4. Munich Starkweather
5.Grafton
6. Dakota Prairie
7.Velva
8.Thompson?
9. not sure on the last two?
any suggestions?
this is probably going to get ripped apart tried the best i could
I like most of it, but i doubt FSHP, Munich, and probably Velva should bve that high. Some teams to mention are Lakota, Hatton, Casselton, Langdon(?) maybe, mine is like this: 1. Bishop Ryan 2. Grafton 3. Lamoure 4. Munich 5. Dakota Prairie 6. Thompson 7. Hatton 8. FSHP 9. Lakota 10. Casselton/Velva/Langdon. I really like DP for this upcoming season. They have been really young for a long time and now like a couple years ago, are starting to put it together.
baseball1981

Re: Top ten

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:13 am

i put those 3 up that high, because they showed they had what it took to get to the state tournament, unlike a H-N, Casselton(who FSHP beat first round of the tournament), and DP. Thompson lost basically everyone but Cooley wouldnt have them ranked so high. And Lamoure is just good, even though FSHP beat them last year they might be the favorite, but i think that regions a toss up. SO yeah thats my justification for having those teams higher in the poll.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:18 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:i put those 3 up that high, because they showed they had what it took to get to the state tournament, unlike a H-N, Casselton(who FSHP beat first round of the tournament), and DP. Thompson lost basically everyone but Cooley wouldnt have them ranked so high. And Lamoure is just good, even though FSHP beat them last year they might be the favorite, but i think that regions a toss up. SO yeah thats my justification for having those teams higher in the poll.
Nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying that FSHP got hot at the right time and probably wont have that this year. But they have a young team so we'll see.
baseball1981

Postby andy_7 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:12 pm

Munich will be good again, and only Velva returns four starters from last years team. There is only 1 pitcher that got significant innings from those guys too so I don't really see them in the top ten from this point.
andy_7

Postby ducks » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:57 pm

1 Bishop Ryan
2 Lamoure
3 Munich Starkweather
4 Dakota Prairie
5 Grafton
6 FSHP
7 Hatton Northwood
8 Lakota
9 Velva
10 Thompson
ducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:17 am

1. Bishop Ryan (easy decision here)
2. Grafton (top pitcher is capable of shutting down anyone)
3. Lamoure (alot of talent. question: can they put it together)
4. Munich (made championship and didn't lose much)
5. Thompson (tradition)
6. Velva (again tradition)
7. FSHP (maybe a little higher but think Lamoure is too good in their region)
8. Dakota Prairie (like their talent level)
9. Steele (Two title game appearances in four years warrants inclusion)
10. Hatton-Northwood (question can they overcome Thompson)
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseballlvr » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:21 am

Maniaconthefloor wrote:1. Bishop Ryan (easy decision here)
5. Thompson (tradition)

I agree, but with Grafton, the top pitcher can't pitch every game, even though they still have Martinez (also a good pitcher) on the side, but they're only two guys. who else do they have?
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:06 am

5. Thompson (tradition)
Is steele even going to be able to have a team next year?

1. BR- defending champs, lots of pitching, good defense, fundementally sound on offense with a great coach
2. Grafton- can beat almost any team in the state, good pitching, good defense, hitting is inconsistant though
3. Lamoure- overall fundementlly sound, watkins and holen lead the team
4. Hatton-Northwood- young team, showed some talent last yea
5. Dakota Prairie- another young team, good pitching, great coach
6. Munich- had an easy rode to the championship last year but definatley a good team
7. Lakota- 2nd in their region last year, good pitching back, but fails to finish in big games
8. Thompson- some young talent and will always be a top team in the state
9. Cassleton- very young team
10. FSHP- a team that got hot at the right time last year that barely wasnt over .500, they barely made the top 10
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:13 am

Steele should be alright. i dont konw about top ten but i think they should have just enough to make it through the region. Lang, Martin, Gross, Mccleary, Randall, Miller. i dont know about younger players but usually a few more kids come from napoleon every year.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby spoilers23 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:02 pm

baseballlvr wrote:
5. Thompson (tradition)

I agree, but with Grafton, the top pitcher can't pitch every game, even though they still have Martinez (also a good pitcher) on the side, but they're only two guys. who else do they have?

martinez, jordan lutovsky, garet molde, and luke paulson all can hit low 80s with their fastballs. lutovsky is as good as anybody. paulson is one of the top lefties in the state. molde's got a good fastball with a lot of movement on it. we also have a solid closer in mike bartunek.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:13 pm

spoilers23 wrote:
baseballlvr wrote:
5. Thompson (tradition)

martinez, jordan lutovsky, garet molde, and luke paulson all can hit low 80s with their fastballs. lutovsky is as good as anybody. paulson is one of the top lefties in the state. molde's got a good fastball with a lot of movement on it. we also have a solid closer in mike bartunek.
lutovsky doesnt throw 80, and ive never seen any of the others pitch, but i know lutovsky doesnt throw 80, wasnt he at the mandan camp and only hit like 78 tops?
baseball1981

Postby spoilers23 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:00 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:
baseballlvr wrote:
5. Thompson (tradition)

lutovsky doesnt throw 80, and ive never seen any of the others pitch, but i know lutovsky doesnt throw 80, wasnt he at the mandan camp and only hit like 78 tops?

i believe jordan threw 79 each of the past two years at the mandan camp but i know for a fact he has thrown harder than that.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby banthedh » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:45 am

I might have read the paper wrong but didn't lutoski kick seven kinds of dog crap out of harvey at sate last year
banthedh

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:22 pm

banthedh wrote:I might have read the paper wrong but didn't lutoski kick seven kinds of dog crap out of harvey at sate last year
lol ok so he beat a team that couldnt hit, we had 3 hitters ok, rogelstad krahler and feakes was ok...so he pretty much shut down a team that couldnt hit, his stuff is meat to a good hitter, all he has is a straight fastball at 78 mph ched :D which will get it done in class b baseball in north dakota
baseball1981

Postby baseball007 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:33 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
banthedh wrote:I might have read the paper wrong but didn't lutoski kick seven kinds of dog crap out of harvey at sate last year
lol ok so he beat a team that couldnt hit, we had 3 hitters ok, rogelstad krahler and feakes was ok...so he pretty much shut down a team that couldnt hit, his stuff is meat to a good hitter, all he has is a straight fastball at 78 mph ched :D which will get it done in class b baseball in north dakota

but he could win a game better than you because he doesnt give up un-earned runs.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby psycho » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:05 pm

It will be interesting to see if Dakota Prairie can beat Lakota. As far as I know, Lakota has been beating up these same age group of kids since Babe Ruth days with the exception of one year when Olderbak couldn't pitch or one game when he and Johansen couldn't play in regional tournament. It should be a two team race in that region and a lot of fun to watch as it is a good rivalry between the two schools.
[code][/code]
ducks wrote:1 Bishop Ryan
2 Lamoure
3 Munich Starkweather
4 Dakota Prairie
5 Grafton
6 FSHP
7 Hatton Northwood
8 Lakota
9 Velva
10 Thompson
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball06 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:19 pm

baseball1981 wrote:

the thing i like about lutovsky is the way he carries himself at the baseball field. watching harvey at the state tournament was not classy baseball. big shot doesnt tuck his shirt in and walks wherever he goes. lutovsky's got far better mechanics than lorenz and better off speed pitches. if lutovsky wants to go on to the next level i think he'll be a better pitcher because he'll pick up a lot of velocity in college.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:15 pm

spoilers23 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:
baseballlvr wrote:
5. Thompson (tradition)

i believe jordan threw 79 each of the past two years at the mandan camp but i know for a fact he has thrown harder than that.

Took him deep twice in a game this summer.....but he's pretty good
tadam6

Postby hockeystar11 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:13 pm

tadam6 wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
spoilers23 wrote:
baseballlvr wrote:
5. Thompson (tradition)

Took him deep twice in a game this summer.....but he's pretty good

just because your some stud from langdon doesnt mean u gotta brag about it.
hockeystar11

Postby baseball11 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:25 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:
the thing i like about lutovsky is the way he carries himself at the baseball field. watching harvey at the state tournament was not classy baseball. big shot doesnt tuck his shirt in and walks wherever he goes. lutovsky's got far better mechanics than lorenz and better off speed pitches. if lutovsky wants to go on to the next level i think he'll be a better pitcher because he'll pick up a lot of velocity in college.

I think it's more common to see players act classy, tucked in shirts, etc. than it is to see a sloppy team walking everywhere, hats not on straight, jerseys a mess, etc.
baseball11

Postby tadam6 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:09 am

im going to apologize for that last statement....one of my buddies was on here and made a few comments....again i apologize...
tadam6

Postby hockeystar11 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:57 pm

yea u better apoligize..now im gonna have to show u up in hockey and seven eleven doubles
hockeystar11

Postby bgt3225 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:34 pm

i will go with lamoure. return the 1,3,4,7,8, and 9 batters.also good 15 year olds that took 2nd in the state babe ruth tournament. watkins and holen both great players will lead the team. it will be exciting to watch lamoure next year.
bgt3225
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Class B