Top Pitchers for HS 08-09

Re: Top Pitchers for HS 08-09

Postby Chester09 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:01 pm

bigg wrote:shane stafford from nrs will be tough to beat he throws decently hard and is a lefty has a great curveball and also can throw a mean backdl door slider from i seen from him last year has a knuckleball that if you dont expect it will fool you but gets ripped if u know its comming last year his catcher told me it was comming and i ripped it but hes also got a change up that can fool you hes a stud all around plays a great first base too prolly the best hitter too without a doubt

Shane Stafford is nothing special. I played against him this past summer and it wasnt pretty. Bryan Krahler hit 2 home runs, Goldade hit 2 triples(1 turned into an inside the park) and every one else on the team was ripping it off of him. He's a decent lefty who can throw strikes when needed, but thats about it. Nothing special there
Chester09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby luckyinlife » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:34 pm

After watching Beau Sinner pitch two games at state Legion last summer, I would say he will be the best pitcher in the state this year. 3 reason. . . 1)location, 2) location, and 3) location. He keeps the ball at the knees consistently and know one could hit him. The other thing he does with his consistency is get a little lower strike zone. So he picks up a lot of K's on low pitches just out of the strike zone.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballin_44 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 am

select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
baseball05 wrote:yea dana pollman.................

Oh my bad now I feel stupid haha

That dana pollman kid also graduated two years ago....one kid to watch is Garrett Wible from velva...i saw him pitch a few times this summer and he has great command and location. He had some key victories for velva this summer

Well I'm 100% sure Dana Pollman played legion this summer. Could be that he graduated two years ago though I wouldn't really know.
Garrett Wible didn't impressive me too much. Not trying to put the kid down but I think the reason he did well in the key victories he had is because he pitches slower than legion kids are used to seeing. It screws people up.

Yah..but it can't screw people up that bad..i mean yah for the first couple innings or the first at bat..but eventually they should be able to time him. I have seen the kid pitch and he doesn't throw that bad..just needs to use his legs more..thats all

no garrett wibble isnt good enough to be in this forum... as far as i see it he will always be in trenton bruner's shadow... really the only time i have seen him play is when he comes in for trenton's relief after they are so far ahead.
ballin_44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mtbaseball88 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:33 pm

ballin_44 wrote:
select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

That dana pollman kid also graduated two years ago....one kid to watch is Garrett Wible from velva...i saw him pitch a few times this summer and he has great command and location. He had some key victories for velva this summer

Well I'm 100% sure Dana Pollman played legion this summer. Could be that he graduated two years ago though I wouldn't really know.
Garrett Wible didn't impressive me too much. Not trying to put the kid down but I think the reason he did well in the key victories he had is because he pitches slower than legion kids are used to seeing. It screws people up.

Yah..but it can't screw people up that bad..i mean yah for the first couple innings or the first at bat..but eventually they should be able to time him. I have seen the kid pitch and he doesn't throw that bad..just needs to use his legs more..thats all

no garrett wibble isnt good enough to be in this forum... as far as i see it he will always be in trenton bruner's shadow... really the only time i have seen him play is when he comes in for trenton's relief after they are so far ahead.

i don't recall garrett wible ever coming in for trenton bruner? i saw garrett start like 2 or 3 games last summer??
mtbaseball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby select21 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:37 pm

ballin_44 wrote:
select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

well trenton bruner better be on this list tho...
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:53 pm

select21 wrote:
ballin_44 wrote:
select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

well trenton bruner better be on this list tho...
whys that Mr. Wible?
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:29 am

basebizzal wrote:
bigg wrote:shane stafford from nrs will be tough to beat he throws decently hard and is a lefty has a great curveball and also can throw a mean backdl door slider from i seen from him last year has a knuckleball that if you dont expect it will fool you but gets ripped if u know its comming last year his catcher told me it was comming and i ripped it but hes also got a change up that can fool you hes a stud all around plays a great first base too prolly the best hitter too without a doubt
absolutely not sir

absolutely not is absolutely correct
Last edited by NC_408 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:31 am

Chester09 wrote:

Shane Stafford is nothing special. I played against him this past summer and it wasnt pretty. Bryan Krahler hit 2 home runs, Goldade hit 2 triples(1 turned into an inside the park) and every one else on the team was ripping it off of him. He's a decent lefty who can throw strikes when needed, but thats about it. Nothing special there

Touche' well put i have witnessed a lot of people rip this kid i played against him numerous times. nothin special at all average if even that
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 am

luckyinlife wrote:After watching Beau Sinner pitch two games at state Legion last summer, I would say he will be the best pitcher in the state this year. 3 reason. . . 1)location, 2) location, and 3) location. He keeps the ball at the knees consistently and know one could hit him. The other thing he does with his consistency is get a little lower strike zone. So he picks up a lot of K's on low pitches just out of the strike zone.

I dunno about that any good hitter should be able to hit off of him i went 5-5 with 2 doubles a single and a solo jack off him last summer When we beat them in Casselton. Any player with knowledge and talent is gonna watch him and adjust to the low stuff. dont get me wrong he is a good pitcher but i dont think he will be the best in the state. And to be honest i dunno who will be top in the state
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby Twinzfan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:54 pm

luehring from dp has a pretty good arm.
Twinzfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NC_408 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 pm

Twinzfan wrote:luehring from dp has a pretty good arm.

I agree i really like the way this kid pitches on the hill
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby legionball4life » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:03 am

Top pitchers for region 2...
H/N-Tyler Bilden...hasnt lost a game pitching at home in his career.
Ryan pladson and spencer huus will be solid in the rotation after bilden.
Midway-Minto(I hear they are co-oped this year)- Michael Shutt...He threw 2 no-hitters this past summer in legion...He will be in the top 3 in K's this year and will be very tough to beat this year.
CV- They lost alot in olsen and the foreign exchange student they had last spring.
Thompson always seems to find a strong pitcher...I dont think this is their year to do much though. They are a young team, and will be a threat in the future without a doubt.
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:02 pm

NC_408 wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:After watching Beau Sinner pitch two games at state Legion last summer, I would say he will be the best pitcher in the state this year. 3 reason. . . 1)location, 2) location, and 3) location. He keeps the ball at the knees consistently and know one could hit him. The other thing he does with his consistency is get a little lower strike zone. So he picks up a lot of K's on low pitches just out of the strike zone.

I dunno about that any good hitter should be able to hit off of him i went 5-5 with 2 doubles a single and a solo jack off him last summer When we beat them in Casselton. Any player with knowledge and talent is gonna watch him and adjust to the low stuff. dont get me wrong he is a good pitcher but i dont think he will be the best in the state. And to be honest i dunno who will be top in the state

Sorry but i dont remember any body going 5 for 5 off of Beau last year in legion or high school ball, especially not with 2 doubles a single and a homer cuz first off that is 4 for 5 and I still don't believe it in the first place.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Another point on the Beau Sinner thing though is that I don't remember anybody getting more than three at bats in a game against Beau. He was that good. You must be thinking of a game against Schumacher or Swanson for Casselton.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby NC_408 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:54 am

gobison#6 wrote:
NC_408 wrote:

Sorry but i dont remember any body going 5 for 5 off of Beau last year in legion or high school ball, especially not with 2 doubles a single and a homer cuz first off that is 4 for 5 and I still don't believe it in the first place.

Sorry had a single in there too i was a triple shy of the cycle. Maybe it wasnt him i thought for sure it was but i could be wrong i only played legion ball in that section for 2 seasons so i still dont really know all the players on all the teams. I was pretty sure it was him but i could be wrong.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby yanksfan18 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:16 pm

legionball4life wrote:Top pitchers for region 2...
H/N-Tyler Bilden...hasnt lost a game pitching at home in his career.
Ryan pladson and spencer huus will be solid in the rotation after bilden.
Midway-Minto(I hear they are co-oped this year)- Michael Shutt...He threw 2 no-hitters this past summer in legion...He will be in the top 3 in K's this year and will be very tough to beat this year.
CV- They lost alot in olsen and the foreign exchange student they had last spring.
Thompson always seems to find a strong pitcher...I dont think this is their year to do much though. They are a young team, and will be a threat in the future without a doubt.

I dont think HN will be pitching spencer huus that often this year, they don't have a good enough back up for behind the plate. Andrew Workin will for sure be the number two pitcher in the rotation. Ryan Pladson and Eric Dafforn will also be in there. Pladson probably the number three starter and number one relief, dafforn will be the four guy and 2 relief. CV did lose a lot in Olson and Schmidt, i dont really see them having very much pitching, horne will probably be their number one(not the best) because i hear that Meier is not going to be able to play this spring. don't quote me on this i only heard it somewhere.
yanksfan18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby legionball4life » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:33 pm

I talked to aaron meyer the other night and he said there is a good chance he will be playing by the second half of the season. He said he doesnt think he will be doing anything more then pitching though.
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Magifan11 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:02 pm

tyler burnett out of trinity
Magifan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bcsportsfan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:12 am

Your right about sinner, he's a good pitcher, but I dont think he'll be as dominant as last year. It was the first time people saw him, and he does not have virtually any velocity, just spots his ball well. Any good hitter will pick up on it and get hits off him this year. Also, why isn everyone forgetting about sam tweten and alex martinez? They combined to pitch a no hitter in the consolation game at state. Tweten has probably one of the best deuces in the game while martinez can spot with throwing the ball at decent speed. Look out for colby aasand having a few good starts too.
Last edited by bcsportsfan on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcsportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:01 pm

I think Sinner will still be good because the reason he does so well is the way he delivers and spots the ball. Ok so he doesn't have the best velocity he can spot his pitches well and he is so long and lanky when he pitches the ball that it gives the batter a little more challenge on trying to pick up the pitch. I agree he probably won't be as dominant but its not becaues of lack of velocity it is probably because of his eye which even though it still isn't probably 100% I think he has adjusted.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:47 pm

Gage Dunn????
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby cass8 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:14 am

NC_408 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
NC_408 wrote:

Sorry had a single in there too i was a triple shy of the cycle. Maybe it wasnt him i thought for sure it was but i could be wrong i only played legion ball in that section for 2 seasons so i still dont really know all the players on all the teams. I was pretty sure it was him but i could be wrong.

someone going 4 for 5 let alone 5 for 5 against beau sinner definitely never happened. the reason was so good in the legion state tourney was definitely his delivery. the ball just seems slow but it gets to the plate pretty quick. and its tough to pick up. if you see pictures of him his right knee usually touches the ground
cass8
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cubsfan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:26 pm

I would say that his velocity is above average for a high school kid and his aim is great and you and those together with perfect form=one of the best pitchers in the state.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bigrigg » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:48 am

NC_408 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
absolutely not sir

is shane stafford even nrs best pitcher???????
bigrigg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan10 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:05 pm

bigrigg wrote:
NC_408 wrote:
basebizzal wrote:
absolutely not sir

is shane stafford even nrs best pitcher???????

marc guler is pretty good
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Class B