Region assignments

Region assignments

Postby Flip » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:11 am

I would like to know which schools are in which regions. Is there a site that has this? The ndhsaa site doesn't have anything.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Region assignments

Postby Stromer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:18 pm

Flip wrote:I would like to know which schools are in which regions. Is there a site that has this? The ndhsaa site doesn't have anything.

It is on the NDHSAA site under baseball regulations.

http://www.ndhsaa.com/athletics/baseball/08Regulations.htm
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Wow, about half of those regions only have 5 teams. I wish baseball was more popular in ND.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:33 am

You could win your region and actually not even be that good. I think they should look into only having 4 regions and have the top 2 qualify for state.

Anyone know how many class B legion teams there are? I'm guessing quite a few more than HS teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:36 am

Flip wrote:You could win your region and actually not even be that good. I think they should look into only having 4 regions and have the top 2 qualify for state.

Anyone know how many class B legion teams there are? I'm guessing quite a few more than HS teams.

http://www.ndlegion.org/baseball/baseball.htm#CLASS%20B
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:15 am

Not all of those teams listed actually field a team each year, but yeah, there's quite a few more legion teams than high school.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:51 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Wow, about half of those regions only have 5 teams. I wish baseball was more popular in ND.

Yeah it would be nice to see more than 5 teams in each region. Was there ever a peak in baseball where almost every school had baseball or was it always limited to certain towns? I never remembered Cando, Starkweather, Leeds, etc. having programs but they might have before my time. Munich and Edmore always were good and I always found that strange that certain towns didn't have programs even though they had numbers in summer youth programs (although now those numbers and programs are all but gone).
Last edited by Stromer on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BrewerFan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Langdon did not have high school baseball until the mid 1990's. Before that all that was offered was golf and track, and they were successful in both those sports.
BrewerFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:39 pm

Leeds has never had high school baseball or a legion program. Always had plenty of kids interested in babe ruth and I know there were two good tries in the 90's to get the school board to start a program but they never did. I'd like to see a Benson County baseball team from a coop with Leeds, Maddock, and Mwkn.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:46 pm

BrewerFan wrote:Langdon did not have high school baseball until the mid 1990's. Before that all that was offered was golf and track, and they were successful in both those sports.

Thanks. My mistake.
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:10 am

On the other side of the spectrum... Cavalier won a state high school title in 04(???), and then that summer did not have enough players to field a Legion team.

Alot of it has to do with $$$. I believe Langdons program is not even funded by the school. I believe the kids have to raise money. Central Valley did not have a high school program until around 93-94. Most of the western part of the state only fields legion teams.

Lamoure has had a solid history in recent years for legion but did not have high school until 2006. Oakes, Lisbon, Linton, Edgeley, and Ellendale all do not have high school as well.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:16 am

InTheKnow wrote:On the other side of the spectrum... Cavalier won a state high school title in 04(???), and then that summer did not have enough players to field a Legion team.

Alot of it has to do with $$$. I believe Langdons program is not even funded by the school. I believe the kids have to raise money. Central Valley did not have a high school program until around 93-94. Most of the western part of the state only fields legion teams.

Lamoure has had a solid history in recent years for legion but did not have high school until 2006. Oakes, Lisbon, Linton, Edgeley, and Ellendale all do not have high school as well.

Right now they are in a Co-op with Hillsboro. Have they always been with Hillsboro?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:34 pm

The co-op has been in place almost since CV started up baseball. Hillsboro kids have been going there for baseball since mid 90s at least.

Hillsboro had their own team up until 1968. They won back to back state titles in 67 and 68 and then killed the program in a cost cutting measure. Go figure.....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to Class B