2008 college

Re: 2008 college

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:10 am

laber wasnt even one of the three nd kids projected to be drafted this year..but he could because he's a lefty and throws kinda hard
baseball1981

Postby Minot Stunna » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:01 am

laber wasnt even one of the three nd kids projected to be drafted this year..but he could because he's a lefty and throws kinda hard
Quick question, since when is low to mid 90's kinda hard. The dude straight deals on a team that isn't the best. And he is a lefty, which turns heads. And by the way, In the Know you are my hero.
Minot Stunna
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:45 am

yeah, its hard, but theres a difference in a heavy fastball rather than a straight fastball, he has a good shot at it, this year could be a big year for north dakota in the draft, carr is eligible too this year, so theres 5 maybe 6 possible picks
baseball1981

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:08 pm

baseball1981 wrote:laber wasnt even one of the three nd kids projected to be drafted this year..but he could because he's a lefty and throws kinda hard

I am curious to know whos projections? Who are the three listed (Elgie, Lundy, and ?)

Here is some info on Laber in reference to his appearance against the Gophers last year and scouts. http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=8877 . Laber does not throw a straight fastball and has a pretty firm sharp breaking ball. How many leftys ever throw a straight fastball really. He led his Cal Ripken collegiate summer league team in ERA last year in 8 starts with a 2.44 and 56Ks in 51.2 innings which placed him 6th in the league and 3rd among all starters with more then 4 starts and was selected a west all-star. http://www.ripkensrcollegebaseball.org/
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:24 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:laber wasnt even one of the three nd kids projected to be drafted this year..but he could because he's a lefty and throws kinda hard

I am curious to know whos projections? Who are the three listed (Elgie, Lundy, and ?)

Here is some info on Laber in reference to his appearance against the Gophers last year and scouts. http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=8877 . Laber does not throw a straight fastball and has a pretty firm sharp breaking ball. How many leftys ever throw a straight fastball really. He led his Cal Ripken collegiate summer league team in ERA last year in 8 starts with a 2.44 and 56Ks in 51.2 innings which placed him 6th in the league and 3rd among all starters with more then 4 starts and was selected a west all-star. http://www.ripkensrcollegebaseball.org/
ill chose not to say but i heard it was on the news last night, it was projected by perfectgame
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:35 pm

i think i may know who he is talking about....same person he always does.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:57 pm

lundy elgie and ebert :D
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:03 pm

baseball1981 wrote:lundy elgie and ebert :D

k you proved me wrong haha...just thought maybe it was that person since you chose not to say for some reason
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:06 pm

baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:lundy elgie and ebert :D

k you proved me wrong haha...just thought maybe it was that person since you chose not to say for some reason
well, theres one obvious one i didnt say...nick bata
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:08 pm

thats who i thought u were talking about :D
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby always a sports season » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:16 pm

juco is accually more for a player who cant keep up with grades...[/quote]

Sometimes it's not the grades but the credits or types of classes taken in high school. NCAA has a point system for the classes taken in high school. Division II requires more than juco and Division I has more requirements than Division II. Some athletes haven't done the 4year college prep route in high school.
always a sports season

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:06 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
banthedh wrote:Juco isn't for everyone most of the time its a place for the unpolished player to go who isn't ready to compete at the DII or DI level. The coaches at SU must have felt he was ready to go at that level. Have you seen there schedule. Have you seen the facility they play in, most kids would consider themselves lucky to play at nueman. There are some jucos that are very good but its still just juco ball. Although there are advantages to that route for some, its not for everyone.
juco is accually more for a player who cant keep up with grades...

Wow..... wow..... wow..... That is a horrible comment.. You still have to keep up with your grades to play on a JuCo team. That's ridiculous.. JuCo's may be smaller but they still have rules. It's not like you can go play baseball there and not go to class, and not do homework, and still play.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:03 pm

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
banthedh wrote:Juco isn't for everyone most of the time its a place for the unpolished player to go who isn't ready to compete at the DII or DI level. The coaches at SU must have felt he was ready to go at that level. Have you seen there schedule. Have you seen the facility they play in, most kids would consider themselves lucky to play at nueman. There are some jucos that are very good but its still just juco ball. Although there are advantages to that route for some, its not for everyone.

Wow..... wow..... wow..... That is a horrible comment.. You still have to keep up with your grades to play on a JuCo team. That's ridiculous.. JuCo's may be smaller but they still have rules. It's not like you can go play baseball there and not go to class, and not do homework, and still play.
wow, it is not a horrible comment...juco is definatley a place for players who cant keep up with grades at a d1
baseball1981

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:43 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

wow, it is not a horrible comment...juco is definatley a place for players who cant keep up with grades at a d1

So what you're saying is someone like me can go through college at my D3 JuCo, not go to class, not do homework, fail every test, and still be playing this spring? Or am I misunderstanding you? Do you mean that 4-year D1 classes are harder? Well if thats the case, a JuCo just has specialized classes in your field. It eliminates most generals that you would have to take at a 4-year school, so really you are getting the same education, just cutting down the useless classes that you really don't need.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:36 pm

sorry but d1 classes are much harder, and juco classes are much easier...im not saying u cant not do ur homework, skip class, that stuff, but d1 classes are harder and for some d1 players who cant keepup with grades at a d1, they have the option of going to a juco, getting 2 years done and then transfering and then they only have 2 years at a d1 with their school...
baseball1981

Postby luckyinlife » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:58 pm

I think it would be best to end the discussion on how hard the classes are in a JUCO before this topic gets locked. Please PM each other.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:46 pm

andy_7 wrote:I heard that Jamestown's coach is recruiting some Lamoure kids pretty hard.

sounds like ben watkins signed a letter of intent with jc
rep

Postby luckyinlife » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:51 pm

rep wrote:
andy_7 wrote:I heard that Jamestown's coach is recruiting some Lamoure kids pretty hard.

sounds like ben watkins signed a letter of intent with jc

The press release is in the Jamestown Sun today.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby luckyinlife » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:31 pm

I see in the paper today that Lance Johansen from Lakota signed with the Jimmies for football and baseball. Congratulations Lance.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:38 pm

what kind of team do the jimmies have? i saw they got watkins and hes a solid player..
baseball1981

Postby cubsfan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:53 pm

baseball1981 wrote:what kind of team do the jimmies have? i saw they got watkins and hes a solid player..

Last year they finished third in the Dac that was surprisingly strong last year.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bison95 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:15 am

ok baseball 1981 you do not know what you are talking about. Juco is not for players that cant keep their grades up. juco players all have the goal of going to a division 1 school. There are tons of reasons to go to a juco. maybe they need to work on little parts of their game. Or maybe they didnt get good exposure to big schools in high school. Juco would be a great place to get seen. Many players get juco and division 1 offers but decide to go juco because they want a chance at a better division 1 school. So think about all the options and reasons before you say something like that.
bison95

Postby bison95 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:17 am

on the subject of Laber. He pitched very well against OU (oklahoma) on tuesday, and is on his way to a great season. His next start should be against University of Kansas on saturday so we will see how that goes.
bison95

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:32 pm

didnt laber allow like 8 runs in 3 innings?
baseball1981

Postby bison95 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:29 pm

first of all it was his first outing of the year... first time even pitching off of dirt since october... first time seeing real batters outside of a batting cage... plus it was the university of oklahoma... and many of those runs were off of errors too
bison95

PreviousNext

Return to Class B