Top hitters and pitchers in region3

Top hitters and pitchers in region3

Postby NC_408 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:24 am

Who do you think is going to be some of the elite hitters and the aces this year in region 3 ?
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Re: Top hitters and pitchers in region3

Postby ducks » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:47 pm

pitchers- johansen, olderbak, nichols, sheldon harding
ducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:41 am

My rankings in order of best to ....
Hitters- Nichols, Severson, Olderbaak, Hoerth, and Sheldon Harding

Pitchers- Nichols DP, Olderbaak Lakota, Johansen Lakota, Severson DP, S. Harding Midkota, and Luehring DP
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby NC_408 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:13 pm

pakkyzoo come on man what about Quick you played with him you saw how he can rip the ball.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:03 am

pitchers- johanson, olderbak, nichols, severson, and luehring
hittes- hoerth, olderbak, nichols, severson, and johanson

the only two teams that are decent in this region is lakota and dakota prairie, the rest are average at best
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:46 pm

NC_408 wrote:pakkyzoo come on man what about Quick you played with him you saw how he can rip the ball.

Oh dang man.... I forgot, I thought u graduated... Sheldon Harding and Josh Quick are both very good hitters too.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigg » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:51 pm

top pitchers:olderbak, johanson, nichols, severson, brandon kolstad, and sheldon harding
bigg
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:12 pm

I also heard that Josh Simonsen from PBK will be playing for Midkota this year because PBK will not be having a team. He is a pretty good contact hitter and a good defensive player. He should fit into the number two hitting slot with Sheldon Harding leading off, Nic Harding in the 3 hole and Josh Quick batting cleanup but after that Midkota is a big question mark they will be a little young and inexpierenced from the 5 spot on down in the lineup. I think the two Harding boys need to have a good year on the hill for them to be successful and simonsen and quick will also have to put in some good innings if Midkota wanst to compete this year in region 3.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:17 pm

bigg wrote:top pitchers:olderbak, johanson, nichols, severson, brandon kolstad, and sheldon harding

olderbak is not the best pitcher in this region imo. This is what I think Severson,S. Harding, Nichols, then olderbak! johanson i dont think is even top 5 i would put nic harding, berg from NRS, and maybe Luehring on the list befor johanson.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:21 pm

Best hitters-Nichols, Hoerth, Harding, Severson, Olderbak, Quick, Johanson, maybe Luehring.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:07 pm

NC_408 wrote:
bigg wrote:top pitchers:olderbak, johanson, nichols, severson, brandon kolstad, and sheldon harding

olderbak is not the best pitcher in this region imo. This is what I think Severson,S. Harding, Nichols, then olderbak! johanson i dont think is even top 5 i would put nic harding, berg from NRS, and maybe Luehring on the list befor johanson.

I think Olderbak is the best pitcher in this region hands down. He throws low 80's with a good slider. Nichols throws hard but needs to develop an off-speed pitch. I'm not going to rip Severson for not throwing hard, but until he does i don't think he's on the same level as Olderbak because I don't think one's off-speed stuff is much better than the other's.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:15 pm

can olderbak throw strikes? from recent years nichols and severson have thrown strikes and done pretty well doing it, olderbak can throw high 70s low 80s but he cant really control it, his slider is good though, when hes on hes the best pitcher in the region but if hes not, hes just an average one
baseball1981

Postby NC_408 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:27 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:
NC_408 wrote:

I think Olderbak is the best pitcher in this region hands down. He throws low 80's with a good slider. Nichols throws hard but needs to develop an off-speed pitch. I'm not going to rip Severson for not throwing hard, but until he does i don't think he's on the same level as Olderbak because I don't think one's off-speed stuff is much better than the other's.

Hands down.... NO WAY. Nichols has a decent off speed pitch so you are wrong there. Severson throws mid 70's which is not that slow so again wrong there. Plus Harding can hit his spots, throws somewhat hard, and has a nasty breaking ball so again you are wrong. Olderbak is not the top pitcher espically after his shoulder injury.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:17 pm

NC_408 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
NC_408 wrote:

Hands down.... NO WAY. Nichols has a decent off speed pitch so you are wrong there. Severson throws mid 70's which is not that slow so again wrong there. Plus Harding can hit his spots, throws somewhat hard, and has a nasty breaking ball so again you are wrong. Olderbak is not the top pitcher espically after his shoulder injury.
lol, severson DOES NOT throw mid 70's...harding does not throw hard, nichols and olderbak are the only ones that throw decently hard in this region...
baseball1981

Postby tadam6 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:28 pm

well regardless of how hard they throw...lorenz can agree w/ me on this...you do not need to throw hard to be successful....keep the ball down and dont let pitches hang....pound the zone....location location location
tadam6

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:35 pm

tadam6 wrote:well regardless of how hard they throw...lorenz can agree w/ me on this...you do not need to throw hard to be successful....keep the ball down and dont let pitches hang....pound the zone....location location location

Exactly, thats why Severson and Sheldon Harding are effective... They dont walk people, throw strikes, and have good breaking balls. Nichols throws harder then Olderbaak, but Olderbaak has a better breaking ball. Olderbaak is tough, when hes on. I would say last year Johannson was a better pitcher then Olderbaak from my observation.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:21 am

tadam6 wrote:well regardless of how hard they throw...lorenz can agree w/ me on this...you do not need to throw hard to be successful....keep the ball down and dont let pitches hang....pound the zone....location location location
yup, but u can get away with a lot of high fastballs in north dakota if your nichols or olderbak...but throwing low is huge in pitching at any level, but in college ta...theres an extent to how hard a pitcher can throw to be effective...75 mph pitcher who paints the corners...he'd get ripped down here dont u think?
baseball1981

Postby NC_408 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:30 am

Who cares what Lorenz thinks he is a edited and nobody cares about what he has to say or who he agrees with although i think that you are correct ta it is just an added bonus if you throw hard.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby brockstar41 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:12 am

NC_408 wrote:I also heard that Josh Simonsen from PBK will be playing for Midkota this year because PBK will not be having a team. He is a pretty good contact hitter and a good defensive player. He should fit into the number two hitting slot with Sheldon Harding leading off, Nic Harding in the 3 hole and Josh Quick batting cleanup but after that Midkota is a big question mark they will be a little young and inexpierenced from the 5 spot on down in the lineup. I think the two Harding boys need to have a good year on the hill for them to be successful and simonsen and quick will also have to put in some good innings if Midkota wanst to compete this year in region 3.

I thought simonsen was going to play for Carrington.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:05 pm

brockstar41 wrote:
NC_408 wrote:I also heard that Josh Simonsen from PBK will be playing for Midkota this year because PBK will not be having a team. He is a pretty good contact hitter and a good defensive player. He should fit into the number two hitting slot with Sheldon Harding leading off, Nic Harding in the 3 hole and Josh Quick batting cleanup but after that Midkota is a big question mark they will be a little young and inexpierenced from the 5 spot on down in the lineup. I think the two Harding boys need to have a good year on the hill for them to be successful and simonsen and quick will also have to put in some good innings if Midkota wanst to compete this year in region 3.

He definetly could be I had just heard that he was goin to be playing for Midkota. Thats just what i had heard.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby brockstar41 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:58 pm

NC_408 wrote:
brockstar41 wrote:

He definetly could be I had just heard that he was goin to be playing for Midkota. Thats just what i had heard.

How could he? Carrington and Kensal are co-oping, so he can't go to play for Midkota.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 pm

brockstar41 wrote:
NC_408 wrote:
brockstar41 wrote:

How could he? Carrington and Kensal are co-oping, so he can't go to play for Midkota.

Ok I didnt know that they were co-oping. I never heard that but ok carrington it is i just had heard from simonsen himself that he was playing for Midkota or he wanted to anyway but since kensal and carrington are cooping i guess he can't.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Baseball Stud » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:28 pm

Midkota isn't gunna be that tuff either way.
ND Baseball Stud

Postby NC_408 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:01 pm

ND Baseball Stud wrote:Midkota isn't gunna be that tuff either way.

Why do you say that. Not trying to be rude just wondering why you think this.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:48 pm

NC_408 wrote:
ND Baseball Stud wrote:Midkota isn't gunna be that tuff either way.

Why do you say that. Not trying to be rude just wondering why you think this.

sheldon harding can only carry the team sooo far. the only other players that will contribute are nick harding and josh quick.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Class B