Rank em

Rank em

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:40 am

What could/should the rankings be in 2009 preseason. I will post mine in the coming days. This snow is making it hard for even me to think about my favorite sport.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Re: Rank em

Postby select21 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:What could/should the rankings be in 2009 preseason. I will post mine in the coming days. This snow is making it hard for even me to think about my favorite sport.

I think that vevla and munich will both and should be at the top in the state
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:02 am

select21 wrote:
Maniaconthefloor wrote:What could/should the rankings be in 2009 preseason. I will post mine in the coming days. This snow is making it hard for even me to think about my favorite sport.

id put both in my top 10..munich higher then velva tho
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby select21 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:33 am

basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:

what is the rest of your top ten then??
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Alright I am going to give this a whirl. Be easy on me

1. Munich-Their coached well and have the best pitching returning of teams I saw at the state tourney.
2. F-SH-P-Teams 2-8 can be switched around really easy. I like this team alot though and think they will make some serious noise this year.
3. Dakota Prairie-I know they lost some great players but I was very impressed with some of their younger player's poise last year at state.
4. Central Valley-Hillsboro-Only question I have here is pitching but they some quality kids returning
5. Grafton-They have enough returning to be rated this high.
6. Hatton-Northwood-Haven't seen them play but some people I have talked to think they will be pretty good.
7. Washburn-Good pitching only question is can they score runs.
8. Velva-Liked their youth but they were overpowered at the state last year.
9. Thompson-They always seem to be a top ten worthy team
10. Bishop Ryan-How quick can they reload. They have enough kids where I think they will make some noise.

Hon. Mention
Lamoure, Langdon, Bottineau, Enderlin
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:41 pm

1. Munich- They loose I think 2 starters, but return their two top pitchers in Schommer and Beck. Also have arguably the top catcher in the state in Klien.
2. Velva- Return all 9 starters, developed younger players by playing tough competition in the state tournament and it showed. The results were a state babe ruth title.
3. Casselton- Won state legion last year and return many of their better players. Sinner and Rust are solid on the mound.
4. Hatton-Northwood- Return a lot, they were the number 1 seed last year in regionals, but fell to CV. I think this year is theres.
5. Dakota Prairie- I think the lose of 3 seniors from a team that took 2nd in state will have them rated this low. What people don't realize two starters on the team didn't play in the state tourney. This gives them 8 solid starters back.
6. Hope-Page-Finley-Sharon- They have a great program, but loose 3 great seniors. They do have lots of youth and should compete with Casselton for the chance to make it state.
7. Washburn- Don't know much about them other then they always compete with Steele for state. This year I think they make it.
8. Langdon- I think this year they will make a run. They struggled with the lose of some great players from 2 years ago's team. This year they have some experience back and should compete for the title.
9. Minot Ryan- Great program, great coach, and not a lot of competition in their region.
10. Carrington- Return everyone except 1 from a very good team last year. They could suprise some people this year.

other considerations...
Grafton, Park River, Central Valley, Steele, and Enderlin
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:30 am

I might have messed up not including Central Cass. My bad but i thought they had lost more than a couple of players.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:30 pm

1. Munich- talented crew of Jr's and Sr's who have 2 yrs of state experience
2. Velva- Good baseball tradition with everyone coming back.
3. Hatton Northwood- lost a couple high scoring games to CVH for the chance at state
4. Casselton- won state legion, bring alot back
5. CVH- great offense, but need to improve pitching.
6. Dakota Prarie- might struggle without, it seams like their only 2 pitchers from last year
7. Steele- Adam Randall will lead them back to state
8. Bishop Ryan- have enough to return to state led by Ben Kramer
9- Washburn- could over take Steele this year
10. FLPR- my dark horse, with everybody back, they are better than region foes Grafton and Langdon
Last edited by NE B-Baller 242 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:02 am

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:1. Munich- talented crew of Jr's and Sr's who have 2 yrs of state experience
3. Hatton Northwood- lost a couple high scoring games to CVH for the chance at state
6. Dakota Prarie- might struggle without, it seams like their only 2 pitchers from last year
8. Bishop Ryan- have enough to return to state.
10. FLPR- my dark horse, with everybody back, they are better than region foes Grafton and Langdon

I wouldnt say Dakota Prairie lost their only 2 pitchers.
-Tyler Luehring threw more innings than anyone on their team last year. Luehring was their number 2 behind Nichols last year until Severson returned from injury.
-Griffin Ham was there number 4 last year is back, he beat Central Valley who took fourth in the state tournament last year.
-Plus Kyle Lamb who threw for their legion team all summer will be one of the top pitchers in their region next year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby spoilers23 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:57 pm

I have two questions. Pakkyzoo, this experience you talk about Langdon returning, who is it? NE b-baller, who's going to pitch for FLPR?

With that being said I'll take Grafton over both of them. Call me biased, but they have the most pitching (Martinez, Tweten, Paulson, Aasand), best catcher in the region if not state, and their junior class got plenty of experience in the legion last summer.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:08 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:1. Munich- talented crew of Jr's and Sr's who have 2 yrs of state experience
good rankings..the only thing i would do is probably bring velva down a little and maybe bring ryan up a spot or two.
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:15 pm

spoilers23 wrote:I have two questions. Pakkyzoo, this experience you talk about Langdon returning, who is it? NE b-baller, who's going to pitch for FLPR?

With that being said I'll take Grafton over both of them. Call me biased, but they have the most pitching (Martinez, Tweten, Paulson, Aasand), best catcher in the region if not state, and their junior class got plenty of experience in the legion last summer.

I was just thinking with the recent success... Loosing some good players to graduation and the USHL, that maybe they won't have as good of luck this year. I mean they lost there 1 and 2 pitchers, Demers, and Molde. I just figured that maybe it is time another team made a run. Todd Paulson is a great catcher and Bubba is a great all around player. Your probably right they will still be better then Langdon.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby select21 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:21 pm

basebizzal wrote:
good rankings..the only thing i would do is probably bring velva down a little and maybe bring ryan up a spot or two.

i don't see how you can be moving velva down and then trying to move ryan up...i mean ryan lost a lot of talent with the graduation of last years seniors..and vevla's starters have been to the state tournament the last 4 years
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:49 pm

select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

i don't see how you can be moving velva down and then trying to move ryan up...i mean ryan lost a lot of talent with the graduation of last years seniors..and vevla's starters have been to the state tournament the last 4 years
ryan i still believe is going to surprise a lot of people despite losing last years seniors, they still have a decent amount of talent on that team and are well coached...and i dont think all of velvas starters have been to the tournament 4 straight years..but if so im still not convinced that they should be #2, ive seen too much mediocracy from them..however,im not taking anything away from this velva team because i still think they will be a pretty good ball club and could make some noise at state.
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby select21 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:48 pm

basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

ryan i still believe is going to surprise a lot of people despite losing last years seniors, they still have a decent amount of talent on that team and are well coached...and i dont think all of velvas starters have been to the tournament 4 straight years..but if so im still not convinced that they should be #2, ive seen too much mediocracy from them..however,im not taking anything away from this velva team because i still think they will be a pretty good ball club and could make some noise at state.

who will ryan even have for a pitching staff?? besides magnuson? and kramer i guess if he throws some??
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:59 pm

select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

who will ryan even have for a pitching staff?? besides magnuson? and kramer i guess if he throws some??
petz, magnuson, himmerick, kramer and storbeck will probably be there starters..petz, magnuson, himmerick, and storbeck are all juniors..these guys can play really good ball but didnt get much pt with all of the seniors from last year..also petz was out with a torn knee ligament last season
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby select21 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:11 pm

basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

petz, magnuson, himmerick, kramer and storbeck will probably be there starters..petz, magnuson, himmerick, and storbeck are all juniors..these guys can play really good ball but didnt get much pt with all of the seniors from last year..also petz was out with a torn knee ligament last season

did any of those kids pitch that much last year at all??
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:09 am

select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

himmerick, kramer, and magnuson saw the most time..storbeck saw the least..petz was out for the season
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:37 pm

basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

himmerick, kramer, and magnuson saw the most time..storbeck saw the least..petz was out for the season

What happened to Petz?
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:14 pm

basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Magnuson was a sophomore.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:17 pm

dukefan32 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

correct. my mistake
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:17 pm

basebizzal wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

correct. my mistake

Will Velva play Bishop Ryan before the State Tournament, assuming both of those teams make it?
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby select21 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:07 pm

dukefan32 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:

correct. my mistake

Will Velva play Bishop Ryan before the State Tournament, assuming both of those teams make it?

i don't think it is in velva's schedule..it might be but probably not..
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby brockstar41 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:03 am

pakkyzoo wrote:1. Munich- They loose I think 2 starters, but return their two top pitchers in Schommer and Beck. Also have arguably the top catcher in the state in Klien.
2. Velva- Return all 9 starters, developed younger players by playing tough competition in the state tournament and it showed. The results were a state babe ruth title.
3. Casselton- Won state legion last year and return many of their better players. Sinner and Rust are solid on the mound.
4. Hatton-Northwood- Return a lot, they were the number 1 seed last year in regionals, but fell to CV. I think this year is theres.
5. Dakota Prairie- I think the lose of 3 seniors from a team that took 2nd in state will have them rated this low. What people don't realize two starters on the team didn't play in the state tourney. This gives them 8 solid starters back.
6. Hope-Page-Finley-Sharon- They have a great program, but loose 3 great seniors. They do have lots of youth and should compete with Casselton for the chance to make it state.
7. Washburn- Don't know much about them other then they always compete with Steele for state. This year I think they make it.
8. Langdon- I think this year they will make a run. They struggled with the lose of some great players from 2 years ago's team. This year they have some experience back and should compete for the title.
9. Minot Ryan- Great program, great coach, and not a lot of competition in their region.
10. Carrington- Return everyone except 1 from a very good team last year. They could suprise some people this year.

other considerations...
Grafton, Park River, Central Valley, Steele, and Enderlin

Carrington has some guys who might not play this year. Dusty Lyman hurt his shoulder in wrestling and there is a rumor that Chris and Kyle Bahm might not play.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby Iceman222333 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:02 pm

select21 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
select21 wrote:

what is the rest of your top ten then??

I dont think velva will be in state it will most likly be Surrey
Iceman222333
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Class B