Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:47 pm

NDBaseball17 wrote:i would say
1.DP
2.NR
3.Harvey
4.Lakota
5.Carrington
6.Midkota

Carrington will finish in the top 3. Not a doubt in my mind. They only loose Simonson and Lura. They return Dusty Lyman, Dillon Hewitt, Cameron Roundy, Tanner Hewitt, the Bahm Brothers, and Franchuk. All starters from last years team. Lyman is the best pitcher on their team, and he never threw a game during high school. He ended up pitching during legion and probably was one of their top pitchers. Hewitt is an all around good player. They return almost everybody. The thing I know they lack, they arent a great hitting team and dont have a good coach. I know he received Coach of the Year last year, they were the 3 seed, but look what happen when they got to regionals. 2 and out. Good coach?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Re: Region 3 09

Postby Souixfan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:44 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
NDBaseball17 wrote:i would say
1.DP
2.NR
3.Harvey
4.Lakota
5.Carrington
6.Midkota

Carrington will finish in the top 3. Not a doubt in my mind. They only loose Simonson and Lura. They return Dusty Lyman, Dillon Hewitt, Cameron Roundy, Tanner Hewitt, the Bahm Brothers, and Franchuk. All starters from last years team. Lyman is the best pitcher on their team, and he never threw a game during high school. He ended up pitching during legion and probably was one of their top pitchers. Hewitt is an all around good player. They return almost everybody. The thing I know they lack, they arent a great hitting team and dont have a good coach. I know he received Coach of the Year last year, they were the 3 seed, but look what happen when they got to regionals. 2 and out. Good coach?[/quote

I think that carrington will be in the top 4 but idk. what about midkota, why last? i think they will upset some people this year. look what happened during the region tourney
Souixfan

Postby The Schwab » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 am

Midkota lost Sheldon Harding...that's why they will be last....even if he was returning they would still be picked last.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDBaseball17 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:02 pm

Ya thats why Sheldon was there only great player (good pitcher)
n i got a newer one
1. DP
2. NR
3. Lakota
4. Carrington
5. Harvey
6. Midkota

Maybe mix 2 - 4 around a little bit but goin into the tourny this could be close to what the rankings will be
NDBaseball17

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:29 pm

NDBaseball17 wrote:Ya thats why Sheldon was there only great player (good pitcher)
n i got a newer one
1. DP
2. NR
3. Lakota
4. Carrington
5. Harvey
6. Midkota

Maybe mix 2 - 4 around a little bit but goin into the tourny this could be close to what the rankings will be

Dakota Prairie has six returning starters from the 2nd place team in state roster. Plus 2 starters that were kicked off before the regionals. That leaves them with 8 out of 9 starters returning. Luehring, Lamb, and Ham will carry the rotation. Ham, is a sleeper, he beat Central Valley-Hillsboro last year during the regular season. He was DP's 4 pitcher last year and beat a team that placed high in state. They should be tough again. Plus they have 1 of the best coaches in region. Between Magner and Christianson there isnt a coach that understand baseball better in the region.

I am telling ya right now that Carrington will finish ahead of Lakota. Lakota lost everyone except Aronson, Wilkonson, and Kuchar. Carrington returns everybody except 2 players. Simonson hurts, but Lura doesn't hurt. Lakota, Midkota, and Harvey will battle for the 4 seed.

Carrington plays good defense. They are streaky at the plate. But they return to much not be in the top 3. I predict a 2 seed.

NR looses they power in their order. Kolstad and Michael Allmaras are both gone. Along with team leader in Cody Berg. That takes their 3 best players away from their team. 3 best pitchers are gone. They return one decent pitcher in Marc Guler. Other then that their arms will be inexperienced and their line up will have not to much power at all. Plus defensively they are average at best.

Harvey and Midkota will finish in the bottom 2. There is no way that one pitcher for Midkota is going to do the job all year to get them into the top 4. Nic Harding is good, but hes not going to get them into that 6 win range to get them into the top. He probably will make them win 3 to 4 wins.

Harvey will struggle. They have weak arms returning, no power, and struggle defensively.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDBaseball17 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:07 pm

I guess carrington does have a good def. but its when their offence will come around.. and with NR that got Marc Guler Evan Guler Shane Stafford Stephen Guler all pitchers that can handle it... Ya they did lose Bergs arm and Allmaras and Brandon but 3 guys that they have guys to take those spots. Myhre is goin to have to step up and be the leader on the team cuz they had no leadership last year. So ill give carrington number 2 but don't count NR out of it cuz they will be a team bring young guys into the game..
NDBaseball17

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 pm

NDBaseball17 wrote:I guess carrington does have a good def. but its when their offence will come around.. and with NR that got Marc Guler Evan Guler Shane Stafford Stephen Guler all pitchers that can handle it... Ya they did lose Bergs arm and Allmaras and Brandon but 3 guys that they have guys to take those spots. Myhre is goin to have to step up and be the leader on the team cuz they had no leadership last year. So ill give carrington number 2 but don't count NR out of it cuz they will be a team bring young guys into the game..

Whose going to take their spots?
Allmaras 1B, C, P, or 3B
Kolstad Ace Pitcher and C
Berg- Team leader, number 2 pitcher, SS, LF
Also lost 2nd basemen Backer and part time 3rd baseman Shawn Stafford

You have Brett Allmaras in the OF, Evan Guler at SS, Myhre will catch? or play 3rd? Marc Guler and Shane Stafford will rotate at 1b and Pitcher. Then who else is there? Stephon Guler OF. Still need an OF, 2nd, C, 3rd baseman.

I wouldnt say that any of them pitchers are outstanding my any means. They are pretty decent. Marc Guler being the best. Stephen is around the strike zone, but I have seen him get hit pretty hard in babe ruth.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDBaseball17 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:24 pm

NR will have spots to fill it will look something like this for first game

C- Myhre
P- Marc Guler
1B- Stafford
2B- Dauenhauer - Def. wise just a good as backer
3B- Wyatt Allmaras - look good in a legion game vs. Harvey
SS- Evan Guler
LF- Stephen Guler
CF- Brett Allmaras
RF- Erman/Haley - Erman is a Sr. so he will start but mason haley could start a few games.

Bench
Mason Haley/Matt Erman
Cobey Allmaras

They will lack number of players a couple keys to the season Brett Allmaras stays healthy and bottom of the batting order needs to come through. They cant have the first 4 guys be the only offensive threat.
NDBaseball17

Postby psycho » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:41 pm

DP has the best talent returning by far. As far as having 8/9 starters returning, that is a little misleading as Nichols/Severson have carried DP baseball on their backs the last 3 years and Frederick was also pretty good. Did anyone besides those two pitch any innings in the regional or state last year? Carrington could give them a run for their money as they do return quite a few players and without Nichols/Severson leading the way batting, DP could struggle in that department. The rest of the region will be up and down on any given night as pitching/defense for any of the other teams will be a concern. Lakota might win some games on tradition if they can fill in spots and continue to create runs on the basepaths. Midkota will also be there at the end as they have some younger hitters that will help them.
pakkyzoo wrote:
NDBaseball17 wrote:Ya thats why Sheldon was there only great player (good pitcher)
n i got a newer one
1. DP
2. NR
3. Lakota
4. Carrington
5. Harvey
6. Midkota

Dakota Prairie has six returning starters from the 2nd place team in state roster. Plus 2 starters that were kicked off before the regionals. That leaves them with 8 out of 9 starters returning. Luehring, Lamb, and Ham will carry the rotation. Ham, is a sleeper, he beat Central Valley-Hillsboro last year during the regular season. He was DP's 4 pitcher last year and beat a team that placed high in state. They should be tough again. Plus they have 1 of the best coaches in region. Between Magner and Christianson there isnt a coach that understand baseball better in the region.

I am telling ya right now that Carrington will finish ahead of Lakota. Lakota lost everyone except Aronson, Wilkonson, and Kuchar. Carrington returns everybody except 2 players. Simonson hurts, but Lura doesn't hurt. Lakota, Midkota, and Harvey will battle for the 4 seed.

Carrington plays good defense. They are streaky at the plate. But they return to much not be in the top 3. I predict a 2 seed.

NR looses they power in their order. Kolstad and Michael Allmaras are both gone. Along with team leader in Cody Berg. That takes their 3 best players away from their team. 3 best pitchers are gone. They return one decent pitcher in Marc Guler. Other then that their arms will be inexperienced and their line up will have not to much power at all. Plus defensively they are average at best.

Harvey and Midkota will finish in the bottom 2. There is no way that one pitcher for Midkota is going to do the job all year to get them into the top 4. Nic Harding is good, but hes not going to get them into that 6 win range to get them into the top. He probably will make them win 3 to 4 wins.

Harvey will struggle. They have weak arms returning, no power, and struggle defensively.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby peanut butter » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:43 am

I predict Carrington a one or two seed come tourney time
peanut butter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:19 am

psycho wrote:DP has the best talent returning by far. As far as having 8/9 starters returning, that is a little misleading as Nichols/Severson have carried DP baseball on their backs the last 3 years and Frederick was also pretty good. Did anyone besides those two pitch any innings in the regional or state last year? Carrington could give them a run for their money as they do return quite a few players and without Nichols/Severson leading the way batting, DP could struggle in that department. The rest of the region will be up and down on any given night as pitching/defense for any of the other teams will be a concern. Lakota might win some games on tradition if they can fill in spots and continue to create runs on the basepaths. Midkota will also be there at the end as they have some younger hitters that will help them.
[/quote]

Ya it might be misleading that they have 8 out of 9 starters returning but the fact is they do.
Alex Vasicheck has started 3 years at first base, he was booted for a training violation before the state tourney. He is back.
Kyle Lamb has started at 3rd base for 2 years, he was booted for a training violation before the state tourney. He is back.
Braydon Gourneau, who was the starting DH for 2 years and 4 hitter for Alex Herman, moved to 3rd base after Lamb was kicked off.
Brody Morken who was a part time starter for 3 years in the outfield moved to 1st base when Vasicheck was booted.

Not to mention, Morken, Vasicheck and Lamb were all starters on their Legion team that was the 1 seed in their section.

Luehring was their number 2 pitcher all year when Severson was out with his elbow injury. He had a record of 6-2. Lamb and Ham are both very solid too. Lamb throws harder then Ham, but Ham mixes his offspeed in well and has great location. Like I said he was DP's 4 last year and beat Central Valley who placed high in state.

Not to mention these boys have had success at every level. Every starter on the team has played in a babe ruth state tourney, high school state tourney, and some have played in the legion state tourney.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Souixfan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:25 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
n i got a newer one
1. DP
2. NR
3. Lakota
4. Carrington
5. Harvey
6. Midkota

Nic Harding isnt their only good picther. Jeff baumen (sp) is very good too, plus some young arms coming up through the ranks will help them. They wont be bottom 2
Souixfan

Postby bigrigg » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:59 am

whos Jeff Baumen
bigrigg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigg » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:22 am

jeff baumen is a kid who got ripped by nrs last year he dont throw hard idk hes got an ok curveball but if u get on his fastball hes meat but idk heres my order
1. DP returns almost everyone
2. NRS- they lost a few kolstad and allmaras cos berg didnt impress me he showed way to much emotion and wasnt very good offensivly hes replaceable
3. Carringotn- THey return alot of people in hewitt lyman the bahms roundy and tanner hewitt
4. Harvery- They return there top two pitchers in roehrich and goldade so they will be alright
5. Midkota- They got young talent and a great coach nic harding will carry them to enough wins for 5th
6. Lakota- They just lost way too much from last years team there top 4 in the ord are gone and top 3 pitchers are gone they wilkinson but he isnt that great at pitching plays ok d and hits okay and arronson dont impress me a lot otherwise cant see them doing much in the region
bigg
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:30 pm

bigg wrote:jeff baumen is a kid who got ripped by nrs last year he dont throw hard idk hes got an ok curveball but if u get on his fastball hes meat but idk heres my order
1. DP returns almost everyone
2. NRS- they lost a few kolstad and allmaras cos berg didnt impress me he showed way to much emotion and wasnt very good offensivly hes replaceable
3. Carringotn- THey return alot of people in hewitt lyman the bahms roundy and tanner hewitt
4. Harvery- They return there top two pitchers in roehrich and goldade so they will be alright
5. Midkota- They got young talent and a great coach nic harding will carry them to enough wins for 5th
6. Lakota- They just lost way too much from last years team there top 4 in the ord are gone and top 3 pitchers are gone they wilkinson but he isnt that great at pitching plays ok d and hits okay and arronson dont impress me a lot otherwise cant see them doing much in the region

he didnt get ripped until the late innings and that is when their coach should have took him out plus midkota had a ton of errors which was their story all year
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class B