Region 8

Re: Region 8

Postby sekasum » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:48 pm

Disappointed in Washburn coach? Why, because he didn't squeeze with 2 outs? Why, because they lost 11 of their last 12 games? They were young and it was obvious watching them play the seniors lacked the leadership qualities. Why give Steele a hard time with all of their towns when Washburn wouldn't have a team without Wilton or Center? How many guys play Legion in Washburn? I heard 11. Is that the coach's fault too? When the team wins it is the players but losing is always the coach's fault.
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Postby sekasum » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:31 pm

Stimy that was quite the clinic Washburn put on in Region tourney. You were dead on about Shiloh though.
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 pm

How about this year. Who is the best?
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:How about this year. Who is the best?

I think Shiloh has to be considered the favorite with Lardy returning, but Kidder Cty and Washburn-Wilton-Center-Stanton will be in the running again.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby t-wolve » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:49 pm

Shiloh will win with talent (Lardy, Knell, Slabaugh, Friesen are all good).... Steele has one of the best coaches in the state and will be competitive as always (Randall)..... Tappen/Medina has way more talent than WWCS... and WWCS does lack coaching and seniors this year(they had way more talent than Shiloh last year, had 5-6 good seniors- including Charlie Retterath and somehow lost in two games)
t-wolve
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:02 pm

t-wolve wrote:Shiloh will win with talent (Lardy, Knell, Slabaugh, Friesen are all good).... Steele has one of the best coaches in the state and will be competitive as always (Randall)..... Tappen/Medina has way more talent than WWCS... and WWCS does lack coaching and seniors this year(they had way more talent than Shiloh last year, had 5-6 good seniors- including Charlie Retterath and somehow lost in two games)

Lol, that's hilarious.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
t-wolve wrote:Shiloh will win with talent (Lardy, Knell, Slabaugh, Friesen are all good).... Steele has one of the best coaches in the state and will be competitive as always (Randall)..... Tappen/Medina has way more talent than WWCS... and WWCS does lack coaching and seniors this year(they had way more talent than Shiloh last year, had 5-6 good seniors- including Charlie Retterath and somehow lost in two games)

Lol, that's hilarious.

Hard to argue Silbernagels record, his teams have taken 7th, 2nd, 1st, 4th, and 6th in the last 8-9 years and i think his teams were in the region championship every one of those years.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

Lol, that's hilarious.

Hard to argue Silbernagels record, his teams have taken 7th, 2nd, 1st, 4th, and 6th in the last 8-9 years and i think his teams were in the region championship every one of those years.

Record doesn't mean jack. Kinda easy to make the region championship with 4 teams in the region and perphaps the most talent running through a program in the area...
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby t-wolve » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:29 am

Just so you know. I have to give him his credit. His players are ready to play and when I watch his games there is very little I can second guess about his management of the game. And I could go on.... Yes maybe the region AT TIMES, has been weak, but he has them ready to play. And I hate to say this about him but I must give him his props.
Last edited by t-wolve on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t-wolve
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:01 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

Lol, that's hilarious.

Record doesn't mean jack. Kinda easy to make the region championship with 4 teams in the region and perphaps the most talent running through a program in the area...

Silbernagel is a great coach who runs a very quality program, unfortunately the program is currently a step down from their state tournament years, but never the less a great coach who has to be considered in at least the top 10 coaches in the state if not the top 5.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:45 am

Saw that both CP and Kidder Cty lost their openers. CP travels to Wasburn-Wilton-Center-Stanton today.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:32 pm

CP and WWCS split today.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Class B