High School Baseball 2009

High School Baseball 2009

Postby yanksfan18 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:22 pm

Throw out some names of some teams that have chances of making state next year; and individual players that will be big impacts on their teams.
yanksfan18
NDPreps Reserve

Re: High School Baseball 2009

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:07 am

Either Velva or Surrey will most likely go for their region. Surrey lost one kid their third basemen/four hitter.
Velva Only lost one or two kids also. i think only one but I'm not positive
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the freak » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Dakota Prairie out of region 3 has a good shot
the freak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballdude101 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:43 pm

wwcs will be good along with steele-dawson will be the top two teams in that one, shiloh will compete this year tho
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:18 am

WWCS Mitch Wachendorf, Jeffery Rasmussen, Charlie Retterath, and Cody Durkee should lead this team pretty far.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:33 pm

I think the top two teams for the 09 season will be Velva-Drake and Munich-S-C. Both return almost their entire batting orders and top pitchers.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:24 am

Predictions: I know it is way early but I love baseball

Region 1-
Should be a close one again but I will go with Hope-Page this year. I was right last year. Two in a row in this region is tough to do though.

Region 2-
Thompson's reign ended last year. This year I am going with May-Port. Don't ask me why just a hunch. Could be way off with this one.

Region 3-
Dakota Prairie was right on last year. This year I could see an upset but I don't know who so I stick with the defenders.

Region 4-
Grafton-Langdon, Langdon-Grafton Who should I pick? Suami says Langdon.

Region 5-
easy one Munich

Region 6-
Velva in a cake walk again. Nobody seems to challenge them consistently.

Region 7-
Ryan Good year to lose all the talent. Don't see a true challenger.

Region 8-
Washburn in a cake walk.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Souixfan » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:03 am

Here are my rankings for region 3. feel free to argue.

1. DP
2.Midkota
3.Lakota
4.New Rockford
5.Carrington
6.Harvey
Souixfan

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:31 pm

Souixfan wrote:Here are my rankings for region 3. feel free to argue.

1. DP
2.Midkota
3.Lakota
4.New Rockford
5.Carrington
6.Harvey

No way Carrington will be that low they lost 2 people!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:Predictions: I know it is way early but I love baseball

Region 1-
Should be a close one again but I will go with Hope-Page this year. I was right last year. Two in a row in this region is tough to do though.

Region 2-
Thompson's reign ended last year. This year I am going with May-Port. Don't ask me why just a hunch. Could be way off with this one.

Region 3-
Dakota Prairie was right on last year. This year I could see an upset but I don't know who so I stick with the defenders.

Region 4-

Region 5-
easy one Munich

Region 6-

Region 7-

Region 8-
Washburn in a cake walk.

No one has bashed any of my predictions yet. I must be right on. lol
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby peanut butter » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:24 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
Souixfan wrote:Here are my rankings for region 3. feel free to argue.

1. DP
2.Midkota
3.Lakota
4.New Rockford
5.Carrington
6.Harvey

No way Carrington will be that low they lost 2 people!!

Who does Midkota have that they will be number 2
peanut butter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Souixfan » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:07 am

you probably are right about midkota they wont be that high but they did upset twice at the region 3 tourney.
Souixfan

Postby The Schwab » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:26 am

Souixfan wrote:you probably are right about midkota they wont be that high but they did upset twice at the region 3 tourney.

They lost their stud though in Sheldon Harding
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby mrm » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:

Region 6-

Since you asked for it :)

Velva should be one of the favorites for Region 6, but you obviously don't know the region if you think it will be a cakewalk! Surrey returns all but one starter. He was their best hitter, but a below average fielder. The Surrey kids that will be on the field are the same kids that went to the State Babe Ruth Tournament three years in a row, beating Velva in their district.

Expect a battle between Surrey and Velva. And don't forget about MLS, who also returns most of their starters from last year.
mrm
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:59 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:

Region 1-

Region 2-

Region 3-

Region 4-

Region 5-
easy one Munich

Region 6-

Region 7-

Region 8-
Washburn in a cake walk.

Steele has alot back from the team that went to state last year. Randall, Six, Miller, Gross I think would be enough to get them back. Its going to be a show down between the 2 again...just dont konw if i would call it a cake walk?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:11 am

Doesn't Washburn return almost everybody? I know Washburn always plays a tough schedule and think they will be better prepared come region tourney time.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDbballfan123 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:40 pm

i think new rockford has a decent chance to come out of region 4 this year...marc guler,lefty, will be a top pitcher in the region
NDbballfan123
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:18 pm

mrm wrote:
Maniaconthefloor wrote:

Region 6-

Since you asked for it :)

Velva should be one of the favorites for Region 6, but you obviously don't know the region if you think it will be a cakewalk! Surrey returns all but one starter. He was their best hitter, but a below average fielder. The Surrey kids that will be on the field are the same kids that went to the State Babe Ruth Tournament three years in a row, beating Velva in their district.

Expect a battle between Surrey and Velva. And don't forget about MLS, who also returns most of their starters from last year.

Agreed.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatest » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:14 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:

Region 1-

Region 2-

Region 3-

Region 4-

Region 5-
easy one Munich

Region 6-

Region 7-

Region 8-
Washburn in a cake walk.

I gotta bash that Region 7 prediction. No way Ryan beats out Berthold-NSPP or Kenmare. Just not going to happen.
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:08 am

greatest wrote:
Maniaconthefloor wrote:

Region 1-

Region 2-

Region 3-

Region 4-

Region 5-
easy one Munich

Region 6-

Region 7-

Region 8-
Washburn in a cake walk.

I gotta bash that Region 7 prediction. No way Ryan beats out Berthold-NSPP or Kenmare. Just not going to happen.

Untill somebody beats Bishop Ryan in the region... they are gonna be the top team. if you didnt know, they have TONS of outstanding young players in their program... and dont think they lost all of their talent last year... here is who they return... starting their shortstop from last year when Kallias pitched, two starting outfielders, starting catcher, and a kid named Kyle Petz coming back who was injured last year and would have been in the starting rotation and probably their DH... so Greatest just keep thinking that and your time will come.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Souixfan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:08 am

NDbballfan123 wrote:i think new rockford has a decent chance to come out of region 4 this year...marc guler,lefty, will be a top pitcher in the region

new rockford is in region 3. and i dont think they will they lost a couple people didn't they. Did they lose Kolstad? but i do predict and upset this year
Souixfan

Postby greatest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:17 am

Well baseball4life, if u want to talk about returning players, look at both NSPPB(Berthold) and Kenmare. The NSPPB team return every single player except 2. One of which was very talented and the other was horrible and actually hurt the team. So they lost 1 contributor. Kenmare only lost 1 or 2 players but both were contributors to the team that got 2nd in regionals and 2nd in the regular season. Personally i like NSPPB to win this region over Kenmare .
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:38 am

greatest wrote:Well baseball4life, if u want to talk about returning players, look at both NSPPB(Berthold) and Kenmare. The NSPPB team return every single player except 2. One of which was very talented and the other was horrible and actually hurt the team. So they lost 1 contributor. Kenmare only lost 1 or 2 players but both were contributors to the team that got 2nd in regionals and 2nd in the regular season. Personally i like NSPPB to win this region over Kenmare .

Their returners arent that good... NSPPB won't even challenge kenmare or Bishop Ryan. They got Ten Runned in every game agains Ryan last year... Another question.Who is going to pitch for either team... NSPPB lost their only half ways decent pitcher in geisen... Kenmare lost their only Half-ways decent pitcher in Peterson... Ryan will be the top team untill somebody beats them... And that probably won't be easy looking at the talent from either of these teams... How did any remaining pitchers for either of these teams fair against Ryan last year? You make me chuckle!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:45 pm

baseball4life wrote:
greatest wrote:Well baseball4life, if u want to talk about returning players, look at both NSPPB(Berthold) and Kenmare. The NSPPB team return every single player except 2. One of which was very talented and the other was horrible and actually hurt the team. So they lost 1 contributor. Kenmare only lost 1 or 2 players but both were contributors to the team that got 2nd in regionals and 2nd in the regular season. Personally i like NSPPB to win this region over Kenmare .

Their returners arent that good... NSPPB won't even challenge kenmare or Bishop Ryan. They got Ten Runned in every game agains Ryan last year... Another question.Who is going to pitch for either team... NSPPB lost their only half ways decent pitcher in geisen... Kenmare lost their only Half-ways decent pitcher in Peterson... Ryan will be the top team untill somebody beats them... And that probably won't be easy looking at the talent from either of these teams... How did any remaining pitchers for either of these teams fair against Ryan last year? You make me chuckle!

Both teams return everyone except 2 - teams that got 2nd (Kenmare) and 3rd (NSPPB) in regionals. And ya both teams did get 10 runned by Ryan .. last year.. when Ryan won it all for the second straight year, Ryan 10 runned everyone up until the state tourney. The reason they won it all twice is because they returned everyone from the first year's championship team, just like Kenamre and NSPPB will do - return everyone.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:16 pm

greatest wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

Both teams return everyone except 2 - teams that got 2nd (Kenmare) and 3rd (NSPPB) in regionals. And ya both teams did get 10 runned by Ryan .. last year.. when Ryan won it all for the second straight year, Ryan 10 runned everyone up until the state tourney. The reason they won it all twice is because they returned everyone from the first year's championship team, just like Kenamre and NSPPB will do - return everyone.

I, personally, don't see whoever wins that region going very far at state. Buuuut, that's just me, anyways, who does bishop ryan have for pitchers this year? just wondering. How long is magnuson out from that football injury?
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class B