looking forward to 2008 legion

Re: looking forward to 2008 legion

Postby utilityman51 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:40 pm

i dont know if patrick will be around since his brothers are too old to play and dusty will be in idaho for linemans school
utilityman51

Re:

Postby Tigger » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:41 pm

next year i think enderlin mite be going west in a region out there and west fargo possily going north liek the bombers do... i dont think hankinson will be that good.... whap will prob have a good program... Fairmount returns 2 of there 3 pitchers and there 3,4,5,6 hitters so they should be well......it will be a tough region...[/quote]

That would be funny if they came back into section 3 as they begged to get out a few years ago because they weren't competitive. Thompson will be missing pretty much all of the guys that made them so good, but Hope-Finley and Fargo should return some pretty good players. Hatton and CV-H will also be good teams. Gardner loses their top two players, and MayPort wasn't much to speak of last year. I'm not sure about Casselston. I would think that HF and the Bombers will be the top two teams, but any team in the top 4 or 5 could make a run. I don't think anyone will run away with the section.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Re:

Postby shs01240 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:20 am

Tigger wrote:next year i think enderlin mite be going west in a region out there and west fargo possily going north liek the bombers do... i dont think hankinson will be that good.... whap will prob have a good program... Fairmount returns 2 of there 3 pitchers and there 3,4,5,6 hitters so they should be well......it will be a tough region...

That would be funny if they came back into section 3 as they begged to get out a few years ago because they weren't competitive. Thompson will be missing pretty much all of the guys that made them so good, but Hope-Finley and Fargo should return some pretty good players. Hatton and CV-H will also be good teams. Gardner loses their top two players, and MayPort wasn't much to speak of last year. I'm not sure about Casselston. I would think that HF and the Bombers will be the top two teams, but any team in the top 4 or 5 could make a run. I don't think anyone will run away with the section.
[/quote]

The Bombers walk through the regular season and easily garner the #1 seed for the tournament. They do return some good players, but the newest group of guys eligible to play are way more talented. Thats my prediction.

I hope West Fargo moves to section 3, just so they know what it feels like to play in a real section.

I would also like to see Hope-Finley be successful this year, as they are coached by one of the classiest coaches in the state, and it shows their respect for the game. An aspect that seems to be lacking on a fair number of teams.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sharpey24 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:51 pm

West Fargo didn't ask to get moved out of Section 3, we were moved by the state and didn't want to leave the north. Also, we beat the Bombers twice last year (both game 1's) and beat Hope-Finley 3 times so a move north probably would be welcomed. The Bombers will be very good this year, but I doubt it will be a "walk" through the section.

Section 1 isn't a real section????
sharpey24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gophers18 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:40 am

thanks sharpey: I can't see section 3 being any better that section 1. Section one has produced some outstanding teams in that past few years. Last year's West Fargo and Galchutt the two years previous. Throw in Enderlin and Fairmount those years before. When was the last time the bombers made it to state just curious? Hope Page has had good teams but like everyone else has had some not so good years as well. Seeing the teams play in Section 3 last year I would have to go with West Fargo if they move up to that section (which by the way is not a for sure yet)alot of talent coming back and a very disciplined coach. Bombers and HP with Casselton will be tough but need to beat WF both in runs and classiness just from my observations from the teams last year, but again time will tell.
gophers18

Re:

Postby OldSchool » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:01 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
tadam6 wrote:probly canada
yea man, thats a good place to go, i either want to go to cananda and play or northwoods

Canada or Northwoods huh.....Your better off playing legion baseball. Canada is ok if your playing in the league with Swift Current, and the Northwoods League is probably the second or third best wood bat league in the country......so good luck with that.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldSchool » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:07 pm

utilityman51 wrote:thompsons coach john dolleslager has stepped down this year to pursue a masters degree program so thompson may lose players becuase of coaching but who knows since the legion hasnt even started looking for a replacement

If Thompson loses kids because Dolleslager stepped down then they are in trouble. I think with the right coach in place the last 4 or 5 years and Thompson should have been winning the state every year. Hands down the most talent. Dolleslager just showed up and set the lineup. He didn't know baseball!!!
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:06 pm

OldSchool wrote:
utilityman51 wrote:thompsons coach john dolleslager has stepped down this year to pursue a masters degree program so thompson may lose players becuase of coaching but who knows since the legion hasnt even started looking for a replacement

If Thompson loses kids because Dolleslager stepped down then they are in trouble. I think with the right coach in place the last 4 or 5 years and Thompson should have been winning the state every year. Hands down the most talent. Dolleslager just showed up and set the lineup. He didn't know baseball!!!

I've been waiting soooo long for someone to make that comment.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby zags_22 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:30 pm

I agree with Ace 07 that beulah should do really well again next year! They return boe which in my mind had to be there best pitcher last year basically carried them to a title contention game and beat the one and two teams in langdon and thompson. I dont know how good of a hitter he is but i saw him play in washburn and he hit two over the deepest part of the field against one of washburns better pitchers in rassmusen. Beulah loses nearly there whole infield but has lots of young experience coming up and a good outfield and flagen (sp) stepped in really well as first year coach to take them to a 3rd place finish so i say beulah takes there section and maybe does ok at state pendin on how younger players step up
zags_22
NDPreps Reserve

Re:

Postby NC_408 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:27 pm

rep wrote:
baseball wrote:ive heard steele is going to keep the napoleon co-op from high school for legion next year??? anyone else know anything about it?

that'd be the only way they can field enough guys to make it a normal defense (you know...three outfielders, a guy at every base, shortstop, pitcher, catcher). it boggles my mind that steele would have numbers problems. sure smaller communities, but i always thought of steele as having pretty decent numbers.

Yeah numbers are going to be a problem for them i was talking with some kids i know from steel and they said that they are not going to have a team so they must not be co opping or does anyone know if they are or arnt for sure?
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class B