Who plays who tomorrow in the State B

Postby strike3 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:51 pm

Anyone know who plays who tomorrow in the State B legion tourney
strike3

Postby power-aid14 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:31 pm

its too bad the balance in skill and competition in each bracket was soo uneven.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:39 pm

power-aid14 wrote:its too bad the balance in skill and competition in each bracket was soo uneven.
it was in high school too, i love it how teams like dlb and munich and teams like that can get in easy brackets and win them then ge killed in the championship, it would make the tournament way more interesting if just once, the brackets were even, stupid....
baseball1981

Postby bballuvr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:00 pm

Does anybody happen to know times and matchups for Saturday?

Did it rain at all in Bottineau today?
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:08 pm

bballuvr wrote:Does anybody happen to know times and matchups for Saturday?

Did it rain at all in Bottineau today?

just got off the phone with the mdn...no rain...scores coming shortly
rep

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:53 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:its too bad the balance in skill and competition in each bracket was soo uneven.
it was in high school too, i love it how teams like dlb and munich and teams like that can get in easy brackets and win them then ge killed in the championship, it would make the tournament way more interesting if just once, the brackets were even, stupid....

thats y i feel they should wait until the day region tourneys start to pair the state tourney teams.  this year for example... Ryan vs. Grafton shouldve been the championship instead of 1st round and FSHP and Munich shouldve been in opposite sides of the bracket.  Ryan, Grafton, and Velva all in 1 half of the bracket, shouldnt be that way.  but it wasnt all bad, 2 top-proven teams (Thompson, Steele) against 2 lower-unknown  teams (FSHP, Munich). if they seeded it this is how i think it wouldve been....

1 Ryan vs. 8 FSHP

4 Thompson vs. 5 Velva

3 Steele vs. 6 Harvey

2 Grafton vs. 7 Munich

but since thats not how it was Grafton was in the losers bracket because they played the champs in the first round.  another possiblity would be seed it by record after the region tourneys.....just a thought
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:55 pm

lamoure 6, garrison co-op 0

beulah 6, langdon 3

burlington 3, thompson 1
rep

Postby power-aid14 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:09 pm

burlington must be playing pretty well....minot ryan doesnt have a legion team but in the spring burlington is in minot ryan's region...so if they win state....you could say that the region was the best in the state....not region 3.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Football Guy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:33 pm

Tomorrow's  (Saturday) Games :

Noon - Thompson vs. Beulah

2:30 pm - LaMoure vs. Burlington
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:15 am

baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

thats y i feel they should wait until the day region tourneys start to pair the state tourney teams.  this year for example... Ryan vs. Grafton shouldve been the championship instead of 1st round and FSHP and Munich shouldve been in opposite sides of the bracket.  Ryan, Grafton, and Velva all in 1 half of the bracket, shouldnt be that way.  but it wasnt all bad, 2 top-proven teams (Thompson, Steele) against 2 lower-unknown  teams (FSHP, Munich). if they seeded it this is how i think it wouldve been....

1 Ryan vs. 8 FSHP

4 Thompson vs. 5 Velva

3 Steele vs. 6 Harvey

2 Grafton vs. 7 Munich

but since thats not how it was Grafton was in the losers bracket because they played the champs in the first round.  another possiblity would be seed it by record after the region tourneys.....just a thought

Baseball, i agree with the idea of seeding, but i do believe if they had done that, Bishop Ryan wouldnt have been the number one seed, they were looked down on by some. My opinion on how it would have been seeded, if they had done it is: 1)Grafton; 2) Steele; 3) Thompson; 4) Bishop Ryan; 5) Harvey; 6) Velva; 7) Munich; 8) FSHP. Dont u think Bishop Ryan would have been put below those teams before the tourney was played, they werent getting much talk before the tourney, maybe cuz Grafton was getting it all. I do know that Kliniske has pitched against Backes twice in his career once in Legion and then last yr state, and Backes won both times. So now Backes and Kallias may be on the map as one of the better pitchers in the state in class B.
Last edited by magic715 on Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
magic715

Postby mike thingstad » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:23 am

How do you seed it? By who gets bragged up the most on the preps? Or do you use head to head? And if people haven't played then what? We tried to seed the state dual tourney in wrestling, it didn't work. Lets see some critiria.
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby magic715 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:56 am

mike thingstad wrote:How do you seed it? By who gets bragged up the most on the preps? Or do you use head to head? And if people haven't played then what? We tried to seed the state dual tourney in wrestling, it didn't work. Lets see some critiria.

I agree with that, there is no science to it, it will not change, but ideally i wold be nice, but then if there is an upset, then u get the argument the other way, who really is or was the better team, it is baseball and it trully is a sport where anyone can win on any given day over any other sport. cuz u could hit the ball all day long and right at someone and not score, and the other team could be bad hitters but a few walks past ball and tada, the team scores, that is why i love baseball.
magic715

Postby magic715 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:01 am

You are just kidding right? Lets see Burlington beat Beulah, Beulah beats Langdon, and Burlington beats Thompson. i also thought that the bottom bracket was tougher at first but might be proven wrong, but it still comes now down to depth of pitching, does burlington have any more? they dont have the depth but they won there first 3, so i dont think they can win it, but i will pull for them, sounds like Thompson still may have the most depth pitching wise, so i guess they will win it. Just my opinion, hope i am wrong.
magic715

Postby spoilers23 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:13 am

magic715[/user] wrote: [/b]
[quote][b][user=508]baseball wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

1 Ryan vs. 8 FSHP

4 Thompson vs. 5 Velva

3 Steele vs. 6 Harvey

2 Grafton vs. 7 Munich

Baseball, i agree with the idea of seeding, but i do believe if they had done that, Bishop Ryan wouldnt have been the number one seed, they were looked down on by some. My opinion on how it would have been seeded, if they had done it is: 1)Grafton; 2) Steele; 3) Thompson; 4) Bishop Ryan; 5) Harvey; 6) Velva; 7) Munich; 8) FSHP. Dont u think Bishop Ryan would have been put below those teams before the tourney was played, they werent getting much talk before the tourney, maybe cuz Grafton was getting it all. I do know that Kliniske has pitched against Backes twice in his career once in Legion and then last yr state, and Backes won both times. So now Backes and Kallias may be on the map as one of the better pitchers in the state in class B.[/quote]when was the second time? backes beat us 3 years ago in a wood bat tourney in mayville and wyatt beyer took the loss for us and i think i threw an inning that game
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby gophers18 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:04 am

Just curious is this about legion or high school  I thought this thread was about legion tourney for saturday.  Also in Legion for those wondering the sections are rotated every year so in 7 years the sections that played each other this year will meet up again.  High school  I don't know how that is done but would guess similar
gophers18

Postby baseball » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:05 am

mike thingstad wrote:How do you seed it? By who gets bragged up the most on the preps? Or do you use head to head? And if people haven't played then what? We tried to seed the state dual tourney in wrestling, it didn't work. Lets see some critiria.

I said in my last sentence of that post that maybe they could use record?  dont go by W-L but by winning pct.  ive seen some teams that go into the tourney 14-2 and when I played both years we were 25-2 and 27-3.  while a team that is 23-3 or so coming into the tournament because they have close to 10 more wins might look better but the team with the 13-1 record would get the higher seed due to winning percentage.  I know it would be impossible to order the teams 1-8 because of skill but if there was some sort of mathimatical system.  average runs scored vs. averade runs allowed.  Team batting average and team ERA...these probably dont make sense but im just throwing things out there to get a seeding haha
Last edited by baseball on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Class B