congrats to LaMoure

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:26 am

Fallen player is inspiration for LaMoure’s state title win
By CRAIG HAUPERT, Staff Writer [url=mailto:chaupert@minotdailynews.com]chaupert@minotdailynews.com[/url]

ImageMichael Linnell/MDN

LaMoure pitcher Ben Holen leaps into the arms of catcher Cole Gentzkow moments after LaMoure captured the championship at the 2007 American Legion Baseball Class B State Tournament Sunday in Bottineau. Holen, who was named the tournament’s most valuable player, led LaMoure to a 9-2 win over Burlington in the championship.[align=justify]BOTTINEAU â€â€
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:35 am

in the pic what is with the player in the backround he just won a state title and he appears to just be walking off?!?! how can he not be jumping into the catchers arms as well i thought it was exciting when we won state but i guess i was wrong:P
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:12 am

Congratulations to LaMoure. You guys showed some real heart going out there and winning it for Ross. I wish you guys the best of the luck this coming week.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballuvr » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:27 am

Saucer, EVERYBODY went crazy after this one. EVERYBODY joined in the celebration that went on in Bottineau. As you can see, he is yelling, and ready to join the mob. The mob that EVERYBODY was in.

These guys were overjoyed to win this thing. A very fine field of teams, coming back after a loss, and certainly all the emotion of the loss of Ross Meidinger.

Everybody on this site knows how great it is to get to a state tournament, and to win one is truly awesome. I know that these guys were truly thrilled to pull this off.

Coming back after being knocked off by Langdon last year, to have another chance and to get it done is great. Only losing 2 players, and no pitchers, they might be around some more.

Congratulations to the 2007 NORTH DAKOTA STATE LEGION B CHAMPIONS!!!

LAMOURE A'S!!!!!!
Last edited by bballuvr on Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:04 pm

i know it just looks so funny he is walking and trying to take his glove off he just dosent look as enthusiastic as i thought one should be

did the game end on a k or what
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby LarryBirdFan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:42 pm

Congratulations LaMoure!!!
LarryBirdFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby web17 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:47 pm

congrats lamoure. you guys showed a lot of heart this past weekend. losing your opening game and playing all that baseball with a win or go home situation. and under the circumstances you faced, you all performed like real champs. i hope you guys take regionals too.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:52 pm

web17 wrote:congrats lamoure. you guys showed a lot of heart this past weekend. losing your opening game and playing all that baseball with a win or go home situation. and under the circumstances you faced, you all performed like real champs. i hope you guys take regionals too.

I second that.. that showed alot of balls on LaMoure's part.. Congrats! Represent ND well!!
thunderbaseball_38

Return to Class B