preseason polls

preseason polls

Postby basebizzal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Heard the first of the preseason polls came out..with munich at #1 and ryan at #2..anybody know the rest of the rankings?
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Re: preseason polls

Postby mike thingstad » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Class B State Rankings
1 - Munich

2 - Minot Bishop Ryan

3 - Central Cass

4 - Dakota Prairie

5 - Grafton

6 - Steele-Dawson-W-T-P-R

7 - Velva

8 - Lamoure - Litchville - Marion

9 - Hatton-Northwood

10 - Hope-Page / Finley-Sharon
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:43 pm

mike thingstad wrote:Class B State Rankings
1 - Munich

2 - Minot Bishop Ryan

3 - Central Cass

4 - Dakota Prairie

5 - Grafton

6 - Steele-Dawson-W-T-P-R

7 - Velva

8 - Lamoure - Litchville - Marion

9 - Hatton-Northwood

10 - Hope-Page / Finley-Sharon

Thanks coach. I don't see anything wrong with these brackets. Do any of you guys?
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:20 pm

I feel that all of the teams on here should absolutely be in the poll. the order of them was a little surprising to me. I guess i should say that i thought Velva was going to be a little bit higher, and Dakota Prairie around the 7-8 spot. And i thought that Hatton was going to be up around 5. But the only reason i say that is because DP lost their top two pitchers from last year, or at least from what i remember, and Velva and Hatton have gotten a little bit of hype on here. However i feel that this poll has all of the names in it that should be.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:00 pm

baseball4life wrote:I feel that all of the teams on here should absolutely be in the poll. the order of them was a little surprising to me. I guess i should say that i thought Velva was going to be a little bit higher, and Dakota Prairie around the 7-8 spot. And i thought that Hatton was going to be up around 5. But the only reason i say that is because DP lost their top two pitchers from last year, or at least from what i remember, and Velva and Hatton have gotten a little bit of hype on here. However i feel that this poll has all of the names in it that should be.

DP did loose there two top pitchers. But if you fallowed Region 3 at all last year you would have heard that one of them didn't pitch until the end of the year do to a elbow injury. This gave Tyler Luehring the number 2 spot for the whole year. Plus gave Griffin Ham and Kyle Lamb a chance to pitch in games. In fact Ham beat Central Valley in CV before regionals last year. CV took 4th in state. So I think you could say that DP returns there 2,3, and 4 from last years staff.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball4life » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:38 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball4life wrote:I feel that all of the teams on here should absolutely be in the poll. the order of them was a little surprising to me. I guess i should say that i thought Velva was going to be a little bit higher, and Dakota Prairie around the 7-8 spot. And i thought that Hatton was going to be up around 5. But the only reason i say that is because DP lost their top two pitchers from last year, or at least from what i remember, and Velva and Hatton have gotten a little bit of hype on here. However i feel that this poll has all of the names in it that should be.

DP did loose there two top pitchers. But if you fallowed Region 3 at all last year you would have heard that one of them didn't pitch until the end of the year do to a elbow injury. This gave Tyler Luehring the number 2 spot for the whole year. Plus gave Griffin Ham and Kyle Lamb a chance to pitch in games. In fact Ham beat Central Valley in CV before regionals last year. CV took 4th in state. So I think you could say that DP returns there 2,3, and 4 from last years staff.

Oh i see. Ya i guess i am not from that area of the state and only saw them at the state tournament. Since that is the case, then i guess they should not be moved down. I don't remember the two names, but i know the two that they considered to be their top two during state were really solid, and i guess i didn't see what their number three was like.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winners&losers » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:54 pm

I personally think velva probably should be a couple spots higher and minot ryan a couple spots lower if on here at all....minot ryan lost almost all their starters last year did they not?? if so...they probably shouldn't be that high... idk if steele should be at 6 either...
winners&losers

Postby thatguy422 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:05 pm

I don't understand how Ryan can be ranked 2. They have a good chance to make it to state but since they lost most of their starters how can they be ranked 2 in the state? The players they have this year haven't really proved themselves. (not saying they won't)
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby legionball4life » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Grafton shouldnt be in the poll. They lost half there lineup last year.

Fordville Lankin/Park River will take the region.
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spoilers23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:02 am

legionball4life wrote:Grafton shouldnt be in the poll. They lost half there lineup last year.

Fordville Lankin/Park River will take the region.

Region champs 3 out of the last 4 years. Hard to pick against them. Return the two best pitchers in the region (Tweten and Martinez). Three best hitters in the region (Martinez, Paulson, Demers). Best catcher in the region (Paulson).

F-L/PR doesn't have pitching. With wood bats pitching will prevail over the Flyers' so called 'fire power.'

Grafton wins the region for the third year in a row.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby legionball4life » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:43 pm

You being from grafton AK...i thought you would of heard that Chad Demers is playing for the Fargo Force...2 best pitchers in the region? Martinez yes, hes good, but sam tweeten one of the best?

3 best hitters in the region? What about Mozinski and Forester from FLPR?

I guess we will see at the end of the season...if there is a season... :(
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spoilers23 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:03 pm

legionball4life wrote:You being from grafton AK...i thought you would of heard that Chad Demers is playing for the Fargo Force...2 best pitchers in the region? Martinez yes, hes good, but sam tweeten one of the best?

Me being from Grafton knows that Demers is coming back to Grafton to play high school baseball. But hey, thanks for trying.
Tweten has the best curveball in the region, end of arguement. He locates very well and can pop the mitt. The hitters you mentioned will be alright because of the lack of pitching in the region, but would you put either of them in front of Martinez, Demers, or Paulson? Not a chance.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcsportsfan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:54 am

spoilers23 wrote:
legionball4life wrote:You being from grafton AK...i thought you would of heard that Chad Demers is playing for the Fargo Force...2 best pitchers in the region? Martinez yes, hes good, but sam tweeten one of the best?

Me being from Grafton knows that Demers is coming back to Grafton to play high school baseball. But hey, thanks for trying.
Tweten has the best curveball in the region, end of arguement. He locates very well and can pop the mitt. The hitters you mentioned will be alright because of the lack of pitching in the region, but would you put either of them in front of Martinez, Demers, or Paulson? Not a chance.

Legionball4 life. Aren't you the one who talked about how solid pitching is gonna win the region? And now your talking about how great the hitting is for FLPR and that will carry them to state? They do not have either. Mozinski and Forester are good hitters, but against who? Look at the stats when they face the best pitchers around the region last year? It doesn't look too good. Tweten does have the best curveball, and he is a gamer, along with Martinez. Paulson is gonna be one of the top catchers. Not to mention all of these players can hit the ball. Your also forgetting the tradition that comes along with a team. Grafton has started a tradition with winning and consisently making it to state. All of those players mentioned above know what it takes and will carry that over to this year.
Last edited by bcsportsfan on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcsportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BrewerFan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:51 am

"Me being from Grafton knows that Demers is coming back to Grafton to play high school baseball."

Is Demers able to come back? I would think transfer rules would not allow him to do that unless he has been enrolled at Grafton all year.
BrewerFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball007 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:34 pm

Park River got no hit in a double header vs. Grafton last year. Martinez will be the top pitcher in the leauge, and Tweten will be in the top. In that same double header park river threw who was suppose to be their new top gun and he got shelled. Paulson will be by far the best catcher in the league, and I dont see anyone really that would be willing to run on him. And if they let him pitch, it gives Grafton another arm to use and he's not even that bad of a pitcher. He could definately shut down alot of teams in region 4.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:45 pm

BrewerFan wrote:
"Me being from Grafton knows that Demers is coming back to Grafton to play high school baseball."

Is Demers able to come back? I would think transfer rules would not allow him to do that unless he has been enrolled at Grafton all year.

My guess is if Spoiler23 says he will be playing, he will be playing cause I think he's got the right connections to know that. :roll:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby spoilers23 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:45 am

Demers is graduating from Grafton High School.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:03 pm

He might be graduating from Grafton, but wasn't he going to Fargo South to school while he was playing for the Force? If thats the case he won't be able to play.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatbambino » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:52 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:He might be graduating from Grafton, but wasn't he going to Fargo South to school while he was playing for the Force? If thats the case he won't be able to play.

care to elaborate why he wouldnt be able to?
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Well if he is enrolled at Fargo South, its kind of hard to transfer back to Grafton and play with the rules the NDHSAA has on transfers. Don't you have to sit out a semester before you can play? Yeah me might be able to graduate from there but play baseball? That just don't seem right, it doesn't matter if he parents are residents of Grafton. He still is a transfer.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatbambino » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:10 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:Well if he is enrolled at Fargo South, its kind of hard to transfer back to Grafton and play with the rules the NDHSAA has on transfers. Don't you have to sit out a semester before you can play? Yeah me might be able to graduate from there but play baseball? That just don't seem right, it doesn't matter if he parents are residents of Grafton. He still is a transfer.

sitting out a semester is for in district transfers. his transfers are between districts (grafton school district and the fargo public schools district). plus he never participated in any ndhsaa athletic programs.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:53 pm

A transfer is still a transfer. When them kids transferred over from Northwood to Dakota Prairie because of that tornado. They didn't let them play football right away when they transferred over. Just saying a transfer is a transfer no matter how you slice it.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:24 pm

I am pretty sure that his permanent address will be in Grafton so that will negate the fact that he went to school to at Fargo South.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:20 pm

It still shouldn't matter. If your enrolled in another school fro 3/4 for the year and then come back for the last quarter, you shouldnt be able to play.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatbambino » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:55 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:It still shouldn't matter. If your enrolled in another school fro 3/4 for the year and then come back for the last quarter, you shouldnt be able to play.

so lets say he moved to fargo in september with his family due to a parents job requiring them to live in fargo. then say around april his parent quits the job and they decide to move back to grafton. so by what you have said, that kid should not be allowed to play because he didnt attend that school for 3/4 of the year.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B