top 10 pitchers

Postby ndfootball06 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:19 pm

NDSUBison wrote:[user=77]bison_18[/user] wrote:
A.K. Klinske was clocked at 87 @ a tryout camp in Mandan in July, so was Lorenz from Harvey.

Klinske can throw hard no doubt, but sometimes when you as big as he is, the batter is already beat menatlly cause he is scared. I've face A.K a few times since Pee Wee leagues and had some success but the kid is really good. When we faced him this season, he was pitching on two days rest. I hate to face him on a full five or six days rest. Thing is though, if you only have a fastball, you are going to get beat in high school. Unless you throw like 95 or higher.

im pretty sure klinske has more than just a fastball, hes a good pitcher and has at least 2 off speed pitches
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball06 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:23 pm

Last edited by ndfootball06 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby spoilers23 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:27 pm

NDSUBison wrote:[user=77]bison_18[/user] wrote:
A.K. Klinske was clocked at 87 @ a tryout camp in Mandan in July, so was Lorenz from Harvey.

Klinske can throw hard no doubt, but sometimes when you as big as he is, the batter is already beat menatlly cause he is scared. I've face A.K a few times since Pee Wee leagues and had some success but the kid is really good. When we faced him this season, he was pitching on two days rest. I hate to face him on a full five or six days rest. Thing is though, if you only have a fastball, you are going to get beat in high school. Unless you throw like 95 or higher.

from cavalier right? if u can spot your fastball alright and are throwin 80+, with a decent off speed pitch in high school you're set, thats really all you need at this level...there are some teams that it will take more than that to get by but not many, especially with the change to wood bats this year...but if youre sayin i'll get beat if i rely soley on my fastball this year, that your opinion i guess and we'll see what happens
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball11 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:00 pm

spoilers23 wrote:from cavalier right? if u can spot your fastball alright and are throwin 80+, with a decent off speed pitch in high school you're set, thats really all you need at this level...there are some teams that it will take more than that to get by but not many, especially with the change to wood bats this year...but if youre sayin i'll get beat if i rely soley on my fastball this year, that your opinion i guess and we'll see what happens

From what I've seen you have a heckuva fastball and a slider.  The sliders slow enough that it keeps hitters off balance which is the point of the pitch.
baseball11

Postby NDSUBison » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:26 am

I'm not from cavalier, but good guess. I'm saying that good high school teams will sit on a fastball if you have nothing else. I know that A.K. has a curve and uses it very well. Along with being a good athlete, he also knows the game very wells so he knows when to throw certain pitchers in certain situations. He's probably one of the best pitchers in the region, if not the best.
NDSUBison

Postby spoilers23 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:22 am

cavalier was just a guess, threw against them on little rest as well....but an overpowering fastball wouldve gotten you through region 2 last year with an exception to 2 or 3 teams
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUBison » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:17 am

I think if you want to talk about the best pitchers in A.K's region it would have to include him, Tanner Carpenter, Tanner Adams, and maybe Drew Wold. Langdon lost there best pitchers in Zak and Justin last year, but they still have Adams and Wold so they should be all right. Grafton just have a bunch of throwers and one pitcher, and North Border should be led by Carpenter.
Last edited by NDSUBison on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDSUBison

Postby spoilers23 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:40 pm

lutovsky and schiller will both be in the top 5 pitchers for region 2 next year......lutovsky has a good fastball and has been working very hard since the season ended on becoming a better all around pitcher....schiller is 6'7" with a huge breaking ball and with a little time in the weight room he should gain velocity and stamina that will make him a top pitcher
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball1niner » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:17 pm

spoilers23 wrote:lutovsky and schiller will both be in the top 5 pitchers for region 2 next year......lutovsky has a good fastball and has been working very hard since the season ended on becoming a better all around pitcher....schiller is 6'7" with a huge breaking ball and with a little time in the weight room he should gain velocity and stamina that will make him a top pitcher

i don't know if those 2 will be top 5...alex cull from cavalier, tanner adam and drew wold from langdon, tanner carpenter from north border, and a.k. klinske from grafton are my top five...it would be hard to put those 2 guys ahead of anyone on this list
bball1niner

Postby cash » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:14 pm

Alright, who do you guys think will be the top pitcher in each region?
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pro341 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:37 pm

cash wrote:Alright, who do you guys think will be the top pitcher in each region?

Misek from Turtle Lake will be the best in his region, 6 I think?
pro341
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spoilers23 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:38 pm

bball1niner wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:lutovsky and schiller will both be in the top 5 pitchers for region 2 next year......lutovsky has a good fastball and has been working very hard since the season ended on becoming a better all around pitcher....schiller is 6'7" with a huge breaking ball and with a little time in the weight room he should gain velocity and stamina that will make him a top pitcher

i don't know if those 2 will be top 5...alex cull from cavalier, tanner adam and drew wold from langdon, tanner carpenter from north border, and a.k. klinske from grafton are my top five...it would be hard to put those 2 guys ahead of anyone on this list

schiller maybe not top 5 but lutovsky is arguably 3-6
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball11 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:56 pm

spoilers23 wrote:schiller maybe not top 5 but lutovsky is arguably 3-6

I've seen Schiller once and Lutovsky two or three times and I thought Schiller was quite a bit better than Lutovsky.  Lutovsky doesn't throw hard enough and his fast ball is really straight.  Not to mention his curveball just kind of hangs there.

He's a good hitter though, nice young team Grafton has coming back.
baseball11

Postby spoilers23 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:11 am

baseball11 wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:schiller maybe not top 5 but lutovsky is arguably 3-6

I've seen Schiller once and Lutovsky two or three times and I thought Schiller was quite a bit better than Lutovsky.  Lutovsky doesn't throw hard enough and his fast ball is really straight.  Not to mention his curveball just kind of hangs there.

He's a good hitter though, nice young team Grafton has coming back.

i know lutovsky threw 79 in mandan this summer and has a decent slider but im not sure if schiller throws as hard but has good off-speed, lutovskys mechanics on the mound are almost flawless, as they are at the plate
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:23 am

For legion, Wurtz will hands down be the most dominant pitcher in thompson

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spoilers23 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:43 am

is he playing legion this coming year?
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUBison » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:04 am

I was wondering if North Border had any other pitchers besides Carpenter, and if Cavalier had any others besides Cull.
NDSUBison

Postby spoilers23 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:22 am

north border has an avg. pitcher in gunderson and cavalier doesnt have much else
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:06 am

Wurtz is eligible to play legion again after his first year at Iowa Western.  He didnt play last summer as a result of a shoulder injury.  there is good possibility he comes back and carries Thompson to another Section title, much like Schumacher did this last summer

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:29 am

i honestly don't think they need him to come back. Don't get me wrong wurtz is an amzing player but hurts them in so many others ways. personally if i was a coach i would not rely on a player if i did'nt know if he would show up.
PA42

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:43 am

took the words right out of my mouth horne98.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby knights4 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:18 am

A.K without is without a doubt the most overpowering and best in the region but i would much rather see his offspeed pitch instead strait fastballs because your already out by the time you get the chance to time it. and when you do make contact its a grounder to second. Cull is pretty good but not top 5, he has a good fastball but he tells his curve (not going to say how) tanner adam was good everytime i saw him pitch against other teams but against us he walked a lot of people and gave up 2 homers and was out by the third. 
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:15 am

I don't know alot of the pitchers from around the state but lorenz was pretty good. James olderbak was 5-1. and lance johansen was 9-1 both of them were sophmore for lakotas team last year they should be pretty good

Big Hitter

Postby tadam6 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:55 pm

sounds like lakota is gonna win in it all this year w/ all their firepower....
tadam6

Postby baseball11 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:23 pm

knights4 wrote:A.K without is without a doubt the most overpowering and best in the region but i would much rather see his offspeed pitch instead strait fastballs because your already out by the time you get the chance to time it. and when you do make contact its a grounder to second. Cull is pretty good but not top 5, he has a good fastball but he tells his curve (not going to say how) tanner adam was good everytime i saw him pitch against other teams but against us he walked a lot of people and gave up 2 homers and was out by the third. 

I'm guessing your from Cavalier.  I haven't seen enough of Cull to rate him, but the game I remember him from was 1st round of the region tourney in H.S.  All he did was shut down (without a clutch HR the game could've went either way) a very potent Langdon offense and hit a HR (I believe he had 4 RBI's that game).  Impressive for a freshman.

baseball11

PreviousNext

Return to Class B