Top Legion Teams

Postby baseballkid » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:57 am

Who do you think will be the stiff competition in Legion Baseball this year?
baseballkid

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:55 pm

Using this site i can try to say the best teams- http://www.ndlegion.org/baseball.htm , not really sure on how accurate the league placements are.
Section 1 i would say Galchutt or Fairmount will win it, i know Galchutt made it last year and hit our best pitcher really good (Hovey), Fairmount i guess i dont know much about but i guess i've heard they usually form a good team.  Enderlin or West Fargo (b) could be good, i would think West Fargo could get some good 16 year olds to play.  But i see Galchutt winning their section again this year. 
Section 2 i would think LaMoure, Lisbon, or Oakes would win.  Lisbon made it last year, but i think i heard something about Lamoure getting some out of town players that will really help them.  I think they will win their region. I remember Oakes had a good team in Babe Ruth a couple years ago, but i didnt hear much of them in h.s. ball.  I think Lamoure will win this section.
Section 3 is tough. Thompson, Central Valley, Hatton and Mayville should all put together great teams. Thompson i think is the favorite to win this region with Schumacher back. But they will be challenged.  Thompson should win this section.
Section 4 would be between Grafton and Langdon. Grafton made it last year, but i dont know much about how many players they lose to age. I think Langdon will win this one though, they made it in h.s. and maybe they will get some players that didnt play h.s.
Section 5 will be 3 teams, Velva, Rollette and the Metros. Rollette gets 4 Rugby players and they could be decent. Velva will be good like always, and the Metros are young and could challenge those 2. Makoti also beat Velva but i heard they only have 1 good pitcher and he is inconsistant.  I see Velva winning this section.
Section 6 is pretty much Garrisons.  Hummell will lead them back to state.  None of those western teams can really put together much of any team.
Section 7 has 3 teams that could win it. Cooperstown, Steele and Harvey.  Cooperstown is probably the fav. with all their h.s. players and some from dakota prairie. Steele always puts together good teams and will tough.  Harvey has good pitching but we are inconsistant hitting. Not sure who will win this section. Toss up.
Section 8 will be either highway 21 or beulah i suppose. i would think Beulah would win because of their town size, but dont really know much about that section. Washbrun will take this section, forgot about them.

i would say thompson is again the obvious favorite to win state
Last edited by tanner lorenz on Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanner lorenz

Postby Strike3? » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:05 pm

Highway 21 isnt that good ( Washburn is in their section and I think they will win it )
Last edited by Strike3? on Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tanner lorenz » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:15 pm

Strike3? wrote:Highway 21 isnt that good ( Washburn is in their section and I think they will win it )
oo, ok, well then that is most likely section 8's winner, with all their left handed pitching i thought they were in a diff. section. my bad.
tanner lorenz

Postby bison_18 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:09 am

I would say Renville County would be better than Garrison. They have better pitching than Garrison does and also finished higher than them during high school.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:37 am

havent heard much about them, i didnt even know that was a team
tanner lorenz

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:49 am

bison_18 wrote:I would say Renville County would be better than Garrison. They have better pitching than Garrison does and also finished higher than them during high school.

neither are contenders as velva and the minot metros easily handled both of them
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:02 am

anybody know anything about landsferd?

tadam6

Postby andy_7 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:51 pm

renville county is landsford
andy_7

Postby ndfan62 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:24 pm

[font=arial]tanner lorenz[/font][font=arial] said: I remember Oakes had a good team in Babe Ruth a couple years ago, but i didnt hear much of them in h.s. ball. [/font]

Oakes does not have h.s. baseball, only Lamoure does in their section.  Lamoure went to state h.s. baseball and won the state babe ruth tournament in 2005.

ndfan62

Postby tadam6 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:38 pm

well cool....does thompson have any one back?...
tadam6

Postby baseballkid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:22 pm

I'm gunna have to say...

Section 1 - Fairmount

Section 2 - LaMoure

Section 3 - Thompson (they'll get it the second time around since they couldn't pull it off in High School ball)

Section 4 - Grafton (they were in the Championship last year and I expect they'll be good this year also)

Section 5 - Velva

Section 6 - not so sure about this one but Garrison is my pick

Section 7 - Cooperstown

Section 8 - Washburn (an old team with lots of experience)

*Has any team reached 10 wins on the season yet?
Last edited by baseballkid on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseballkid

Postby bison_18 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:32 pm

Unless Grafton somehow returned a bunch of 19 year olds, i don't see them beating Langdon.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby tanner lorenz » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:35 pm

yea, i heard they dont get many players back at all
tanner lorenz

Postby tadam6 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:36 pm

Grafton is pretty much left out to dry this year
tadam6

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:53 pm

Chad Berg (i believe his name is) isnt back this year?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tadam6 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:58 pm

no he was a year older than his graduating class...he was playin college ball some where in iowa
tadam6

Postby baseballkid » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:59 pm

bison_18 wrote:Unless Grafton somehow returned a bunch of 19 year olds, i don't see them beating Langdon.

Oh, my bad.....didn't know they were that old of a team last year.
baseballkid

Postby baseballkid » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:13 pm

Has any teams reached 10 wins on the season yet?
baseballkid

Postby rep » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:39 am

cooperstown is at 9-1 this season, but they are only one of three teams whose record i know (the other two being the jamestown teams)
Last edited by rep on Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby kellygreenwonders » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:24 pm

Thompson is 5-0 in its first game counters so far... im not to sure of the overall record.
kellygreenwonders
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bison_18 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:18 pm

Velva is 11-3 after tonights sweep of Rollette.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:11 pm

i spose velva gets quite a few guys back....?
tadam6

Postby bison_18 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:31 am

Actually they only return one guy(Travis Bruner) from last year and only two starters from last year's team.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:39 pm

well how bout that...
tadam6

Next

Return to Class B