High School Baseball 2009

Re: High School Baseball 2009

Postby baseball4life » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:36 pm

greatest wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
greatest wrote:Well baseball4life, if u want to talk about returning players, look at both NSPPB(Berthold) and Kenmare. The NSPPB team return every single player except 2. One of which was very talented and the other was horrible and actually hurt the team. So they lost 1 contributor. Kenmare only lost 1 or 2 players but both were contributors to the team that got 2nd in regionals and 2nd in the regular season. Personally i like NSPPB to win this region over Kenmare .

Their returners arent that good... NSPPB won't even challenge kenmare or Bishop Ryan. They got Ten Runned in every game agains Ryan last year... Another question.Who is going to pitch for either team... NSPPB lost their only half ways decent pitcher in geisen... Kenmare lost their only Half-ways decent pitcher in Peterson... Ryan will be the top team untill somebody beats them... And that probably won't be easy looking at the talent from either of these teams... How did any remaining pitchers for either of these teams fair against Ryan last year? You make me chuckle!

Both teams return everyone except 2 - teams that got 2nd (Kenmare) and 3rd (NSPPB) in regionals. And ya both teams did get 10 runned by Ryan .. last year.. when Ryan won it all for the second straight year, Ryan 10 runned everyone up until the state tourney. The reason they won it all twice is because they returned everyone from the first year's championship team, just like Kenamre and NSPPB will do - return everyone.

But there is a big difference between the two scenario's... Bishop Ryan returned alot from very talented teams, while kenmare and NSPPB havent proven anything...

And to clarify, Magnuson is going to be back this week for the lions in their game agains Bowman. Returning pitchers are Magnuson, Petz, Himmerick, Kramer. If there is going to be struggles on the lions team this year, i see it coming from their pitching staff in the beginning of the season, just because of the lack of the experience...

And another clarification, just because i am saying all of this about Ryan, doesnt mean that i think that it will be the easy road (so to speak) that they have had in the past... i am just saying that they return alot of talent that alot of people don't really know about, and the young talent is going to suprise people... Ultimately here is the reason why i am picking them... They have a good tradition there and the people this year are expecting nothing less then another region title.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:47 pm

baseball4life wrote:
greatest wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
greatest wrote:Well baseball4life, if u want to talk about returning players, look at both NSPPB(Berthold) and Kenmare. The NSPPB team return every single player except 2. One of which was very talented and the other was horrible and actually hurt the team. So they lost 1 contributor. Kenmare only lost 1 or 2 players but both were contributors to the team that got 2nd in regionals and 2nd in the regular season. Personally i like NSPPB to win this region over Kenmare .

Their returners arent that good... NSPPB won't even challenge kenmare or Bishop Ryan. They got Ten Runned in every game agains Ryan last year... Another question.Who is going to pitch for either team... NSPPB lost their only half ways decent pitcher in geisen... Kenmare lost their only Half-ways decent pitcher in Peterson... Ryan will be the top team untill somebody beats them... And that probably won't be easy looking at the talent from either of these teams... How did any remaining pitchers for either of these teams fair against Ryan last year? You make me chuckle!

Both teams return everyone except 2 - teams that got 2nd (Kenmare) and 3rd (NSPPB) in regionals. And ya both teams did get 10 runned by Ryan .. last year.. when Ryan won it all for the second straight year, Ryan 10 runned everyone up until the state tourney. The reason they won it all twice is because they returned everyone from the first year's championship team, just like Kenamre and NSPPB will do - return everyone.

But there is a big difference between the two scenario's... Bishop Ryan returned alot from very talented teams, while kenmare and NSPPB havent proven anything...

And to clarify, Magnuson is going to be back this week for the lions in their game agains Bowman. Returning pitchers are Magnuson, Petz, Himmerick, Kramer. If there is going to be struggles on the lions team this year, i see it coming from their pitching staff in the beginning of the season, just because of the lack of the experience...

And another clarification, just because i am saying all of this about Ryan, doesnt mean that i think that it will be the easy road (so to speak) that they have had in the past... i am just saying that they return alot of talent that alot of people don't really know about, and the young talent is going to suprise people... Ultimately here is the reason why i am picking them... They have a good tradition there and the people this year are expecting nothing less then another region title.

magnuson and kramer pitched a lot for the metros this past summer didn't they? I haven't heard of the other two pitchers. And I would probably pick bishop ryan out of their region too, weak division so they will probably win it.

oh, and thanks for the info on magnuson, I've just been hearing a bunch of rumors about him.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BaseballForLife » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:57 pm

baseball4life wrote:
greatest wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

I too agree with baseball4life. I think when you look at this region, yes NSPPB is returning most of their players but not to bring them down but the players on that team just simply are not talented enough to contend with Bishop Ryan, who is a baseball rich school and typically has a good team every year. They bring up some good new players each year and will be more talented then people may think. And i think they will win this region with ease and NSPPB will probably finish 3rd like usual. I think if anyone were to contend with Ryan it would be Kenmare.
BaseballForLife

Postby baseball4life » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:05 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
greatest wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

magnuson and kramer pitched a lot for the metros this past summer didn't they? I haven't heard of the other two pitchers. And I would probably pick bishop ryan out of their region too, weak division so they will probably win it.

oh, and thanks for the info on magnuson, I've just been hearing a bunch of rumors about him.

Magnuson did, Kramer played with the Vistas. Himmerick played with the metros and saw quite a few innings if i remember right, and the reason you probably haven't heard of Petz is because he Couldn't play last year because of a Torn ACL that he suffered during basketball season. That is the thing that people don't really realize about BR. Petz was a very solid player his freshman year for the lions not only on the hill, but he hit EXTREMELY well for a freshman. i know that he has been working out, and he will be a player to watch for, for this year and next.
I have forgotten one returner for the lions. they return their first baseman from last year who played there when Allard pitched, meaning he played alot because Allard just ate up innings for the lions last year haha... the kids arm was rubber!
And i know what you mean with the rumors, the night he got hurt i heard stories that varied from a broken neck to something to do with his shoulder haha. so that is the story, and i really wouldn't expect him to play that many snaps tomorrow as he will be a huge key for the lions as they play Beulah next week.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:21 pm

baseball4life wrote:Magnuson did, Kramer played with the Vistas. Himmerick played with the metros and saw quite a few innings if i remember right, and the reason you probably haven't heard of Petz is because he Couldn't play last year because of a Torn ACL that he suffered during basketball season. That is the thing that people don't really realize about BR. Petz was a very solid player his freshman year for the lions not only on the hill, but he hit EXTREMELY well for a freshman. i know that he has been working out, and he will be a player to watch for, for this year and next.
I have forgotten one returner for the lions. they return their first baseman from last year who played there when Allard pitched, meaning he played alot because Allard just ate up innings for the lions last year haha... the kids arm was rubber!
And i know what you mean with the rumors, the night he got hurt i heard stories that varied from a broken neck to something to do with his shoulder haha. so that is the story, and i really wouldn't expect him to play that many snaps tomorrow as he will be a huge key for the lions as they play Beulah next week.

Kramer got innings for Senior babe ruth though didn't he? that's where I got confused, I'm in legion and we play the metros and minot's senior babe ruth team so I forget who is on which team and they pull down some vistas for metros and senior babe ruth so it ends up confusing me haha. What is Himmerick's first name? I might remember him if I hear it.

and ya I heard torn back ligaments and that he said he didn't want to ever play football again. obviously those rumors are wrong haha
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dukefan32 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:42 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
baseball4life wrote:Magnuson did, Kramer played with the Vistas. Himmerick played with the metros and saw quite a few innings if i remember right, and the reason you probably haven't heard of Petz is because he Couldn't play last year because of a Torn ACL that he suffered during basketball season. That is the thing that people don't really realize about BR. Petz was a very solid player his freshman year for the lions not only on the hill, but he hit EXTREMELY well for a freshman. i know that he has been working out, and he will be a player to watch for, for this year and next.

Kramer got innings for Senior babe ruth though didn't he? that's where I got confused, I'm in legion and we play the metros and minot's senior babe ruth team so I forget who is on which team and they pull down some vistas for metros and senior babe ruth so it ends up confusing me haha. What is Himmerick's first name? I might remember him if I hear it.

and ya I heard torn back ligaments and that he said he didn't want to ever play football again. obviously those rumors are wrong haha

His name is Daniel Himmerick.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:50 pm

dukefan32 wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:

His name is Daniel Himmerick.

thanks, I remember who he is now
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gator1o » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:49 pm

thatguy422 i am wondering where you get your information from?? you seem to know alot about what you are talking about. although some things you say are "rumors" that are wrong. i am jsut curious as to where you find this stuff out
gator1o
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:07 pm

gator1o wrote:thatguy422 i am wondering where you get your information from?? you seem to know alot about what you are talking about. although some things you say are "rumors" that are wrong. i am jsut curious as to where you find this stuff out

The rumor (which I knew was wrong which is why I asked what was actually happening with magnuson) I just heard around school. You hear some pretty stupid rumors at high schools haha. And which other information?
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:59 am

Maniaconthefloor wrote:
Maniaconthefloor wrote:Predictions: I know it is way early but I love baseball

Region 1-
Should be a close one again but I will go with Hope-Page this year. I was right last year. Two in a row in this region is tough to do though.

Region 2-
Thompson's reign ended last year. This year I am going with May-Port. Don't ask me why just a hunch. Could be way off with this one.

Region 3-
Dakota Prairie was right on last year. This year I could see an upset but I don't know who so I stick with the defenders.

Region 4-
Grafton-Langdon, Langdon-Grafton Who should I pick? Suami says Langdon.

Region 5-
easy one Munich

Region 6-
Velva in a cake walk again. Nobody seems to challenge them consistently.

Region 7-
Ryan Good year to lose all the talent. Don't see a true challenger.

Region 8-
Washburn in a cake walk.

No one has bashed any of my predictions yet. I must be right on. lol

In Region 4 I'm going with a sleeper in FLPR. Grafton lost a ton and only returns Martinez and Paulson and a top reserve in Tweeton. Langdon is without Chaput, and only has two above-average players in Zies and Schaffer. I think FLPR returns everyone from last year, and all the young players like Even Konig, Matt Samson and Beau Brunsvold will ready for big seasons
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:24 pm

baseball4life wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
greatest wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

Magnuson did, Kramer played with the Vistas. Himmerick played with the metros and saw quite a few innings if i remember right, and the reason you probably haven't heard of Petz is because he Couldn't play last year because of a Torn ACL that he suffered during basketball season. That is the thing that people don't really realize about BR. Petz was a very solid player his freshman year for the lions not only on the hill, but he hit EXTREMELY well for a freshman. i know that he has been working out, and he will be a player to watch for, for this year and next.

What do innings taste like? :D What are the nutritional values for eating them? :D
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby yanksfan18 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:15 pm

region 1-FSHP
Region 2-hatton/northwood
Region3-Dakota Prairie
Region 4-FLPR
Region5-Munich
Region 6- velva
Region7- Bishop Ryan
Region 8-washburn
yanksfan18
NDPreps Reserve

Postby select21 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:10 pm

I am going to have to go with Vevla out of region 6. They did not lose a single starter. Sure they lost 2 seniors but they never played. I see Munich and Velva to be 2 big powerhouses this year.
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby gator1o » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:24 pm

ok im not gunna lie. i played both kenmare and nsppb last year. not good at all. im just saying it straight up they were no good..i highly doubt they will prove anything because they just dont have the talent.
gator1o
NDPreps Starter

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:38 am

Why isn't anyone challenging REgion 1 pick FSHP? Casselton won state in Legion last year. Don't they have a pretty good roster returning for HS baseball?
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby select21 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Did Casselton lose anyone?
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:05 am

Some of Casselton's best Legion players weren't from Casselton. They are almost always better in the summer.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby select21 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:53 pm

yanksfan18 wrote:region 1-FSHP
Region 2-hatton/northwood
Region3-Dakota Prairie
Region 4-FLPR
Region5-Munich
Region 6- velva
Region7- Bishop Ryan
Region 8-washburn

Do you think steele is going to bow down to washburn? after going to the state tournament past few years?
select21
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Even though Central Cass had people not from Casselton on Casselton's state legion champ team they are still probably a team to beat in region 1. Central Cass, FSHP, Lamoure, and Enderlin should all be good teams in region 1.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Champs » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:36 pm

I think Thompson will be the team to beat. They have a chance at State.
They have Weber & Morgan returning.
Champs
NDPreps Rookie

Postby legionball4life » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Thompson doesnt stand a chance at going anywhere this year.
weber and morgan?
last time i checked it took more then 2 people to go to play state baseball...

Look at all the guys they lost...PITCHERS...HITTERS...
Marcus Bergstrom
Jake Cooly
Tyler Demoe
another good senior im forgetting about that wasin the infield..

Those 4 guys WERE tompsons team last year...Sorry to burst your bubble but look at hatton Northwood who lost only ben strand

Or Midway Minto, who have combined and only lost larson

Maybe mayville? I have never known much about them but they seem to play well together every year and pull off wins
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison#6 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:16 pm

Region 1 will be tough this year as you all have said or thought already. I believe that Lamoure and Central Cass will be top teams in the region along with FSHP. I know Lamoure lost more than Central Cass though. At least I believe so, somebody can correct me if I am wrong because I know that Central Cass only lost two starters from their High school team that was decent last year. Bench players from last year will step up and fill those spots. So my picks for the top four teams in Region 1 are as follows.
1. Central Cass
2. FSHP
3. Lamoure
4. Enderlin
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Champs » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Thompson has a great chance.
Don't count them out.
Great Coach!
Great Players!
Great YEAR!
Sure they lost some seniors, but there is a lot of great underclassmen that will step UP!
Champs
NDPreps Rookie

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:15 am

Maniaconthefloor wrote:Doesn't Washburn return almost everybody? I know Washburn always plays a tough schedule and think they will be better prepared come region tourney time.

Everybody except Blake Kaul.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby 09beckau » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:07 am

wow of course bishop ryan. ben kramer drops bombs!
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class B