pitchers for the 2008 season

Postby utilityman51 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:58 am

who is returning and who is coming up?
utilityman51

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:06 am

seth nichols, james olderbak, ross severson, brookes backes, cole krueger, clay kallias, bruner, riley beck, jake cooley, anthony kliniske, kenny keller, those are some of the top ones in the state, as you can see bishop ryans staff is stacked
baseball1981

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:48 pm

Jordan Satrom..sophomore came on late last year, should be good against wood bats
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:54 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:Jordan Satrom..sophomore came on late last year, should be good against wood bats
with his 65 mph fastball he might do ok against kids that cant swing 32 ounce bats
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:55 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:Jordan Satrom..sophomore came on late last year, should be good against wood bats
with his 65 mph fastball he might do ok against kids that cant swing 32 ounce bats

he seemed to do alright against Steele in State...
Last edited by baseball on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:01 pm

baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

he seemed to do alright against Steele in State...
i dk, maybe if he gains 5 mph and gets to 70 mph he can do good
baseball1981

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:21 pm

he didnt lose any games last year, and it is not all aboust speed. His delivery is hard to pick up on and has a good tail on his faceball. Plus its highschool baseball with wood bats. There will be alot of low scoring games no matter whos pitching
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:47 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:he didnt lose any games last year, and it is not all aboust speed. His delivery is hard to pick up on and has a good tail on his faceball. Plus its highschool baseball with wood bats. There will be alot of low scoring games no matter whos pitching
how can you say speed dosent matter when hes not even throwing 70 mph? i dk if u can get tail on ur fastball with that slow of speed, i want to see what kind of control u think he has, throwing strikes or hitting spots, i bet u think hes got good control cause he throws a lot of strikes, and agianst any good team they can hit his stuff...hes an average pitcher for his age...i do like his mechanics tho, their very good
baseball1981

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 pm

i wouldnt say average for his age....freshman who pretty much led their team to state last year...sorry he doesnt throw in the 90's lorenz
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:28 pm

i like how people think a kid isnt a good pitcher just because he doesnt throw as hard as others.  his 65MPH fastball got them to the semi's while you 90 MPH fastball got your team to the loser's bracket??  not all about speed (Glavine, Maddux, Moyer)
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby andy_7 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:45 pm

If you can control your pitches in high school and legion you are a good pitcher. Its not about speed at this level.
andy_7

Postby #1baseballfan » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:17 pm

baseball1981 wrote:seth nichols, james olderbak, ross severson, brookes backes, cole krueger, clay kallias, bruner, riley beck, jake cooley, anthony kliniske, kenny keller, those are some of the top ones in the state, as you can see bishop ryans staff is stacked
watkins and holen
#1baseballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:25 pm

baseball wrote:i like how people think a kid isnt a good pitcher just because he doesnt throw as hard as others.  his 65MPH fastball got them to the semi's while you 90 MPH fastball got your team to the loser's bracket??  not all about speed (Glavine, Maddux, Moyer)
how good is their offspeed...i think just a little better than his
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:29 pm

baseball wrote:i like how people think a kid isnt a good pitcher just because he doesnt throw as hard as others.  his 65MPH fastball got them to the semi's while you 90 MPH fastball got your team to the loser's bracket??  not all about speed (Glavine, Maddux, Moyer)
he beat steele right? a team that only had bakkum and lang, that bracket was ridiculous
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:36 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
he beat steele right? a team that only had bakkum and lang, that bracket was ridiculous

maybe it was a weak bracket but he didnt walk and bean 10 people either...when are you going to admit a kid doesnt have to through 85+ just to be good?  theres plenty of good pitchers who through 65-70
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ticket0115 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:44 pm

Lorenz u should know speed isnt everything. Location and Pitch Selection is what you need to win at the High School and Legion level.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:49 pm

[user=2819]baseball1981[/user] wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:he didnt lose any games last year, and it is not all aboust speed. His delivery is hard to pick up on and has a good tail on his faceball. Plus its highschool baseball with wood bats. There will be alot of low scoring games no matter whos pitching
how can you say speed dosent matter when hes not even throwing 70 mph? i dk if u can get tail on ur fastball with that slow of speed, i want to see what kind of control u think he has, throwing strikes or hitting spots, i bet u think hes got good control cause he throws a lot of strikes, and agianst any good team they can hit his stuff...hes an average pitcher for his age...i do like his mechanics tho, their very good

I personaly caught for this kid as most of you know. His fastball has nice tail and is pretty good thats all ill say cause if i say more ill get ragged on
The stokker

Postby baseball » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:20 pm

baseball1981 wrote:

have you ever hit off Darin Rassmuson??  before his senior year he threw MAYBE 60 and his ball had the most tail of any pitcher i hit off.  he had his slow fastball that started down the middle and would end up on the corner or even on the plate so the ball doesnt have to be fast to tail...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:54 pm

[user=2819]baseball1981[/user] wrote: 
How can you say you need to throw hard to be a good pitcher.  Ben Watkins does throw hard now, but Ben Holen sure doesn't.  He just hits his spots perfectly and mixes his pitches up real well.  But I do have to agree with you that Jordan Satrom is not one of the top pitcher's in the state.  He is okay, but nothing special.  Maybe he will be by the time he is a senior, but right now he definitely isn't.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:42 pm

wow you guys...seriously the topic does not say best pitchers in the state...it says pitchers for 2008 season...all i was doing was saying the top pitcher for fshp. He had a good year last year. sorry my bad
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:46 am

BballFan1307 wrote:wow you guys...seriously the topic does not say best pitchers in the state...it says pitchers for 2008 season...all i was doing was saying the top pitcher for fshp. He had a good year last year. sorry my bad
He is not FSHP best pitcher.  Marty Severson and John Thorson are their top 2 pitcher's.  Those 2 are the one's with more experience at this level. 
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby utilityman51 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:39 am

when i started the topic i meant high school class b sorry if i idnt imply the right thing
utilityman51

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:36 am

look back at last year....when they needed a win against casselton in regionals the top team in their bracket....who pitched ..satrom... region championship who pitched first game and won....satrom...and their first pitcher at state was satrom...i'd say he was their top pitcher
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The stokker » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:54 am

Yes i would say Satrom probably led the team when it counted. But Severson, and Thorson were both really big keys to this team. Those three pitchers were the reason they made it as far as they did. Who was the ace its hard to say. I think Satrom also pitched better cause he had Thorson behind him at short and Parkman at second other than what they had when Severson or Thorson pitched. But either way all three will have to pitch well for this team to make it as far as they did last year and i think its possible it happens.
The stokker

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:59 am

BballFan1307 wrote:wow you guys...seriously the topic does not say best pitchers in the state...it says pitchers for 2008 season...all i was doing was saying the top pitcher for fshp. He had a good year last year. sorry my bad
its cool, u didnt do anything wrong, hes not a great pitcher now but he certainly has the potential to be a very good pitcher, if all he wants to do is pitch in hs and get people out he can still throw 70, if he wants to throw in college he has to get up to 85, which i think he could because he has the mechanics, his mechanics were some of the best at the state tournament...i agree with i think cubsfan that jon thorson and that other kid is better than satrom becuase of the experience, but didnt satrom play in the state babe ruth championship game...thats some good experience
baseball1981

Next

Return to Class B