Top Class B Legion Pitchers

Top Class B Legion Pitchers

Postby Walleye7 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:24 pm

Anyone know of any good pitchers in Class B Legion
Walleye7
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top Class B Legion Pitchers

Postby mrm » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:49 pm

Here are a couple of good young pitchers to watch for- Brady Schwan from Surrey will turn 16 next summer, and has already thrown many quality innings for Surrey. Ty Bruner from Velva will only be 15 next summer, and will be one of their best.

They may not be considered the ace of their teams because of their age, but both will be relied on heavily. They will be fun to watch over the next 4-5 years. Unfortunately, they will also have to face each other frequently.
mrm
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Walleye7 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:29 pm

mrm wrote:Here are a couple of good young pitchers to watch for- Brady Schwan from Surrey will turn 16 next summer, and has already thrown many quality innings for Surrey. Ty Bruner from Velva will only be 15 next summer, and will be one of their best.

They may not be considered the ace of their teams because of their age, but both will be relied on heavily. They will be fun to watch over the next 4-5 years. Unfortunately, they will also have to face each other frequently.

Icic
Walleye7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Along with Bruner, Velva also has another Bruner haha. An older Bruner who is pretty good. They also have Weidler who throws around 80 mph and is good when he has control.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 2b#3 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:16 pm

any pitcher is good as long as they have control and a defense. we had a pitcher who could only throw about 65-70 and he one hit the second best team in our section because he was hitting spots
2b#3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basebizzal » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:46 pm

2b#3 wrote:any pitcher is good as long as they have control and a defense. we had a pitcher who could only throw about 65-70 and he one hit the second best team in our section because he was hitting spots
who was the pitcher and the team?
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby 2b#3 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 am

the pitcher was luke senske for beulah and he one hit washburn
2b#3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball_10 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:38 pm

I didnt see anything special out of Ty at state babe ruth I know they won and he got all of the credit but he really isint that great his fastball is maybe 65 and he has an inconsistant curve nothing special
mrm wrote:Here are a couple of good young pitchers to watch for- Brady Schwan from Surrey will turn 16 next summer, and has already thrown many quality innings for Surrey. Ty Bruner from Velva will only be 15 next summer, and will be one of their best.

baseball_10

Postby thatguy422 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:23 pm

baseball_10 wrote:I didnt see anything special out of Ty at state babe ruth I know they won and he got all of the credit but he really isint that great his fastball is maybe 65 and he has an inconsistant curve nothing special

Actually I saw him get clocked at 73. And I don't know what you are talking about an inconsistent curveball, I've batted against him a good 15 times in the past season with high school ball, legion ball, and babe ruth. It consistently broke on me.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mrm » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:40 pm

baseball_10 wrote:I didnt see anything special out of Ty at state babe ruth I know they won and he got all of the credit but he really isint that great his fastball is maybe 65 and he has an inconsistant curve nothing special

I am not a Velva fan, and I was as shocked as anyone that they were able to win the State Babe Ruth Tournament. They were not even favored to win their district. Surrey and Watford City would both like to replay the district, as neither played well. But give Velva credit, they played excellent team ball and must have carried that through the state tournament. I don't remember the scores at state, but I do remember that their games were all low scores. That tells you their pitchers were very effective. Put 5-6 runs on the board against Velva and you would win. They were not a great offensive team.

I also saw Ty throw at the Metrodome this summer for the Velva legion team. His fastball was consistently between 70-73. Curveball was about 65. He also pitched a sectional game during legion. He took the loss, but they had 6-7 errors. The winning run scored when the right fielder misplayed a lazy fly ball that should have been the third out.

For a 14 year old kid, he has pitched in many big games in babe ruth, high school and legion already. He pitches like his brothers Trenton and Travis. They don't overwhelm you with their fatsball, but are smart pitchers that hit their spots and work their curveballs effectively. If his curveball was inconsistent when you watched him, he was having a bad day. I have watched him pitch several times and he always has command if his curve.

His brother Trenton needs to be mentioned in this thread, too, as he will be Velva's ace for high school and legion ball.
mrm
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Football 13 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:57 pm

mrm wrote:

I am not a Velva fan, and I was as shocked as anyone that they were able to win the State Babe Ruth Tournament. They were not even favored to win their district. Surrey and Watford City would both like to replay the district, as neither played well. But give Velva credit, they played excellent team ball and must have carried that through the state tournament. I don't remember the scores at state, but I do remember that their games were all low scores. That tells you their pitchers were very effective. Put 5-6 runs on the board against Velva and you would win. They were not a great offensive team.

I also saw Ty throw at the Metrodome this summer for the Velva legion team. His fastball was consistently between 70-73. Curveball was about 65. He also pitched a sectional game during legion. He took the loss, but they had 6-7 errors. The winning run scored when the right fielder misplayed a lazy fly ball that should have been the third out.

For a 14 year old kid, he has pitched in many big games in babe ruth, high school and legion already. He pitches like his brothers Trenton and Travis. They don't overwhelm you with their fatsball, but are smart pitchers that hit their spots and work their curveballs effectively. If his curveball was inconsistent when you watched him, he was having a bad day. I have watched him pitch several times and he always has command if his curve.

His brother Trenton needs to be mentioned in this thread, too, as he will be Velva's ace for high school and legion ball.

Andy Erickson is definetely the best pitcher in the state he is most likely going pro.
Football 13

Postby thatguy422 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Football 13 wrote:
mrm wrote:

Andy Erickson is definetely the best pitcher in the state he is most likely going pro.

....Is that the kid from Bottineau? If so, you have no idea what you are talking about.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uconn_8 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:18 am

Andy Erickson? Really... He would be lucky to make it at a DAC school. He's a decent pitcher but lacks size.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby uconn_8 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:22 am

He threw a gem as a 14 year-old in a legion sectional tournament. I'm sure he didn't do it with one pitch...How many 14 year-old's have you even seen start a tournament game?
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:32 am

uconn_8 wrote:Andy Erickson? Really... He would be lucky to make it at a DAC school. He's a decent pitcher but lacks size.
ya dont worry that football 13 guy is just trying to talk up every bottineau player he gets the chance to...u can see it in other posts hes had
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby nomad » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:52 am

Andy Erickson wasn't even the 4th or 5th best pitcher in the region. He should not even be mentioned in this post.
nomad

Postby Bison17 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:25 am

2b#3 wrote:any pitcher is good as long as they have control and a defense. we had a pitcher who could only throw about 65-70 and he one hit the second best team in our section because he was hitting spots

ya if your playing a bad team who can't hit the ball
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Postby uconn_8 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:14 pm

Bison17 wrote:

ya if your playing a bad team who can't hit the ball

Agree
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby select21 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:49 pm

Andy Erickson is probably the biggest joke of a pitcher you'll ever see
Last edited by select21 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:01 pm

select21 wrote:There was one kid that pitched against the metros and beat them 4-2 from velva but i can't remember his name. I think that kid could possibly be good if he just gets help on throwing a little harder......

That's Ty Bruner.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby select21 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:35 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
select21 wrote:There was one kid that pitched against the metros and beat them 4-2 from velva but i can't remember his name. I think that kid could possibly be good if he just gets help on throwing a little harder......

That's Ty Bruner.

Ya Ty Bruner is pretty good
Last edited by select21 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:51 pm

select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

That's Ty Bruner.

No that was Garrett Wible. He pitched and beat them twice in legion. Once during Sectionals. He had pretty good control but i agree with you that he just needs to throw a little harder...

Actually, you kinda just agreed with yourself, since you quoted yourself haha. I thought you were talking about Ty because of sectionals, but ya Garrett won 2 games against them.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby select21 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:22 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
select21 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

That's Ty Bruner.

No that was Garrett Wible. He pitched and beat them twice in legion. Once during Sectionals. He had pretty good control but i agree with you that he just needs to throw a little harder...

Actually, you kinda just agreed with yourself, since you quoted yourself haha. I thought you were talking about Ty because of sectionals, but ya Garrett won 2 games against them.

Yah i had found that out pretty much immediately after i posted that.. sorry haha
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Any of Casselton's top guys would qualify as a top pitcher. Just ask any team that played them last year.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 2b#3 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:05 pm

yeah cassleton had some good pitchers... i don't think anyone scored more than 3 runs in a game against them at state
2b#3
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Class B