Burlington

Postby ballaholic#3 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:04 pm

why does everyone not give burlington credit where it is deserved? they were told they couldn't beat beulah and they beat beulah. they were actually winning most of the game until the 7th but then they came back and won. they beat thompson when no one said they could and shut them down with timely hitting and good pitching. they did get beat by a good lamoure team but despite losing by 10-3 in the championship they were a couple key hits away from being a close game. maybe the people from harvey ( baseball 1981 ) should give credit where it is deserved because burlington is a legit team. by the way only 3 teams go to Regionals because Nebraska dropped out and Beulah gets an automatic bid.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:18 pm

yeah....burlington beat me.....let me rephrase that....they hit the **** out of me....w/e i threw they hit and they are patient hitters....its just no one really expects much from this section ever.....it was nice to have them do well for some well deserved and earned respect.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:31 pm

ya i give props they went above and beyond expectations

Congrats:up:
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball_05 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:14 pm

Agreed. Everyone had written them off after a slow start to their season. They were one game away from elimination in the section and beat Minot twice...which is tough to do. Great job at the end of the year Burlington, Good Luck at the Regional.
baseball_05
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class B