Top hitters and pitchers in region3

Re: Top hitters and pitchers in region3

Postby ND Baseball Stud » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:32 pm

I agree with BballFan1307. Those couple players can't win the game day in and out for Midkota. I think that DP, Lakota, Carington, and New Rockford are gunna have to solid of teams for Midkota to handle.
ND Baseball Stud

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:42 pm

I just dont see Midkota being worse the Carrington and Harvey. But this is how i see the Region playing out..

1. Dakota Prairie- Severson and Nichols are a good 1-2 punch on the mound and at the plate. They have a solid supporting cast, that are all juniors or younger. They have been playing since they were either 7th or 8th graders. They suceeded then. They have made it to state babe ruth the last 4 years. And were part of a state tournament team in 2005. I think the youth has developed and formed a great supporting cast for the big two. Watch for Lamb at third, Luehring at center and on the mound, Vasicheck at 1st, and Gourneau a freshman lefty DH at the plate.

2. Lakota- With Olderbaak and Johannson on the mound you won't loose many games. Hourth and Mattern are both solid hitters, and Hourth is a great catcher. Kuchar and Wilkson are solid in the infield, but after that they are young and have very little experience. The first 4 are very solid and will give many teams a all they can handle. My question for Lakota is, how much more can Olderbaak really handle?? I remember when he was a freshmen, he would pitch a full game of babe ruth and then go pitch a full game of legion that night. I feel bad for the kid, he is a great baseball player, that could have been even better if he was coached correctly. Thats almost 200 to 250 in a day. I hope he stays successful and plays college, but his rotator cuff has to be sore.

3. New Rockford- Brandon Kolstad and Cody Berg are solid players. Both arent real standouts, just solid players that work hard. Both are pretty decent pitchers that throw strikes, not overly hard. The two Allmaras are good players. They will be a good team, but I dont think they can compete with DP or Lakota in the end.

4. Midkota- Sheldon Harding is one of the best shortstops in the state. He is a solid pitcher that throws strikes, not very hard, but has a good breaking ball. He is a solid hitter. Josh Quick is a very good hitter and a solid first baseman. I could see him playing 3rd or 2nd this year. Nic Harding, is a pretty decent infielder and okay pitcher. Other then that they will be very young. The reason why I put them over the rest of the region is coach Rick Chrisitanson.

5. Carrington- Don't know much about them. They will be co-oping with Kensal, but I dont know how much that will benefit them. They get that Simonson kid, he will be a good player for them. They do have some young players that could develope.

6. Harvey- They lost a ton of players from last years team. I think they only have 1 returning starter in Kenny Kellar. They have some talent in Mike Leier. But other then them 2, the rest are very young and inexperienced.

Predictions
Region Champ- Dakota Prairie or Lakota
Coach of the Year- Garrett Magner, Dakota Prairie
Senior Athlete- Nichols or Severson DP or James Olderbaak Lakota
All Region Team- Nichols, Severson, Luehring DP
Olderbaak, Johanson, Hourth Lakota
S. Harding and Josh Quick Midkota
Cody Berg and Brandon Kolstad New Rockford
Simonson Carrington
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:16 pm

Dakota Prairie- One of the best coaches in the state, very fundemental team, plays small ball and takes the ball the other way. Gorneau is a solid hitter and has a very nice swing. I think DP's main problem might be just if they compete or not. Last year when they got down early or by a lot they would just kind of lose all their energy and kind of give up. A lot of that is just youth and growing up which if they do I thinik their the best hitting team in the region hands down.

Lakota- Most experienced pitching staff I think. They have a lot of good players but once the tournament comes around they have some trouble finishing in big games. They have a couple good pitchers in Olderbak and Johansen. Their hitting is streaky and their mostly a turn and burn type team. They will be the favorite in the region I think because of pitching. But they have to hit to be able to compete.

New Rockford- Two players that can play. Berg and Kolstad. They always have trouble with their players and wont be a bad team if they can keep their players on the field. Berg and Kolstad are their only pitchers. Hitting, their young and have some talent. They wont be a bad team this year.

Harvey- Young team. One returning starter from high school, but they have 4 or 5 players who played legion over the years and did ok. Leier will standout. A underrated player for them is Sam Krivoruchka, played legion last year and at points was the teams most solid hitter. I think their the 3rd best team in the region and could maybe pull off some upsets lot a lot of the teams in the region.

Carrington- Lost their best players. Sub .500 team i think and the worst team in the region. Dont know much about the other players.
baseball1981

Postby psycho » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:35 am

I see the region playing out this way.

1. Lakota - They bring back 7/9 starters from a 14-3 team from last year with all their pitching. Their infield will be the very good and with Hoerth behind the plate, very few teams will take any extra bases. When Hoerth is on the mound you have Olderbak catching and he has a better arm than Hoerth. They need to replace two outfielders. Pratt and Swenson both started at times last year so they will probably both start. They have Tate Aronson who is a very good athlete who could play the other spot or fill in with someone else also. I believe both Kuchar and Aronson play for DP's babe ruth team in summer. Someone will have to step up defensively in the outfield to help replace Wall as he was an excellent centerfielder. They will probably have the best hitting team overall as Olderbak, Johansen, Hoerth, Mattern, Wilkinson and Kuchar are all solid hitters and can put the ball in play.The rest of the lineup will have to contribute some if they are to be successful.

2. Dakota Prairie - They have one very good pitcher in Nichols who when he is throwing strikes is almost unbeatable. The rest of their pitching will be solid but not great. As far as hitting goes they have Nichols and Severson who are very good and Gourneau who was solid last year. The rest of their line up does not hit very well or didn't last year anyway against better pitchers.

3. New Rockford - They have a lot of solid kids back and have gotten much better the last two years. Kolstad throws hard and the rest of their staff isn't bad. They will compete.

After that it is probably Midkota, Carrington and Harvey. Midkota has some good kids back in Hardings and Quick but probably not enough to get past the top three.

There will be some exciting games in the region and it will be close all the way to the end. As far as individual awards, who cares, its about who can win the regional and advance to state tourney.

pakkyzoo wrote:I just dont see Midkota being worse the Carrington and Harvey. But this is how i see the Region playing out..

1. Dakota Prairie- Severson and Nichols are a good 1-2 punch on the mound and at the plate. They have a solid supporting cast, that are all juniors or younger. They have been playing since they were either 7th or 8th graders. They suceeded then. They have made it to state babe ruth the last 4 years. And were part of a state tournament team in 2005. I think the youth has developed and formed a great supporting cast for the big two. Watch for Lamb at third, Luehring at center and on the mound, Vasicheck at 1st, and Gourneau a freshman lefty DH at the plate.

2. Lakota- With Olderbaak and Johannson on the mound you won't loose many games. Hourth and Mattern are both solid hitters, and Hourth is a great catcher. Kuchar and Wilkson are solid in the infield, but after that they are young and have very little experience. The first 4 are very solid and will give many teams a all they can handle. My question for Lakota is, how much more can Olderbaak really handle?? I remember when he was a freshmen, he would pitch a full game of babe ruth and then go pitch a full game of legion that night. I feel bad for the kid, he is a great baseball player, that could have been even better if he was coached correctly. Thats almost 200 to 250 in a day. I hope he stays successful and plays college, but his rotator cuff has to be sore.

3. New Rockford- Brandon Kolstad and Cody Berg are solid players. Both arent real standouts, just solid players that work hard. Both are pretty decent pitchers that throw strikes, not overly hard. The two Allmaras are good players. They will be a good team, but I dont think they can compete with DP or Lakota in the end.

4. Midkota- Sheldon Harding is one of the best shortstops in the state. He is a solid pitcher that throws strikes, not very hard, but has a good breaking ball. He is a solid hitter. Josh Quick is a very good hitter and a solid first baseman. I could see him playing 3rd or 2nd this year. Nic Harding, is a pretty decent infielder and okay pitcher. Other then that they will be very young. The reason why I put them over the rest of the region is coach Rick Chrisitanson.

5. Carrington- Don't know much about them. They will be co-oping with Kensal, but I dont know how much that will benefit them. They get that Simonson kid, he will be a good player for them. They do have some young players that could develope.

6. Harvey- They lost a ton of players from last years team. I think they only have 1 returning starter in Kenny Kellar. They have some talent in Mike Leier. But other then them 2, the rest are very young and inexperienced.

Predictions
Simonson Carrington
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:16 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
NC_408 wrote:
ND Baseball Stud wrote:Midkota isn't gunna be that tuff either way.

Why do you say that. Not trying to be rude just wondering why you think this.

sheldon harding can only carry the team sooo far. the only other players that will contribute are nick harding and josh quick.

Soo Sheldon Harding is going to carry Midkota huh I think not they will be a decent team with The Hardings Quick cody ralph is a promising young talent as well as jeff bauman. Im not saying that they are going to compete with DP and Lakota but it could happen. They have some young talent coming up that nobody knows about and they could make some noise this year.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:38 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:I just dont see Midkota being worse the Carrington and Harvey. But this is how i see the Region playing out..

Predictions
Simonson Carrington
So is what i heard about Severson true or not Pakkyzoo you know what i am talking about right.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:47 pm

I have no idea what your talkin about buddy?? If its the state ball rumor its not true.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Baseball Stud » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:38 pm

As far as the DP/Lakota game goes, I think that it has potential to be the game of the year, in region 3 for sure anyways. I do not know who will win the game, but I do think that Lakota has more experience with 5-6 seniors starting. I beleive their infield returns everyone with Johanson(3rd), Kuchar(2nd), Mattern(1st), Wilkinson(UTL), Hoerth(C), and Olderbac(SS). Johanson and Olderbac are both top notch pitchers and Hoerth is probally one of the best catchers in the state.

However, Nichols and Severson are both very good pitcers with just as much experience as any of Lakota's players. They have several other solid players throughout their lineup too. They are pretty young, but I was very impressed with how their young talent played last year.
ND Baseball Stud

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:51 pm

ND Baseball Stud wrote:As far as the DP/Lakota game goes, I think that it has potential to be the game of the year, in region 3 for sure anyways. I do not know who will win the game, but I do think that Lakota has more experience with 5-6 seniors starting. I beleive their infield returns everyone with Johanson(3rd), Kuchar(2nd), Mattern(1st), Wilkinson(UTL), Hoerth(C), and Olderbac(SS). Johanson and Olderbac are both top notch pitchers and Hoerth is probally one of the best catchers in the state.

However, Nichols and Severson are both very good pitcers with just as much experience as any of Lakota's players. They have several other solid players throughout their lineup too. They are pretty young, but I was very impressed with how their young talent played last year.

Their young talent is more experienced then most of Lakota's players like Kuchar, Aronson, Swenson, and Pratt. Herman and Gourneau started as 7th graders. Luehring and Lamb started as 8th graders. Ham and Vasicheck started as freshman. They all have 3 years of starting experience. Kuchar started 1 year, Swenson, and Pratt were spot starters the last 2 years. DP has a great infield too. Lamb at 3rd, Nichols/Severson SS, Frederick 2nd, and Vasicheck at 1st. Herman (Freshman) C, best young catcher in the state. They also return their whole outfield, Luehring in center, Ham in right, and either Gourneau or Kroke in left. Nichols and Severson are comparable to Olderbaak and Johannson.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Prime Time » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:25 pm

NC_408 wrote:

Predictions
Simonson Carrington
So is what i heard about Severson true or not Pakkyzoo you know what i am talking about right.

No, thats just a rumor going around thats not true....no DP baseball players got into trouble.....by the way NC_408 how's duke doing for ya
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NC_408 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Prime Time wrote:
NC_408 wrote:

Predictions
Simonson Carrington

No, thats just a rumor going around thats not true....no DP baseball players got into trouble.....by the way NC_408 how's duke doing for ya

So Prime Time obviously knows who i am and that i am duke fan but i have no idea who prime time is o and about the severson thing i kinda figuired that it was just a rumor.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby Prime Time » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:44 pm

don't worry bout who i am
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NC_408 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Prime Time wrote:don't worry bout who i am

ok buddy. with a name like prime time i dont think i have to worry aboout you anyway haha
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:23 pm

so are their any good match ups in the region coming up
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby Prime Time » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:52 am

DP goes to New Rockford today for two varsity games-5 inning games.....
Prime Time
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND Baseball Stud » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:13 pm

Prime Time wrote:DP goes to New Rockford today for two varsity games-5 inning games.....

Where those two games both league games and who won?
ND Baseball Stud

Postby ND Baseball Stud » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Predictions
Simonson Carrington

Pakkyzoo, I would like to know were you got half of your information from. I'm positive Olderbak never through 200-250 pitches, thats ridiculous. And I am almost positive that its his left rotator cuff that is hurt, so I don't see "soreness" being to much of a problem for him. I doubt that he ever threw a full Babe Ruth game and Legion game in one day.

I also thought that Kolstad threw harder then most of the pitchers in Region 3, excluding maybe three guys. He is by far New Rockford's best pitcher and a pretty good one at that.

And last, what makes Garret Magner such a good coach. He seems to know the game pretty well, but most of the time I see him yelling at his players. I would much rather have a coach like Christianson.
ND Baseball Stud

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:50 pm

lol are you serious, magner is a way better coach...how do you think he gets his players to play so hard for him..they obviously practice better than most teams in the region because they never have the huge names other teams have but they always put a good team out there...magner it seems teaches little things, bunting, taking extra bases, two strike hitting, hit and runs and stuff like that, and as for his yelling, most good coaches do that
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:28 pm

ND Baseball Stud wrote:

Predictions
Simonson Carrington

Pakkyzoo, I would like to know were you got half of your information from. I'm positive Olderbak never through 200-250 pitches, thats ridiculous. And I am almost positive that its his left rotator cuff that is hurt, so I don't see "soreness" being to much of a problem for him. I doubt that he ever threw a full Babe Ruth game and Legion game in one day.

I also thought that Kolstad threw harder then most of the pitchers in Region 3, excluding maybe three guys. He is by far New Rockford's best pitcher and a pretty good one at that.

And last, what makes Garret Magner such a good coach. He seems to know the game pretty well, but most of the time I see him yelling at his players. I would much rather have a coach like Christianson.

Well he might not have thrown two full games, but I have seen with my own eyes him throw in the babe ruth game, and then throw at least some in the legion game later that night or the next day.

Not saying you have to yell to be effective as a coach, but I would say Christianson yells just as much as Magner. They are the two best coaches in the region hands down. Not any of the other coaches are even close in my opinion. Both coaches learned the same way, fundamentals. They both preach it, and it shows on the field. I guess thats what going to Mayville State does for you. The last 10 years Midkota has dominated this region. Talent does help, but Coach C has a lot to do with it. Magner has braught a program up since 2004 that has made it to state in 2005 and then lost a lot of leadership. Preached fundamentals and small ball to the young kids and they have been successful the whole time.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dizza30 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:41 am

baseball1981 wrote:lol are you serious, magner is a way better coach...how do you think he gets his players to play so hard for him..they obviously practice better than most teams in the region because they never have the huge names other teams have but they always put a good team out there...magner it seems teaches little things, bunting, taking extra bases, two strike hitting, hit and runs and stuff like that, and as for his yelling, most good coaches do that

i'll take the Harvey coach....hahahahaha
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:30 am

ok, makes no sense but where are you playing college baseball at again dizza30???????? :lol:
baseball1981

Postby NC_408 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:57 pm

dizza30 is the man i idol him.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby J.P. » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:01 am

pakkyzoo wrote:My rankings in order of best to ....
Hitters- Nichols, Severson, Olderbaak, Hoerth, and Sheldon Harding

Pitchers- Nichols DP, Olderbaak Lakota, Johansen Lakota, Severson DP, S. Harding Midkota, and Luehring DP

Seth Fredrick is a very good 2nd basemen and a pretty good pitcher
J.P.

Previous

Return to Class B