Region 3 Tournament

Region 3 Tournament

Postby peanut butter » Tue May 13, 2008 7:59 am

Anyone surprised by the seedings? 1. D.P. 2. Lakota 3. Carrington 4. N.R. 5. Harvey 6. Midkota

How do you think it will turn out?
peanut butter
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 3 Tournament

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:55 pm

I think Carrington has chance to upset this region, but i think it will be Dakota Prairie going to state
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mod Bot » Wed May 14, 2008 2:14 am

From the boxes I've seen Simonson (Simonsen?) is solid on the mound, but I don't really know how much they have for arms past him? Any input?

Because of that unknown factor, seems like Dakota Prairie or possibly Lakota would seem to be favored because they seem to have a bit more depth pitching-wise.
Forum rules - Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.
Mod Bot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:28 pm

Mod Bot wrote:From the boxes I've seen Simonson (Simonsen?) is solid on the mound, but I don't really know how much they have for arms past him? Any input?

Because of that unknown factor, seems like Dakota Prairie or possibly Lakota would seem to be favored because they seem to have a bit more depth pitching-wise.

That is true!! they have a couple other desent ones but not as good as simonsen
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu May 15, 2008 10:37 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
Mod Bot wrote:From the boxes I've seen Simonson (Simonsen?) is solid on the mound, but I don't really know how much they have for arms past him? Any input?

That is true!! they have a couple other desent ones but not as good as simonsen

Hewitt is pretty decent, but in a double elimination tournament you are going to need more then 2 pitchers. They should be able to save Simonsen for Lakota.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Hitter » Fri May 16, 2008 11:57 am

Teams get in trouble sometimes when they hold back their best pitcher in the first game. Teams need to make sure that they win their first game otherwise the tourney becomes almost impossible to win. However if a team can get through their first game with using their number two or even three pitcher it allows for them to have a better chance of winning that next game. So, if a team is willing to take the chance it is high risk high reward.
Big Hitter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Big Hitter wrote:Teams get in trouble sometimes when they hold back their best pitcher in the first game. Teams need to make sure that they win their first game otherwise the tourney becomes almost impossible to win. However if a team can get through their first game with using their number two or even three pitcher it allows for them to have a better chance of winning that next game. So, if a team is willing to take the chance it is high risk high reward.

yeah Carrington just got beat by a pretty decent pitcher today in region play in NR against Sheldon Harding Carrington couldn't get bats going for them lost 7-3 . Carrington beat them last time they played 21-2 Simonsen had to come in middle 5th inning to relieve Lura Carrington will play loser of Dakota Prairie New Rockford game Carringtons to Bahm boys didn't play 2 there better players so we will see how the tourney turns out
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mod Bot » Sun May 18, 2008 9:59 am

Rick Christianson's crew pulls back-to-back upsets at the Region 3 tournament, beating Carrington and Lakota. Does Midkota have a chance against Dakota Prairie or did the Mustangs just make it easier for the Knights to go to state?
Forum rules - Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.
Mod Bot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby web17 » Sun May 18, 2008 10:18 am

Mod Bot wrote:Rick Christianson's crew pulls back-to-back upsets at the Region 3 tournament, beating Carrington and Lakota. Does Midkota have a chance against Dakota Prairie or did the Mustangs just make it easier for the Knights to go to state?

i think they jus made it easier for DP to make it to state...
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:19 am

Carrington loses out in the Tourney kind of a surprise Kolsted hits 2 homeruns vs Carrington! How DP Midkota game go?
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby peanut butter » Tue May 20, 2008 10:34 am

DP wins 6-0 Nichols throws a 2 hitter and also hits 2 doubles in the game
peanut butter
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class B