Region Tournaments

Re: Region Tournaments

Postby LG5 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:45 pm

WarmBlooded wrote:Well when you throw as soft as pladson was, the pitches come in on an arc. so when the catcher catches it, it looks great, but when it crosses the the batter it is neck high, which is a ball. Love excuses.

I wasn't making an excuse. I was just saying the umps screwed them. And pladson wasn't even throwing soft. Almost every pitcher throws with an arc in high school baseball. Those were some pretty nice pitches though. Great job to pladson and all the Hatton-Northwood players, they did great
One man can't win a basketball game all my himself, but thats just because 4 other guys have to be on the court.
LG5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LG5 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:48 pm

baseball wrote:
WarmBlooded wrote:Well when you throw as soft as pladson was, the pitches come in on an arc. so when the catcher catches it, it looks great, but when it crosses the the batter it is neck high, which is a ball. Love excuses.

I laugh everytime i seea curveball get caught right over the middle of the plate belt high and the parents complaing about it not being a strike haha. if its caught belt high over hte middle of the plate its more than likely high and inside.....

I also agree with that. I love watching those parents, that don't even know what the pitchers throwing, complaining about things like that.
One man can't win a basketball game all my himself, but thats just because 4 other guys have to be on the court.
LG5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed May 21, 2008 2:01 pm

I wasn't making an excuse. I was just saying the umps screwed them. [/quote]

Wow, that's quite a contradiction!
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mod Bot » Wed May 21, 2008 2:12 pm

As a general rule, it is not a good idea to critisize umps. It is a tough job and no game is ever going to be 'perfect' from a fan's perspective. About the only way to remedy the situation is to figure out a way to apply to become a ref and then you can have a bit more control over the calls. I would suggest to anyone to become a ref. The state needs more and though it may seem as though they get a raw deal with criticism, I've heard the job can be very rewarding.
Forum rules - Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.
Mod Bot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:49 am

mod bot is at it again
toughregion2

Previous

Return to Class B