine

10 Bryan Krahler- Harvey, Sr.
9 Holen- Lamoure, Jr.
8 Cole Krueger- Bishop Ryan, Jr.
7 Clay Callias- Bishop Ryan, Jr.
6 Ben Watkins- Lamoure, Jr.
5 Brookes Backes- Bishop Ryan, Jr.
4 Aaron Kjehmus- Thompson, Sr.
3 Tyler Kjehmus- Thompson, Sr.
2 Klinske- Grafton, Jr.
1 Tanner Lorenz- Harvey, Sr.

I think those are the top pitchers, the top 3 were very tough to do, but, I think I got it close to right.  Bishop Ryan, Harvey, Thompson, and Lamoure would be the top teams for the state just because of their pitchers on this list I believe.

Bryan Krahler and no Mark Bakkum?? the other 9 i think you have right though.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nike07 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:36 am

WOW!! My bad, Bakkum should be in there somewhere, sorry, I forget him sometimes, I thought he might have graduated, but my bad.
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby berry186 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:55 am

I think LaMoure pitcher nick tollefson should be close to that top ten he pitched againsted cooperstown and state and did real well as a 16 year with the other two studs LaMoure should be at the top in legion
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:23 pm

berry186 wrote:I think LaMoure pitcher nick tollefson should be close to that top ten he pitched againsted cooperstown and state and did real well as a 16 year with the other two studs LaMoure should be at the top in legion

Someone told me Tollefson goes to high school in Wapheton and plays legion for LaMoure in the summers?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby bball1niner » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:02 am

what about tanner adam?...he shut down and beat thompson in state legion this past summer...he throws harder than some of the guys ive seen on there and i know he should be no there...
bball1niner

Postby berry186 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:41 am

on tollefson does play at waph then comes to LaMoure to play legion and yes adams should be up there
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nike07 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:25 am

i have never heard about him pitching wise, i dont think hes better than bakkum, holen, watkins, or any other of those pitchers, hes definatley in the top 15 though
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball1niner » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:29 am

he's better than watkins and holen. period
bball1niner

Postby nike07 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:46 am

do you think hes better than lorenz, klinske or the two kjehmus's
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:23 am

bball1niner wrote:he's better than watkins and holen. period
i have never seen adam pitch, but i think hes better overall then holen and watkins..
tanner lorenz

Postby baseball » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:08 pm

Adam is a good pitcher Top 10 for sure, maybe between 5 and 7.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:14 pm

alright, what are some others not on that list, there cant just be 10 or 12 pitchers in the state that are good
tanner lorenz

Postby bball1niner » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:18 pm

ive never seen lorenz or the left handed lorenz pitch but he has beat klinske and the right handed kjemus...he is right up there with both of those guys...he can hold his own with his fastball and has pretty good breaking stuff
bball1niner

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:28 pm

bball1niner wrote:ive never seen lorenz or the left handed lorenz pitch but he has beat klinske and the right handed kjemus...he is right up there with both of those guys...he can hold his own with his fastball and has pretty good breaking stuff

so from the top 10 rankings earlier, the top ten kids are spread out onto only 5 teams in the state? i know some of the kids might not be top ten(ex:cole krueger....he not cool)but they are top 15(except for ck) and it would be cool to see most of those teams at state next year with maybe the most pitching dominant state tourney yet
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:56 pm

WHAT!! krueger is a good pitcher from what ive heard
tanner lorenz

Postby tadam6 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:25 pm

that is krueger who just said that he not cool...he's talkin bout himself...
tadam6

PreviousNext

Return to Class B