region 2 09

region 2 09

Postby yanksfan18 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:10 pm

what are your predictions? This region is looking to make a comeback competition-wise
yanksfan18
NDPreps Reserve

Re: region 2 09

Postby Big Blue » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:12 pm

It is going to be an interesting one to follow. I think CV and Hatton are the front runners but both Thompson and mpcg will be right up there. Losing Olsen, Schmitt and Riske will hurt the Valliants but they will still be tough without a question. This could be Hatton's season. Bilden, Workin, Huus and Pladson give the Thunder a real nice core of returning guys. Thompson lost guys but they bring up some very nice young players. MPCG could be the dark horse this season. They have improved each of the last two seasons and will have to start finishing off games. Tons of talent and depth and they only lose one player. Minto will continue to be pesky and pull of an upset or two but won't have enough firepower to be in the top two or three. It seemed as if the Midway-Larimore Co-op worked out pretty well last season. Berge, Quinn and Contreas give the team a few quality players. It should be a more balanced region than in the past and I think it could go a number of ways.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby yanksfan18 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:47 pm

Do you really think there is any competition for HN this year? i mean seriously Aaron Meyer is not going to get CV to state by himself. I don't see anyone else standing out on that team. As for HN their outfield will be solid with Pladson, Dafforn, and Hillesland; infield will be above average with bilden either on the bump or at first and workin in the middle somewhere, brad taylor made some pretty good plays at third, only his bat will need to get better to make an offensive impact. huus hands down one of the best behind the plate in class b. mayville will be consistent all year with Ust, berry, kyllo, and ingebretson. They have a lot of pitching, it's just not that good. Thompson will be better but nothing too special with basically reineke and morgan. They will compete don't get me wrong. Midway-Larimore will maybe be better, it's hard to tell with them, they'll without a doubt be a sleeper in the region, they lost a lot in larson though. Pitching will probably be a factor for them. I really think this is the year HN makes it passed that region championship game that they've lost like four times in six years.
yanksfan18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby yanksfan18 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:50 pm

And being from hillsboro i hate to say it, but imo this is how it will play out in the region this year.
1.HN
2.CV-H
3Thompson
4. MPCG
5. Midway/Larimore
6. Minto
yanksfan18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tigger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:31 am

yanksfan18 wrote:And being from hillsboro i hate to say it, but imo this is how it will play out in the region this year.
1.HN
2.CV-H
3Thompson
4. MPCG
5. Midway/Larimore
6. Minto

I don't think you are too far off with your projections. Hatton (HN) was so close to going to state last year in high school and Legion ball, and I think they will make it this year in high school. They return the best roster and have great coaching; it is theirs to lose. CV-H lost a lot, but they should still be competitive. I'm curious to see what Ryam Brantl can do with the talent he has coming back; last year was the first time in forever the Tommies didn't play for a region title which will probably be good motivation for them. MPCG needs to learn how finish games and find someone to replace Adam Fyre.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:20 pm

I would agree that HN is the favorite in the region, but here are a couple of CV-H ballplayers that are ready to have breakout years:

Chase Luchsinger - he's turning into a very good defensive shortstop and he was really starting to come on as a hitter late last season. He'll be in the heart of the Valiant batting order.

Sam Moen - he's shown that he's got good power. Look for him to replace some of the RBIs they lost.

Zack Siewert - another power hitter. He should come into his own this year and be a good threat at the plate.

I think CV-H's biggest problem is going to be finding enough pitchers. There are some good Hillsboro athletes who could help if they come out for spring ball.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Champs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Hey Thompson will be right up there.
They have Morgan, Weber, Reineke, Naas, Bengs, and the Bratager brothers.
Let's not forget about another Syrstad.
Champs
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Class B