Finley Sharon Hope Page Legion Baseball

Finley Sharon Hope Page Legion Baseball

Postby NC_408 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Are these guys going to be good next year in legion. I know that their baberuth teams have been to state the last few years are kids finally being moved up to legion. And also what do they return from last years team.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Re: Finley Sharon Hope Page Legion Baseball

Postby Tigger » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:53 am

The two best guys returning might be Martin Severson and John Thoreson. They lose Neset and some other guys, but if they get James Ihry and Jordan Satrom on the Legion team they should be pretty good again. Satrom can still play Babe Ruth I believe.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NC_408 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Ok is that all they return is Thorson and Severson because if that is all they will be in the hurtbag I think anyway.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:05 pm

NC_408 wrote:Ok is that all they return is Thorson and Severson because if that is all they will be in the hurtbag I think anyway.

players that wont be back are Neset, Duffy, Workin and thats all. they return thorson, eric parkman, Severson, Kubischta, James Ihry, Zak Bergstrom, Ryan Mehus, Dillan Ostrom, Robert Kainz and Josh Quick.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:14 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
NC_408 wrote:Ok is that all they return is Thorson and Severson because if that is all they will be in the hurtbag I think anyway.

players that wont be back are Neset, Duffy, Workin and thats all. they return thorson, eric parkman, Severson, Kubischta, James Ihry, Zak Bergstrom, Ryan Mehus, Dillan Ostrom, Robert Kainz and Josh Quick.

doesnt Josh Quick play for Midkota? does he live in that area for the summer and midkota for school? or is it just 2 different kids with the same name haha?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:17 pm

baseball wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

doesnt Josh Quick play for Midkota? does he live in that area for the summer and midkota for school? or is it just 2 different kids with the same name haha?

last year Josh Quick and Travis Duffy both played for Hope Finley. Quick lives in Dazey so think it was almost closer for him. I know he is also related to Buffy Parkman as well.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:15 am

BballFan1307 wrote:

Watch out for that Mehus kid....he'll be their ace on the mound this year. I've heard he's got a wicked curve ball and has good pop from the plate as well....
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:39 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

Watch out for that Mehus kid....he'll be their ace on the mound this year. I've heard he's got a wicked curve ball and has good pop from the plate as well....

he's got neither, he does have a nice knuckle ball though, hes not a very good hitter, and an average fielder at best.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:44 pm

My bad, I must be thinking of someone else... Who will be FSHP's ace and best hitter this year? Is Ostrom as good in baseball as he is in bball and fball?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:19 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:My bad, I must be thinking of someone else... Who will be FSHP's ace and best hitter this year? Is Ostrom as good in baseball as he is in bball and fball?

I would say no. Their best hitter will be John Thorson or Mary Severson. John Thorson or Marty Severson will probably be their ace too.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NC_408 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Does anybody know how they will be defensley and who will be playing where? And possibley what their batting order will look like?
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Catcher- Severson, Thorson
1st Base- Bert Kainz-- Mehus?? does he have another year left
2nd base- Buffy Parkman
3rd base- James ihry- Severson- Josh Quick comes back to hope again he would see time there
Shortstop- Thorson, Buffy
LF- Bergstrom-
CF- Ostrom
RF- Satrom? that could be up in the air..

Pitchers- Severson, Throson, Quick, Mehus, Ihry... not sure there might be others
The stokker

Postby PA42 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:00 am

Don't they return their starting RF?
PA42

Postby twinsfan88 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:33 pm

Just a FYI Josh Quick lives at Sibley and plays with Midkota thru a co op with BCN.He played Legion in Hope last year cause it was close. Oh ya he is related to Parkman
twinsfan88

Postby NC_408 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:53 pm

PA42 wrote:Don't they return their starting RF?

I think that they do but i also think satrom is better than their previous starter if i remember correctly.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:00 pm

Ya satrom is pretty good with the stick and has a good arm in the outfield.. anybody know if Quick is gonna be back or is he not sure or what
The stokker

Postby NC_408 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:22 pm

Well i heard that if he does play it will be in hope but i heard that he might be playing softball in the jamestown league and if he plays softball i dont think he is eligible to play legion is he? I had also heard that he didnt get a lot of playing time over there he started every game with cooperstown and they got third at state. He hit around 500 with 4 bombs and won the teams defensive award at first base. I know this because i helped coach that team a little bit. Then he went to hope and didnt get to play so i am guessing that he will be playing softball in jamestown this summer and not playing legion in hope.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:32 pm

NC_408 wrote:Well i heard that if he does play it will be in hope but i heard that he might be playing softball in the jamestown league and if he plays softball i dont think he is eligible to play legion is he? I had also heard that he didnt get a lot of playing time over there he started every game with cooperstown and they got third at state. He hit around 500 with 4 bombs and won the teams defensive award at first base. I know this because i helped coach that team a little bit. Then he went to hope and didnt get to play so i am guessing that he will be playing softball in jamestown this summer and not playing legion in hope.

I'm pretty sure there is no rule against playing softball and legion
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NC_408 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:56 pm

The Schwab wrote:
NC_408 wrote:Well i heard that if he does play it will be in hope but i heard that he might be playing softball in the jamestown league and if he plays softball i dont think he is eligible to play legion is he? I had also heard that he didnt get a lot of playing time over there he started every game with cooperstown and they got third at state. He hit around 500 with 4 bombs and won the teams defensive award at first base. I know this because i helped coach that team a little bit. Then he went to hope and didnt get to play so i am guessing that he will be playing softball in jamestown this summer and not playing legion in hope.

O well maybe he will be returning to hope for his last year of legion but i think the chances of that are slim because of playing time. I also had heard that he may be playing for Valley City this summer so i dunno.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:09 pm

NC_408 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

O well maybe he will be returning to hope for his last year of legion but i think the chances of that are slim because of playing time. I also had heard that he may be playing for Valley City this summer so i dunno.

whether he does or not i think they have a solid line up with ihry at 3rd, thorson at short, parkman at second, kainz at 1st and Severson behind the plate. Satrom Kubischta and Bergstrom will probly play outfield.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Class B