Region 8

Region 8

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:40 pm

Besides WWCS and Kidder County, does anybody else stand a chance at the region title?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Re: Region 8

Postby bballdude101 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:06 pm

not really wwcs and kidder county (idk what the official name is in baseball because they have towns from all over lol) are way better then anyone else
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3girlsbbmom » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:29 am

Kidder County is the right name! They have 4 towns, Steele, Tappen, Tuttle, Pettibone. And i believe Napoleon still will coop with them but i dont believe they draw any kids from any of these towns that play. Evan Gross i have heard, is not playing baseball this year so they wont have any one from Napolean(correct me if im wrong)
3girlsbbmom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballdude101 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:51 pm

3girlsbbmom wrote:Kidder County is the right name! They have 4 towns, Steele, Tappen, Tuttle, Pettibone. And i believe Napoleon still will coop with them but i dont believe they draw any kids from any of these towns that play. Evan Gross i have heard, is not playing baseball this year so they wont have any one from Napolean(correct me if im wrong)

well wing is also in there and why wouldnt gross play this year?
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3girlsbbmom » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:03 pm

I did forget Wing, 1 guy plays from Wing and Evan Gross is not on Kidder Countys roster this year!
3girlsbbmom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Michigan12 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:12 am

Don't be suprised if you see Central Prairie in the mix. I heard they got a new coach.
Michigan12
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Washburn-Wilton-Center-Stanton takes two from Kidder County.

2-1 and 10-1
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby stimy » Sat May 02, 2009 3:27 pm

WWCS is looking impressive as always they are fun to watch. Every game they can put on a clinic whether it's from the mound, the field, or in the batter's box. They are solid all around and are looking good early. The loss to Medina was surprising but give credit to them they are not looking bad at all this year. They could be a contender if they had a 2 more good pitchers. But Washburn should go to State just on the program they have built and how solid those kids are.
Where the heck did Shiloh come from. They sweep Steele and beat Medina all four times and tie Lamoure in extra innings in the Metrodome. Tuesday's matchup against Washburn will be exciting to see if they are for real or if Washburn is going to walk over this region. But Shiloh finally has a solid team for the first time since the 2003 team. Zach Lardy strikes out 12 kids in the Steele game then comes right back and does it against Medina. This kid must have some pretty good stuff if he can do that. Keep an eye on this team who would have thought a Shiloh baseball team might have a better shot at state and not the basketball team but that's a long shot prediction Tuesday will prove if they are for real.
And what happened to SDWTPRN? They have always been a dominant team in the Region and are at the very bottom. I haven't seen them play does anyone know if they are that bad this year or if everyone else has got that much better?
Exciting Region to watch this year it's finally not a 2 team race looking forward to who can step it up come tournament time!
stimy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stimy » Sat May 02, 2009 3:29 pm

3girlsbbmom wrote:Kidder County is the right name! They have 4 towns, Steele, Tappen, Tuttle, Pettibone. And i believe Napoleon still will coop with them but i dont believe they draw any kids from any of these towns that play. Evan Gross i have heard, is not playing baseball this year so they wont have any one from Napolean(correct me if im wrong)

And it's actually 7 towns. Steel, Dawson, Wing, Tuttle, Pettibone, Robinson, Napolean. Tappen actually plays with Medina and Cleveland.
stimy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan7 » Sat May 02, 2009 5:35 pm

stimy wrote:

And it's actually 7 towns. Steel, Dawson, Wing, Tuttle, Pettibone, Robinson, Napolean. Tappen actually plays with Medina and Cleveland.

Wouldn't it make mor sense if Tappen played for KC, seeing that they are in the same school district and all now.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat May 02, 2009 5:48 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
stimy wrote:

Wouldn't it make mor sense if Tappen played for KC, seeing that they are in the same school district and all now.

Tappen kids play for KC, though only one comes over. There are no Napoleon kids playing this year.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby yanksfan18 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:09 pm

How good is this region, honestly? You are going to say that Kidder County is going to win the region championship? I heard they were just no-hit last weekend in Enderlin by a kid that has never thrown off a mound before in his life.
yanksfan18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stimy » Sun May 03, 2009 12:37 am

yanksfan18 wrote:How good is this region, honestly? You are going to say that Kidder County is going to win the region championship? I heard they were just no-hit last weekend in Enderlin by a kid that has never thrown off a mound before in his life.

That's a good question. The sad thing is it will be almost impossible to tell because there were so many games canceled these teams wont get too many games out of the Region. I didn't hear about the no hitter. KC is last in the region but any no-hitter is embarrassing. How good is this region? They sure are competitive with each other finally but I just don't think there is any way to know until the State tournament.
stimy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 3girlsbbmom » Sun May 03, 2009 8:44 am

Kidder County has only 3 or 4 players from last years roster and the rest of the team hasnt played since pee wees. Low numbers happens to small coops thats just the way it is. All the towns mentioned are in the coop but they have consolidated into 1 county school. Tappen and Steele are the only schools left in the county. idder County has 1 player from Tappen, 2 from Wing and the rest are Steele kids. There off to a slow start and obviously wont have the team of years past but they are not awful, I believe they did split with Washburn on Friday and the loss was only 3-2.
3girlsbbmom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan7 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:40 am

yanksfan18 wrote:How good is this region, honestly? You are going to say that Kidder County is going to win the region championship? I heard they were just no-hit last weekend in Enderlin by a kid that has never thrown off a mound before in his life.

A team with not a lot of experience, that will get a lot better as the season progresses. WWCS would represent well at state the way they are playing and its tough to say with KC because of the inexperience. Definately not any where near the teams they had a few years back, but not terrible either it should definately be an interesting region tournament.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby stimy » Tue May 19, 2009 10:36 pm

First Round
Central Prairie upsets Washburn
Shiloh 22 Kidder County 3

TWENTY TWO to THREE are you serious? Against Adam Randall that first inning I did not think that was possible. Zach Lardy look's unbelievable but it helps when the other team has 9 errors which gave him major run support. Central Prairie looked good and forced a Washburn Kidder County loser out gay who would have thunk it.

Second Day
Kidder County 15 Washburn 4
Shiloh 6 Central Prairie 5

Washburn absolutely fell apart. A little disappointed in the Coach I had a lot of respect for what he had done with the program then after they fell apart he openly blamed the kids to the parents to try to justify it. You just don't do that as a coach. But they flat out fell apart. Central Prairie hit the ball hard the first inning forcing 3 errors and helping them get 3 runs and an early lead. It was 5-2 going into the bottom of the 6th and Shiloh scored 4 runs with 2 outs to go up 6-5. They put Lardy in in the top of the 7th and closed out the game.

So Central Prairie plays Kidder County loser out should be a good game winner plays Shiloh and has to beat them twice to advance. Whoever advances can play with Shiloh they are not unbeatable but they will probably pitch Lardy the first game which will be very difficult. If they can sneak a win the problem is with the inning rule their 1 and 2 pitchers will both have their 12 innings used up more than likely and neither team has a good number 3 pitcher. Shiloh has 4 pitchers and can use their 1 and 2 for one of the games so that win today was big and it their chances look good. Definitely not easy but you have to give this Shiloh team credit for what they have done this year they would definitely represent the region well at State if they can advance. Should be 2 or 3 evenly matched games the rest of the way I just don't see anyone getting 10 runned like Washburn did both games which I still cannot believe.

If anyone hasn't seen these teams play I definitely recommend making the trip to Steele! Good luck to the remaining teams it should be a good day for baseball on Thursday!
stimy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:15 am

Shiloh should take the region, as the other 2 teams are not that deep in pitching and overall hitters on the field. Huge disappointment for the WWCS fans who after returning alot from a solid club last year are the first team knocked out. A questionable call not going with your ace the opening day and securing the first win. Good to see KC come back after commiting double degit errors on Monday. Tournament will be done on Thursday as whoever wins the KC vs CP game will end up facing most like Lardy from SC who both teams struggled against.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby shooter01 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:12 pm

This region has definitely been an interesting one. All the teams were very even. A big suprise came when Washburn was knocked off first, they were expecting to be in the championship at least if not making it to state. But I guess thats what makes high school baseball so exciting. Shiloh is sitting in a good position to take the Region since central prairie or steele will be losing pitchers having to play a back to back game. Good Luck to all teams it should be two very exciting games. If someone wants to see some fun baseball, go to steele on thursday!
shooter01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stimy » Wed May 20, 2009 10:08 pm

Say Central Prairie wins, the championship will be them against Shiloh. I think Shiloh has only played in a Regional Championship once and does anyone know if Central Prairie (all the way back to the Medina days) has ever made it to the final? Which means Steele and/or Washburn has played in every single Regional final since I can remember that just seems crazy to me. Just throwing that randomly out there but it would be weird to see these to teams playing for the championship not the first loser out game.
stimy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shooter01 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:22 pm

stimy wrote:Say Central Prairie wins, the championship will be them against Shiloh. I think Shiloh has only played in a Regional Championship once and does anyone know if Central Prairie (all the way back to the Medina days) has ever made it to the final? Which means Steele and/or Washburn has played in every single Regional final since I can remember that just seems crazy to me. Just throwing that randomly out there but it would be weird to see these to teams playing for the championship not the first loser out game.

The last time Shiloh was in a regional championship was in 2003 against Steele
shooter01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stimy » Wed May 20, 2009 10:31 pm

shooter01 wrote:
stimy wrote:Say Central Prairie wins, the championship will be them against Shiloh. I think Shiloh has only played in a Regional Championship once and does anyone know if Central Prairie (all the way back to the Medina days) has ever made it to the final? Which means Steele and/or Washburn has played in every single Regional final since I can remember that just seems crazy to me. Just throwing that randomly out there but it would be weird to see these to teams playing for the championship not the first loser out game.

It was 2004, in 2003 Shiloh had probably the best team they ever had but Center upset them by 1 run in the first round that was before the double elimination. In 2004 Shiloh upset Washburn first round then Steele beat them by like 20 both games or something and went on to take second in State. Does anyone know if Medina has ever made it to one?
stimy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shooter01 » Wed May 20, 2009 11:01 pm

stimy wrote:
shooter01 wrote:

It was 2004, in 2003 Shiloh had probably the best team they ever had but Center upset them by 1 run in the first round that was before the double elimination. In 2004 Shiloh upset Washburn first round then Steele beat them by like 20 both games or something and went on to take second in State. Does anyone know if Medina has ever made it to one?

Shiloh made it to the championship in 2003 and 2004, they choked it 2003 to steele, they were ahead but steele came backand beat them and in 2004 they got dominated both games..and no im not sure about Medina
shooter01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 3girlsbbmom » Thu May 21, 2009 7:51 pm

Kidder County beat Central Prairie in the first game, Shiloh beats kidder County in the second game 2-1 in the seventh.Was agood game congratulations Shiloh you will represent region 8 well at state.
3girlsbbmom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stimy » Thu May 21, 2009 9:49 pm

HECK OF A GAME!!!

Congrats Shiloh those kids definitely deserve to represent the region after that finish! If you weren't there the game was scoreless through 5 but a good game. Great pitching solid fielding for both teams. Bottom of the 6th inning Shiloh starts off with back to back doubles scoring a run then KC retires the next 3. Top of 7th lead off pop up to second Shiloh drops the routine fly. Next batter base hit getting Randall to third. Next batter hits a sharp liner off the pitchers glove and Randall scores and the runner advances to third. Steele tried a suicide with went straight to the pitcher they threw to third to get the out and it bounce off the third baseman's glove to then rolled to the fence scoring run 2. Shiloh gets a lead off walk in the bottom of the inning then the next two batter are retired but the runner advances on a passed ball. Shiloh loads the bases with a hit and a walk then beat out an infield hit scoring the tying run. Lardy comes up to bat bases loaded and gets a shattered bat infield single giving Shiloh the win. WHAT A GAME!! Hats off to Steele coming back from a 22-3 loss Monday and turning around and making one heck of a Regional final. Good luck Shiloh you kids should represent the Region well I hope.
stimy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shooter01 » Fri May 22, 2009 1:50 am

Shiloh has had a lot of come from behind wins this season. 2 of there 3 games in the regionals were come from behind wins. Good Luck to them in the State Tournament.
shooter01
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Class B