pitchers for the 2008 season

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:32 am

i agree...i dont think he'll be a pitcher in college...i just thought he's a good pitcher for high school. but last season whenever hope finley needed a big win....they brought him to the mound.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:57 am

BballFan1307 wrote:i agree...i dont think he'll be a pitcher in college...i just thought he's a good pitcher for high school. but last season whenever hope finley needed a big win....they brought him to the mound.
hey who knows about him pitching in college...if he can pick up some speed, he could be
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:42 am

baseball1981 wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:i agree...i dont think he'll be a pitcher in college...i just thought he's a good pitcher for high school. but last season whenever hope finley needed a big win....they brought him to the mound.
hey who knows about him pitching in college...if he can pick up some speed, he could be

again with the it all being about speed...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:50 am

baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

again with the it all being about speed...
sorry bud but u cant throw ur 65 mph fastball and pitch in college...u have to throw at least 80...sorry...i even think tadam can agree with me on this after playing a fall season at a juco
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:01 am

i agree with that, but this wasnt the first time you talk about speed.  every time a person mentions somebody for being a decent pitch you jump all over them because he doesnt throw 80+.  the topic is under "high school athletics" and talking about pitchers for the next season so why are people talking about him throwing in college?  the kid is only a sophomore or am i wrong on that one?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:10 am

YES he's a sophomore and baseball1981 or tanner whatever you like to be called...its higshcool pictchers for the 2008 season !

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:10 am

baseball wrote:i agree with that, but this wasnt the first time you talk about speed.  every time a person mentions somebody for being a decent pitch you jump all over them because he doesnt throw 80+.  the topic is under "high school athletics" and talking about pitchers for the next season so why are people talking about him throwing in college?  the kid is only a sophomore or am i wrong on that one?
speed is important though, all im saying if he wants to play college ball he has to gain speed, which every pitcer does with aging...im not saying hes a bad pitcher because he dosent throw 80, but some ppl jus dont get what control is...control isint all about throwing strikes, its about throwing low and on the corners, and ive learned this in college, and from what ive seen of him in the two times ive seen him pitch, he dosent have that kind of control, yes he throws strikes but their down the middle every time same pitch same speed...
baseball1981

Postby The stokker » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:34 pm

When have you seen satrom pitch just wondering cause i remember last year at the end of babe ruth he started to get tired i think and threw more down the middle and quit hitting the corners like he did early in the season
The stokker

Postby baseball » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:21 pm

i can understand that....being asked to pitch and contribute to a high school team and then carry the load for a babe ruth team is alot of pitching for a kid his age.  did he pich legion at all?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:27 pm

The stokker wrote:When have you seen satrom pitch just wondering cause i remember last year at the end of babe ruth he started to get tired i think and threw more down the middle and quit hitting the corners like he did early in the season
i saw him throw against steele and in harvey at the state babe ruth tournament, he did ok against steele but absolutely horrible at state babe ruth, he didnt look real tired but he was leaving a lot of pitches over the middle of the plate so maybe he was...being his first real year pitching that much, i can understand that
baseball1981

Postby PA42 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:52 pm

baseball wrote:i can understand that....being asked to pitch and contribute to a high school team and then carry the load for a babe ruth team is alot of pitching for a kid his age.  did he pich legion at all?
no
PA42

Postby The stokker » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:58 pm

When i was catching for the kid during the end of the babe ruth season i think he got wore down. He threw alot in the league turney and ya he threw alot of his pitches over the plate and he had trouble hitting the corners.

During state against Steele he did walk some guys and did bean some guys but its alot to ask a kid who is a freshman to come out and pitch against the defending state champs that year. So he did good there he just might have been a little rattled not trying to make excuses for the kid tho.

And he did carry the load for the babe ruth team which he was up to a did well but i think maybe his arm got tired he threw alot during the season
Last edited by The stokker on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The stokker

Postby G » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:01 pm

AK from grafton and tanner carpenter from north border are going to be very good this year...i can see grafton going all the way again

G
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:07 pm

G wrote:AK from grafton and tanner carpenter from north border are going to be very good this year...i can see grafton going all the way again

getting beat in the first round is not going all the way
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:14 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
G wrote:AK from grafton and tanner carpenter from north border are going to be very good this year...i can see grafton going all the way again

yea i dont get that statement about going all the way but AK has got another year under his belt and you hafta think he'll do very good and lead that team back to state
baseball1981

Postby baseball11 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:04 am

I don't see any team from that region beating Grafton.  They should walk right over it.
baseball11

Postby Big Hitter » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:31 am

#1baseballfan wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:seth nichols, james olderbak, ross severson, brookes backes, cole krueger, clay kallias, bruner, riley beck, jake cooley, anthony kliniske, kenny keller, those are some of the top ones in the state, as you can see bishop ryans staff is stacked
watkins and holen

lance Johansen is one of the top pitchers in the state he didn't lose a game last year for Lakota he had a ERA under .50
Big Hitter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:45 am

Big Hitter wrote:
#1baseballfan wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:seth nichols, james olderbak, ross severson, brookes backes, cole krueger, clay kallias, bruner, riley beck, jake cooley, anthony kliniske, kenny keller, those are some of the top ones in the state, as you can see bishop ryans staff is stacked
watkins and holen

lance Johansen is one of the top pitchers in the state he didn't lose a game last year for Lakota he had a ERA under .50
yea olderbak is better, johansen is hittable but if olderbak is on hes hard to hit, his slider is decent, where johansen just has a fastball that is average and straight
baseball1981

Postby baseball007 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:21 pm

power-aid14 wrote:

Grafton will probabaly have the most talent led and the most depth in a pitching staff in North Dakota this season.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:27 pm

baseball007 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:

Grafton will probabaly have the most talent led and the most depth in a pitching staff in North Dakota this season.
they have kliniske........who win every game he pitches most likely but who else do they have...
baseball1981

Postby sportfan4life » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:45 pm

U sir need a life. go to college and focus on hitting your spots so u don't completely get destroyed. they many above average pitchers who can take over a game if they so need to
sportfan4life

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:51 pm

sportfan4life wrote:U sir need a life. go to college and focus on hitting your spots so u don't completely get destroyed. they many above average pitchers who can take over a game if they so need to
did i say they didnt, i think all i said was they had kliniske and hes all i know, and dont make me bring my pitching into this...
baseball1981

Postby sportfan4life » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:10 pm

Y not?....
sportfan4life

Postby G » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:40 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:

yea i dont get that statement about going all the way but AK has got another year under his belt and you hafta think he'll do very good and lead that team back to state

i ment going to state again...the only team i can see getting a win against grafton from that region is north border but i dont think they could do it multiple times
G
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:06 pm

Big Hitter wrote:
#1baseballfan wrote:
watkins and holen

are you kiddin me....johansons a meat baller....and big deal....i had an era at .27 into regionals and im not one of the best pitchers in the state.....
tadam6

PreviousNext

Return to Class B