NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 7

Postby thatguy422 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm gonna go with Watford on this one.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dukefan32 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:45 pm

ice man wrote:Who's gonna come out on top??

It's going to be a close race for first. It'll either be Bishop Ryan, Watford City, or Kenmare. Also, don't sleep on NSPPB or DL-B. They are pretty good teams. But my gut is telling me to go with tradition. So I'll pick Bishop Ryan over Watford City in the Championship Game.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:52 pm

ryan
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby Walleye7 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:36 pm

dukefan32 wrote:

It's going to be a close race for first. It'll either be Bishop Ryan, Watford City, or Kenmare. Also, don't sleep on NSPPB or DL-B. They are pretty good teams. But my gut is telling me to go with tradition. So I'll pick Bishop Ryan over Watford City in the Championship Game.

I would say either Bishop Ryan or Watford City as well.
Walleye7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brickwall » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Walleye7 wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:

I would say either Bishop Ryan or Watford City as well.

good picks
brickwall
NDPreps Rookie

Postby greatest » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:02 am

NSPPB and Kenmare should be the favorites because they return 90% of their teams and both teams were pre decent last year, while Ryan and DLB depended on their seniors last year and they are now gone. Watford might have a solid team in their first year too.
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:57 am

greatest wrote:NSPPB and Kenmare should be the favorites because they return 90% of their teams and both teams were pre decent last year, while Ryan and DLB depended on their seniors last year and they are now gone. Watford might have a solid team in their first year too.

I don't know what NSPPB and Kenmare teams you were watching last year, but decent is not the word i would use to describe them. Neither has any pitching left, because Giesen was all NSPPB had and Peterson was all Kenmare had, and neither team hits well, so i am going to go with this order for teams in the region:
1. Bishop Ryan- Tradition + Good underclassman+ 50 kids in the program= a successful program year in and year out, this being no acception.
2. Watford City- Dont know much about them, but they have good athletes.
3. Williston Trinity Christian- Burnett can get them to the 3 spot by himself, but he can't do everything to get them to the championship.
4-6. Toss up between DLB, Kenmare, and NSPPB. i will give DLB the edge because they have a good coach, but who knows...
7. New Town-??? if they even have a team, they don't get enough players out for the team to do any damage, and they have NO upperclassman that seem to care about their baseball program, however there track team is a force.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:31 pm

greatest wrote:NSPPB and Kenmare should be the favorites because they return 90% of their teams and both teams were pre decent last year, while Ryan and DLB depended on their seniors last year and they are now gone. Watford might have a solid team in their first year too.

I don't know if returning 90% of a weak team will really help them.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basebizzal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:01 pm

NSPPB and Kenmare are not favorites in this region. They had weak teams last year and i dont see it changing this year. And despite losing the seniors from last year, ryan has a fantastic bunch of underclassmen that are ready to take over. I think this region belongs to them once again.
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby select21 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:39 pm

basebizzal wrote:
NSPPB and Kenmare are not favorites in this region. They had weak teams last year and i dont see it changing this year. And despite losing the seniors from last year, ryan has a fantastic bunch of underclassmen that are ready to take over. I think this region belongs to them once again.

I agree with you...i don't see ryan being very competitive at state..but i gotta admit that i don't see anyone beating them in this region..this will be a very weak region!
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatest » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:00 am

baseball4life wrote:

I don't know what NSPPB and Kenmare teams you were watching last year, but decent is not the word i would use to describe them. Neither has any pitching left, because Giesen was all NSPPB had and Peterson was all Kenmare had, and neither team hits well, so i am going to go with this order for teams in the region:
1. Bishop Ryan- Tradition + Good underclassman+ 50 kids in the program= a successful program year in and year out, this being no acception.
3. Williston Trinity Christian- Burnett can get them to the 3 spot by himself, but he can't do everything to get them to the championship.
4-6. Toss up between DLB, Kenmare, and NSPPB. i will give DLB the edge because they have a good coach, but who knows...
7. New Town-??? if they even have a team, they don't get enough players out for the team to do any damage, and they have NO upperclassman that seem to care about their baseball program, however there track team is a force.

How the heck is someone who strikes out over 50% of his at-bats going to lead a team to the #3 spot. Sounds pre ridiculous to me but hey ...
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:29 am

greatest wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

How the heck is someone who strikes out over 50% of his at-bats going to lead a team to the #3 spot. Sounds pre ridiculous to me but hey ...

I don't know about the kid at all but I would have to guess he was referring to his pitching abilities. That's generally what carries teams.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball4life » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:03 pm

greatest wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

Yes i was referring to his pitching. He will have to hold teams to one or two runs tops for their team to win. i just went out on a limb i guess, i should have said toss up between 3-6 in my eyes, but i guess i looked at it as he pitched fairly well for the keybirds this summer, so maybe he will apply his experience to the spring team this year. But i was indeed talking about pitching not hitting.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CZAQ55 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:04 am

Burnett isn't that great a pitcher anyways, he got hit hard last year. And he seriously probably did strike out half his at bats. Lots of swinging for the fences and getting NOTHING. I think this Region will be between Watford, Kenmare, or NSPPB.
"Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure."
CZAQ55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dukefan32 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:55 pm

CZAQ55 wrote:Burnett isn't that great a pitcher anyways, he got hit hard last year. And he seriously probably did strike out half his at bats. Lots of swinging for the fences and getting NOTHING. I think this Region will be between Watford, Kenmare, or NSPPB.

If your putting in NSPPB in the discussion, then you might as well put DL-B and Bishop Ryan in there too. Both teams are better, wait let me rephrase that, WAY BETTER than NSPPB.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3pointChief » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:39 pm

well nsp or "makoti" made it to state in legion baseball getting passed watford without parshall or berthold. NSPPB will be atleast number 1 or 2 no doubt.
Bolkan.....for a double bogey?
3pointChief
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:49 pm

3pointChief wrote:well nsp or "makoti" made it to state in legion baseball getting passed watford without parshall or berthold. NSPPB will be atleast number 1 or 2 no doubt.
this will be ryans region again...the only team to give them a run will be watford..possibly kenmare..nsppb does not have the talent
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby 3pointChief » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:40 pm

how many returning player is bishop gonna have this year? cuz their whole team last year was nothing but seniors
3pointChief
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:46 pm

3pointChief wrote:how many returning player is bishop gonna have this year? cuz their whole team last year was nothing but seniors
they have quite a few returning..most of them were nonstarters from last year...but i have seen them play in the times they were in and judging by how well they have done..i would put them as the #1 team in this region
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:06 pm

3pointChief wrote:well nsp or "makoti" made it to state in legion baseball getting passed watford without parshall or berthold. NSPPB will be atleast number 1 or 2 no doubt.

With Jordan Geisen, The Kirkalde kid from new town, and drosdal from new town, but those are facts that don't really play into your point correct? :?
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 3pointChief » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Jordan Giesen and Drew Drosdal were on the team but Houston Kirkaldie wasn't.
3pointChief
NDPreps Starter

Postby Walleye7 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:26 am

Technically they never made it passed Watford. Watford beat them 11-1 and 13-3 and lost 3-2 in the regular season to them but they never played Watford in sectionals. Watford City lost to crosby who then lost to Makoti to go to state. And let's not forget that Makoti lost their two best players, A.K.A. their whole team pretty much. :lol:
Last edited by Walleye7 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walleye7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Walleye7 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:29 am

dukefan32 wrote:
CZAQ55 wrote:Burnett isn't that great a pitcher anyways, he got hit hard last year. And he seriously probably did strike out half his at bats. Lots of swinging for the fences and getting NOTHING. I think this Region will be between Watford, Kenmare, or NSPPB.

If your putting in NSPPB in the discussion, then you might as well put DL-B and Bishop Ryan in there too. Both teams are better, wait let me rephrase that, WAY BETTER than NSPPB.

I agree 100%. I would consider NSPPB to be one of the weakest teams in this region. Ryan is definently better than them and idk much about DL-B but im guessin they are too cuz it wont take much.
Walleye7
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Class B