top 10 pitchers

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:15 pm

baseball11 wrote:
knights4 wrote:A.K without is without a doubt the most overpowering and best in the region but i would much rather see his offspeed pitch instead strait fastballs because your already out by the time you get the chance to time it. and when you do make contact its a grounder to second. Cull is pretty good but not top 5, he has a good fastball but he tells his curve (not going to say how) tanner adam was good everytime i saw him pitch against other teams but against us he walked a lot of people and gave up 2 homers and was out by the third. 

I'm guessing your from Cavalier.  I haven't seen enough of Cull to rate him, but the game I remember him from was 1st round of the region tourney in H.S.  All he did was shut down (without a clutch HR the game could've went either way) a very potent Langdon offense and hit a HR (I believe he had 4 RBI's that game).  Impressive for a freshman.

Cull is definately a good player. I think Cavalier will be too young to make too much noise in that region. But good enough that you will need to play well to beat them even if you have the most tallent.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby knights4 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:09 pm

not from cavalier, i play for D/ST/V and we played them in the first round of the tourny we were tied until mitch ford hit a grand slam in the seventh, high scoring game that Cris Lawonn started and Cull came in for the final three innings and gave up a couple runs. I agree that he is very good but i don't believe he is top 5 
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:21 pm

never heard of cull, how old is he
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:04 pm

cash wrote:never heard of cull, how old is he

He is a Sophmore this year.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:20 pm

tanner lorenz...out of harvey
fruit snack

Postby cash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:48 am

fruit snack wrote:tanner lorenz...out of harvey
have you ever faced him fruit snack? cause i never have?
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:20 am

i never pitched against ya leitz...drew wold did..
tadam6

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:43 am

cash wrote:

hahahahahaha, i bet youve seen him pitch enough tho....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nike07 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:57 am

baseball wrote:
cash wrote:

his mechanics are pretty solid, its hard to see the ball anytime during his motion, might be because he's so tall, and his changeup is probably his best pitch, just because he has the same arm action, and its 15 mph slower, i think he's the top pitcher in the state, class a or b
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:54 pm

your forgetting someone....lorenz isnt the best yet....i was just watching this guy named scott katell throw 95 consistantly at the dome....pretty amazing stuff
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:25 pm

power-aid14 wrote:your forgetting someone....lorenz isnt the best yet....i was just watching this guy named scott katell throw 95 consistantly at the dome....pretty amazing stuff
never heard of him before
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:42 pm

power-aid14 wrote:your forgetting someone....lorenz isnt the best yet....i was just watching this guy named scott katell throw 95 consistantly at the dome....pretty amazing stuff

from where........95 in  class B north dakota, and noone knows aobut him.  thats kinda like the basketball topic aobut a freshman from Oakes averaging 30+ ppg....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:49 pm

baseball wrote:

from where........95 in  class B north dakota, and noone knows aobut him.  thats kinda like the basketball topic aobut a freshman from Oakes averaging 30+ ppg....

where did you see that oakes kid thing
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:13 pm

it was in a class b basketball thing a few weeks into the season

http://www.northdakotapreps.com/forum20/1447.html
Last edited by baseball on Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:21 pm

baseball wrote:it was in a class b basketball thing a few weeks into the season

http://www.northdakotapreps.com/forum20/1447.html

i from the area and and i dont know anyone of that name and i looked on the website and nobody has that name so it isnt oakes team
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:37 pm

All the posts were deleted by the moderators, it was stupid and misleading.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:15 am

I'd like to see this kid.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby bisonman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:32 pm

nike07 wrote:
baseball wrote:
cash wrote:

his mechanics are pretty solid, its hard to see the ball anytime during his motion, might be because he's so tall, and his changeup is probably his best pitch, just because he has the same arm action, and its 15 mph slower, i think he's the top pitcher in the state, class a or b

I hope he gives the heater to me this summer though, I wouldn't after how close of an incident that was. I give the kid credit as after something like that, I'd be scared to take the mound.
Last edited by bisonman on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby cash » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:15 pm

bisonman wrote:
nike07 wrote:
baseball wrote:
cash wrote:

I hope he gives the heater to me this summer though, I wouldn't after how close of an incident that was. I give the kid credit as after something like that, I'd be scared to take the mound.
what? haha im lost
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:27 am

In high school baseball, Thompson's Aaron and Tyler Kjemhus will be among the top pitchers in the state if their arms don't fall off.  At the end of the last Legion season, both of their arms were pretty well dead from what I heard.  Add Jake Cooley as a number 3 starter and the Tommies will be tough this spring.  In Legion (if everyone comes back), Thompson will probably have the best rotation in the state with Kjemhus^2, Everett Wurtz, Matt Greek and Cooley.  Greek is underrated because it seems he only comes out to pitch in championship games.  I agree with horne98 that Wurtz is a headcase, but if he's on he is the best player in the state.
Last edited by Tigger on Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:20 am

Tigger wrote:In high school baseball, Thompson's Aaron and Tyler Kjemhus will be among the top pitchers in the state if their arms don't fall off.  At the end of the last Legion season, both of their arms were pretty well dead from what I heard.  Add Jake Cooley as a number 3 starter and the Tommies will be tough this spring.  In Legion (if everyone comes back), Thompson will probably have the best rotation in the state with Kjemhus^2, Everett Wurtz, Matt Greek and Cooley.  Greek is underrated because it seems he only comes out to pitch in championship games.  I agree with horne98 that Wurtz is a headcase, but if he's on he is the best player in the state.

Greek pitched alot last year for Thompson. I don't see how the Kjemhus's arms were that bad compared to Greek. Unless we were always just scheduled to play them when Greek was up in their rotation. We must have seen him at least 5 or 6 times last year in spring and legion combined. I don't know if we had a double header against T-Town when he didn't pitch one of the games.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby knights4 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:28 am

oh i thought u started the first game and he came in, and i think Flink pitched the whole second one against me. Who do you guys have left for pitchers for high school ball.  
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:51 am

im interested to watch bryan krahler pitch this year....hes an excellant shortstop and pitcher, a great athlete!
fruit snack

Postby web17 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:37 am

Tigger wrote:In high school baseball, Thompson's Aaron and Tyler Kjemhus will be among the top pitchers in the state if their arms don't fall off.  At the end of the last Legion season, both of their arms were pretty well dead from what I heard.  Add Jake Cooley as a number 3 starter and the Tommies will be tough this spring.  In Legion (if everyone comes back), Thompson will probably have the best rotation in the state with Kjemhus^2, Everett Wurtz, Matt Greek and Cooley.  Greek is underrated because it seems he only comes out to pitch in championship games.  I agree with horne98 that Wurtz is a headcase, but if he's on he is the best player in the state.

i dont think Wurtz is coming back. i think he is staying in iowa. from what i've heard.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoiler92 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:59 am

Kliniske from Grafton brings the heat!
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class B