looking forward to 2008 legion

Postby gophers18 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:57 am

Thanks everyone for another exciting year in legion and keeping everyone posted on whats going on in state.  I am already excited for 2008.  So maybe to wrap up this year and start talking about next years legion.  Who will not be back next year for legion and etc. as well as who should be the teams to watch in 2008 would be a good way to start.  Lets get some feed from each section.  Thanks  again.
gophers18

Postby The stokker » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:14 am

ill say once again i think they are region 3 with tomphson hopefinley hatton, central valley that should be a good one
The stokker

Postby highheat » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:42 am

The stokker wrote:ill say once again i think they are region 3 with tomphson hopefinley hatton, central valley that should be a good one

also the bombers team should be better than usual. the group of kids coming in has to be one of the better baseball classes from fargo in a while.
highheat

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:50 am

i think maddock will end up winning section 7 instead of being the runner up
baseball1981

Postby bballuvr » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:53 am

LaMoure should be in contention for a return visit. Entire pitching staff back. Lose only two players, Gibbs and Willey. Next year the 16 year olds will be a very capable group to fill holes. They led LaMoure to a nice run in Babe Ruth losing the state championship by a run in the last inning.

Their section will see somebody step up and be tough also. Lisbon, Linton, etc.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ace_07 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:54 pm

Beulah loses Haugstad, Hausauer, Michaelson and Bauman(thier top 3 pitchers and their 1,3,4,and 5 hitters in that order)..and infield except for 2nd base...which is Boe and he will be returning..but Beulah has some decent Babe ruth kids comin up so they should do pretty good again.
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:37 pm

I heard that in 2 years players that have been out of high school for a year will not be eligable to return. Is there any truth to this?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball10 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:39 pm

LaMoure goes back-to-back. Only lose two players. They got a good program going right now. They should be contenders for the next couple of years.
baseball10
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ace_07 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:57 pm

baseball10 wrote:LaMoure goes back-to-back. Only lose two players. They got a good program going right now. They should be contenders for the next couple of years.

i agree...solid pitching staff...decent hitters 1-9...decent speed...not a whole lot of errors comitted in the field when i saw them...should be around the top for a while
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:09 pm

The stokker wrote:ill say once again i think they are region 3 with tomphson hopefinley hatton, central valley that should be a good one
casselton had a nice year in legion as well. i am not sure who they return but if fontana, novak, brown..etc, return they could be tough.
PA42

Postby coachk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:50 am

In section 1 Galchutt or Kindred should be the two fighting it out with the nod going to Galchutt. They will be deep in pitching with everyone coming back but 1 starter (Beto is to old so the catching spot will be a concern for them).They will be hurting though for a good bench as their babe ruth program is very weak.  Kindred will do well if they get those who are still eligible to play after graduation back. Depth in pitching will hurt most of the other teams.  West Fargo could still be a threat as well.
my prediction and just that.
1. Galchutt  2. Kindred 3.West Fargo 4. Enderlin 5. Hankinson 6. Fairmount 7. Lidgerwood 8. Wyndmere 9. Wahpeton 10. Great Bend
coachk

Postby Number7 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:03 am

coachk wrote:In section 1 Galchutt or Kindred should be the two fighting it out with the nod going to Galchutt. They will be deep in pitching with everyone coming back but 1 starter (Beto is to old so the catching spot will be a concern for them).They will be hurting though for a good bench as their babe ruth program is very weak.  Kindred will do well if they get those who are still eligible to play after graduation back. Depth in pitching will hurt most of the other teams.  West Fargo could still be a threat as well.
1. Galchutt  2. Kindred 3.West Fargo 4. Enderlin 5. Hankinson 6. Fairmount 7. Lidgerwood 8. Wyndmere 9. Wahpeton 10. Great Bend
West Fargo will be good because some kids from this year's team will stay down and the group coming in took 2nd in 15 year old state to Bismarck who took 2nd in the Midwest Regional.  And Miller will create a very disaplined team that makes few mistakes.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball06 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:59 am

Ace_07 wrote:
baseball10 wrote:LaMoure goes back-to-back. Only lose two players. They got a good program going right now. They should be contenders for the next couple of years.

i agree...solid pitching staff...decent hitters 1-9...decent speed...not a whole lot of errors comitted in the field when i saw them...should be around the top for a while

Grafton doesn't lose anyone.  They beat lamoure in the championship in the lamoure tourney 8-3 and grafton was missing their 3, 4, and 6 hitters
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:52 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1468]horne98[/user] wrote:
casselton had a nice year in legion as well. i am not sure who they return but if fontana, novak, brown..etc, return they could be tough.

The next group of Bombers coming up are really special. The varsity only needs to fill 4 spots next summer so there is gonna be a lot of experience players along with very talented first years, and I do believe Thompson is gonna be down considerably compared to the last 4-5 years. I know i'm not as familiar with class b baseball as some here, but this group of kids coming up for Fargo are really talented. I think they will walk away with the section.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball10 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:38 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:
Ace_07 wrote:

Grafton doesn't lose anyone.  They beat lamoure in the championship in the lamoure tourney 8-3 and grafton was missing their 3, 4, and 6 hitters

LaMoure also threw Gibbs who is no where close to their best pitcher. And i believe their starting catcher was in a Babe Ruth tourney that weekend. Who they had to play without.
baseball10
NDPreps Rookie

Postby power-aid14 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:03 pm

coachk wrote:In section 1 Galchutt or Kindred should be the two fighting it out with the nod going to Galchutt. They will be deep in pitching with everyone coming back but 1 starter (Beto is to old so the catching spot will be a concern for them).They will be hurting though for a good bench as their babe ruth program is very weak.  Kindred will do well if they get those who are still eligible to play after graduation back. Depth in pitching will hurt most of the other teams.  West Fargo could still be a threat as well.

there are 10 teams in section 1?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gophers18 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:20 pm

power-aid14 wrote:

Yes there is but sounds like that will change next year won't know for sure until the winter conference but heard they will do some changes.
gophers18

Postby ndfootball06 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:48 pm

baseball10 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
Ace_07 wrote:

LaMoure also threw Gibbs who is no where close to their best pitcher. And i believe their starting catcher was in a Babe Ruth tourney that weekend. Who they had to play without.

grafton was missing kliniske, lutovsky, and luke paulson. they threw probably their 4 or 5 guy
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:13 pm

power-aid14 wrote:

next year i think enderlin mite be going west in a region out there and west fargo possily going north liek the bombers do... i dont think hankinson will be that good.... whap will prob have a good program... Fairmount returns 2 of there 3 pitchers and there 3,4,5,6 hitters so they should be well......it will be a tough region...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Akadema » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:15 pm

beachy wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:

next year i think enderlin mite be going west in a region out there and west fargo possily going north liek the bombers do... i dont think hankinson will be that good.... whap will prob have a good program... Fairmount returns 2 of there 3 pitchers and there 3,4,5,6 hitters so they should be well......it will be a tough region...
Kindred brings back their 3 best pitchers with Johnson, Cossette, and Plante. They have some holes to fill but with good pitching they should be successful.
Akadema
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nike07 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:20 am

harvey loses a lot, frantz, rogelstad, nyhus, and a couple others that were decent north dakota players, lorenz probably wont be back either because he'll go play summer ball in a summer league somewhere
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 am

they even going to be able to field a team?

that section is already hurting big time with teams disappearing. midkota is gone, carrington was struggling with numbers this year and will lose a couple of guys, steele probably won't have a team next year, the blues are always touch and go if they'll have a team from one game to the next.

before too long there isn't going to be a section at all.
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:47 pm

rep wrote:they even going to be able to field a team?

that section is already hurting big time with teams disappearing. midkota is gone, carrington was struggling with numbers this year and will lose a couple of guys, steele probably won't have a team next year, the blues are always touch and go if they'll have a team from one game to the next.

before too long there isn't going to be a section at all.
harvey has a lot of younger kids, they will always be able to field a team, it just might not be as good as it has been
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:35 pm

ive heard steele is going to keep the napoleon co-op from high school for legion next year??? anyone else know anything about it?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:22 pm

baseball wrote:ive heard steele is going to keep the napoleon co-op from high school for legion next year??? anyone else know anything about it?

that'd be the only way they can field enough guys to make it a normal defense (you know...three outfielders, a guy at every base, shortstop, pitcher, catcher). it boggles my mind that steele would have numbers problems. sure smaller communities, but i always thought of steele as having pretty decent numbers.
rep

Next

Return to Class B