High School Baseball 2009

Re: High School Baseball 2009

Postby basebizzal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:09 am

09beckau wrote:wow of course bishop ryan. ben kramer drops bombs!
random?
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:23 pm

09beckau wrote:wow of course bishop ryan. ben kramer drops bombs!

It is because of posts like this that people dislike Bishop Ryan more and more every year!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bcsportsfan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:24 am

Maniaconthefloor wrote:
Maniaconthefloor wrote:Predictions: I know it is way early but I love baseball

Region 1-
Should be a close one again but I will go with Hope-Page this year. I was right last year. Two in a row in this region is tough to do though.

Region 2-
Thompson's reign ended last year. This year I am going with May-Port. Don't ask me why just a hunch. Could be way off with this one.

Region 3-
Dakota Prairie was right on last year. This year I could see an upset but I don't know who so I stick with the defenders.

Region 4-
Grafton-Langdon, Langdon-Grafton Who should I pick? Suami says Langdon.

Region 5-
easy one Munich

Region 6-
Velva in a cake walk again. Nobody seems to challenge them consistently.

Region 7-
Ryan Good year to lose all the talent. Don't see a true challenger.

Region 8-
Washburn in a cake walk.

No one has bashed any of my predictions yet. I must be right on. lol

Who does Langdon even have this year for Region 4? Grafton has got martinez, paulson, tweten, and aasand. All four of them expect paulson can pitch too. I just don't see langdon coming out with the championship after losing sheppe.
bcsportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby legionball4life » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Langdon doesnt have much this year after losing the guys from last year.

Grafton has martinez and paulson...last time i checked it takes more then 2 guys to make it to state.
You guys are way overlooking Park River/Fordville. They didnt lose a single guy last year, but they do lack a SOLID ace pitcher. I think they will be the team to beat in this region because of their solid defense and the fire power at the plate.

I remember seeing a stat of theirs last year...8 errors all year...whether that is a fact or not...8 errors all year is VERY impressive!

FLPR takes region 4 this year to state.
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letsplay2 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:38 am

fordeville must have had a real long streak of errorless ball after the grafton series because their third baseman had 4 errors himself in the first game. As for their firepower at the the plate i think they were no hit twice as well. They will be better but playing adams four times a year helps your stats, whereas grafton plays minot ryan, devils lake, grand forks central, valley city, wahpeton and teams like that every year. You are intitled to your opinion but base it on facts instead of wishful thinking. Go Flyers
letsplay2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby spoilers23 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:50 am

legionball4life wrote:Langdon doesnt have much this year after losing the guys from last year.

Grafton has martinez and paulson...last time i checked it takes more then 2 guys to make it to state.
You guys are way overlooking Park River/Fordville. They didnt lose a single guy last year, but they do lack a SOLID ace pitcher. I think they will be the team to beat in this region because of their solid defense and the fire power at the plate.

I remember seeing a stat of theirs last year...8 errors all year...whether that is a fact or not...8 errors all year is VERY impressive!

I needed a good laugh to start my day. Thanks.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby basebizzal » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 pm

spoilers23 wrote:
legionball4life wrote:Langdon doesnt have much this year after losing the guys from last year.

whats funny
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsplay2 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:14 pm

The fact that a team that has never done anything in terms of wins and loses is drawing so much fan fair is funny. A team whose ace pitcher looked his coach in the eye last year and said no coach I can't beat cavalier. A team who boosted big numbers last year but finished fourth. A team with a new coach, who although maybe capable has yet to prove anything either. You people are setting them up for another collapse like basketball (park river) Leave the flyers alone, let them progress on their own. We will see where they sort out the end of may.
letsplay2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basebizzal » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:29 pm

letsplay2 wrote:The fact that a team that has never done anything in terms of wins and loses is drawing so much fan fair is funny. A team whose ace pitcher looked his coach in the eye last year and said no coach I can't beat cavalier. A team who boosted big numbers last year but finished fourth. A team with a new coach, who although maybe capable has yet to prove anything either. You people are setting them up for another collapse like basketball (park river) Leave the flyers alone, let them progress on their own. We will see where they sort out the end of may.
nobody is setting anyone up for collapse...legionball4life is just stating his opinion...
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:39 pm

I just see one guy saying they have a good chance. One guy. He's probably optimistic about his home town. Good for him, that's why they play the games.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:18 am

With the weather as it is, I wonder if all the games will get played. And if they have to scrunch them together how will it affect the pitching. A player will need some rest between starts.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:03 pm

jtdc492 wrote:With the weather as it is, I wonder if all the games will get played. And if they have to scrunch them together how will it affect the pitching. A player will need some rest between starts.

Going to be interesting for sure, pretty sure its gonna be weeks before fields are cleared. Unless things are better in the northern part of the state as I can only speak for the central and east.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby spoilers23 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:49 pm

basebizzal wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:

whats funny

Saying Grafton has two players, thinking FLPR made eight errors all year, and referring to their offense as having 'fire power.'
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby legionball4life » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Anthony-They lost so much with you and Jordan leaving. Seriously do you think Grafton will be anything near what they were last season?
legionball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spoilers23 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:15 pm

legionball4life wrote:Anthony-They lost so much with you and Jordan leaving. Seriously do you think Grafton will be anything near what they were last season?

Who are you? And why do you keep calling me out like I don't know anything about baseball?
I didn't say anything about them being the team they were last year. Take a look around the region. Is any team comparable to the team they were last year? WAIT. Before you say FLPR let's take a look at something. Yes, they lost one player from last year. But, what wins baseball games? PITCHING.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcsportsfan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:46 am

spoilers23 wrote:
legionball4life wrote:Anthony-They lost so much with you and Jordan leaving. Seriously do you think Grafton will be anything near what they were last season?

Who are you? And why do you keep calling me out like I don't know anything about baseball?
I didn't say anything about them being the team they were last year. Take a look around the region. Is any team comparable to the team they were last year? WAIT. Before you say FLPR let's take a look at something. Yes, they lost one player from last year. But, what wins baseball games? PITCHING.

With probably either Martinez or Tweten being the 1 and 2, and aasand rounding it out, grafton will come out on top. Grafton is not comparable to last year, but the whole region is down this year. FLPR, u talk about solid pitching? Who does that include? They did not have dominating pitcher at all? Is blatsky gonna be the main guy? If so then they might have a problem.
Last edited by bcsportsfan on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcsportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball007 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:47 pm

If FLPR only had 8 errors all last year, they might want to get a new stat girl. I think that might be the biggest joke I've heard all year. You would think a team that only commiteed 8 years all season long would have finished a little better than 4th in the leauge. Man, that's some comical stuff.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cass8 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:37 am

Tigger wrote:Some of Casselton's best Legion players weren't from Casselton. They are almost always better in the summer.

Frappier and Lunde were the only 2 not from casselton. they were the 2 and 3 hitters but wilcox hit well in the section and state. and could be their new 3 or 4 hitter. and granted frappier was the leader of their rotation. but sinner and rust are still studs
cass8
NDPreps Rookie

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:55 am

spoilers23 wrote:

Grafton will be the team to beat. They may have lost a few players but they had plenty of talent coming up. Dont forget that Grafton and Munich were the top two teams in the NE part of the state in Babe Ruth. Everyone has already said Munich will be good because of who they have back. This current group from Grafton went to State in Babe Ruth as well. They had great coaching at the Babe Ruth level. They know how to play the game right and play hard. Look for Todd Paulson to step up and make an impact this year at the plate and behind the dish. Grafton has the pitching depth needed to win the region.

As far as FLPR pitching wise they have Smestead, Koenig, and Solseng. Smestead had some very good outings last year and should be there #1. Koening and Solseng are only Juniors and should be improved.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby squatch » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:26 am

ill take thompson or grafton in region 2 this year
squatch
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Considering Grafton is not in region 2 then your guess would be Thompson. Basketball and baseball have different regions.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby jtdc492 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:52 pm

select21 wrote:
yanksfan18 wrote:region 1-FSHP
Region 2-hatton/northwood
Region3-Dakota Prairie
Region 4-FLPR
Region5-Munich
Region 6- velva
Region7- Bishop Ryan
Region 8-washburn

Do you think steele is going to bow down to washburn? after going to the state tournament past few years?

Washburn sweeps Steele today 2-1 and 10-1.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby SCOOTER_09 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:54 am

wat do u guys think of Rolette defeating Munich 2-1 on Friday
SCOOTER_09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:52 pm

SCOOTER_09 wrote:wat do u guys think of Rolette defeating Munich 2-1 on Friday

First game of the year. I am sure they will rebound from the loss. Rollete-Rolla has been there biggest challenger the last couple years and before that Rollete made it to state in 05 and 06 so they have a pretty good program.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby shooter01 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:06 pm

jtdc492 wrote:
select21 wrote:
yanksfan18 wrote:region 1-FSHP
Region 2-hatton/northwood
Region3-Dakota Prairie
Region 4-FLPR
Region5-Munich
Region 6- velva
Region7- Bishop Ryan
Region 8-washburn

Do you think steele is going to bow down to washburn? after going to the state tournament past few years?

Washburn sweeps Steele today 2-1 and 10-1.

I wouldn't count out Shiloh in this region, they are 8-0 as of tonight beating washburn both games
shooter01
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class B