State Tournament Scores

Postby strike3 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:56 am

Does anyone know any scores from the State A or B tournaments going on today
strike3

Postby ND Football Guy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:33 pm

Day 2 Scores from Bottineau

Beulah 8, West Fargo 7

LaMoure 11, Harvey 1 (5 innings)

Garrison is leading Burlington 13 - 12 in the top of the 6th inning.

The Class A scores from Fargo :

Bismarck 4, Fargo 3  (The game from yesterday that was PPD til' this morning)

Loser out Games :

Jamestown 12, Grand Forks 9

Fargo is leading West Fargo 4-1 in the top of the 7th.

ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby TIMJACKSON » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:53 pm

Thompson beat Langdon 12-7.
TIMJACKSON

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Any Friday scores from Bottineau?
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:15 pm

Recap of the State Class "B" Tournament scores from Bottineau

Wednesday

Garrison 9, West Fargo 6

Burlington 5, Beulah 4

Thompson 4, LaMoure 2

Langdon 13, Harvey 2

Thursday

Beulah 8, West Fargo 7

LaMoure 11, Harvey 1  (5 inn.)

Burlington 14, Garrison 13

Thompson 12, Langdon 7

Friday

Beulah 6, Langdon 3

LaMoure 6, Garrison 0

Burlington 3, Thompson 1

Saturday

Noon - Beulah 10, Thompson 5

2:30 pm - LaMoure 10, Burlington 1

Sunday

1:00 pm - Beulah vs. LaMoure

State "B" Championship : 3:00 pm - Burlington vs. Beulah/LaMoure Winner. 

ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:49 pm

does burlington have anymore pitchers left?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:59 pm

i hope lamoure wins, which they will cause they came from the bracket that was the hard one, beulah was the only team in the other division that was a tough team, burlington, garrison and west fargo didnt impress me, even tho they won some games, it wasnt against real tough teams
baseball1981

Postby mike thingstad » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:09 pm

Travis I do believe that Burlington beat Beulah first round and they just beat Tompson yesterday. If Beulah is the only good one why didn't Burlington get beat out earlier? Just lucky?
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:19 pm

mike thingstad wrote:Travis I do believe that Burlington beat Beulah first round and they just beat Tompson yesterday. If Beulah is the only good one why didn't Burlington get beat out earlier? Just lucky?
i dont believe thompson had any pitching left so thats probably why they beat them, and buelah didnt pitch their best pitcher against them, and beulah jus wasnt hitting the ball that day, 3 teams from nd go to super regionals, how wil that work/
baseball1981

Postby justbrowsing » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Thompson had no pitching left?  Kjemhus, Kjemhus, Greek, Swatlowski, Syrstad, Syrstad, and Nelson - and they had no pitching left???
justbrowsing

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:02 pm

justbrowsing wrote:Thompson had no pitching left?  Kjemhus, Kjemhus, Greek, Swatlowski, Syrstad, Syrstad, and Nelson - and they had no pitching left???
the kjehmus's are off and on, greek and swatlowski are good, syrstad pitched already, and the other too are average, come on, name the good pitchers not the ones who throw 75 mph, kjehmus's greek and swatlowski they had left, leave it at that
baseball1981

Postby uconn_8 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:20 pm

Burlington is real quality team. They were real paitent at the plate in their win. Good thing lorenz doesn't pitch against them, they could probably draw 15 walks. They're winning the games, it doesn't matter how you do it as long as you get it done and thats what burlington does. So don't try and take anything away from Burlington winning, they play the game they way its supposed to be played. I've watched some games there and i've seen some teams not hustling out fly balls and tossing helmets (ex. thompson and langdon). Given players get upset about calls sometimes its no reason to make a scene.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:30 pm

how would three teams go to regionals??

Beulah goes no matter what, if beulah is to win state they would go as the host team and the runner up would go as the "state champ" if beulah is to take 2nd or 3rd the state champ would go as the state champ and beulah the host or am i missing somthing here?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ticket0115 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:22 pm

Im going to make a statement right know but i think Harvey was the worst team there hands down the only way they would have beaten anyone is if they would have pitched lorenz and maybe not even then because he cant find the strike zone most of the time. O yeh Lorenz u can purchase the 8th place trophy from garrison if u want it heck ill even give it to u for free.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:28 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that is by far the best laugh i have had in about 2 months and i wasnt there but i can agree with you
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:10 pm

Saucesauer wrote:how would three teams go to regionals??

Beulah goes no matter what, if beulah is to win state they would go as the host team and the runner up would go as the "state champ" if beulah is to take 2nd or 3rd the state champ would go as the state champ and beulah the host or am i missing somthing here?
its just what i heard man, i didnt get it either
baseball1981

Postby PA42 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:46 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
mike thingstad wrote:Travis I do believe that Burlington beat Beulah first round and they just beat Tompson yesterday. If Beulah is the only good one why didn't Burlington get beat out earlier? Just lucky?
i dont believe thompson had any pitching left so thats probably why they beat them, and buelah didnt pitch their best pitcher against them, and beulah jus wasnt hitting the ball that day, 3 teams from nd go to super regionals, how wil that work/
the score was 3-1. wow it sounds like pitching was the reason thompson did not win. come baseball 1981 you know that 99% of teams that score one run in a game lose. ANd if they had no pitching left then how did a good hitting team only score three runs. Greek, Syrstad and swatlowski would have probably given up three runs against burlington.
PA42

Postby baseball1981 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:25 pm

horne98 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
the score was 3-1. wow it sounds like pitching was the reason thompson did not win. come baseball 1981 you know that 99% of teams that score one run in a game lose. ANd if they had no pitching left then how did a good hitting team only score three runs. Greek, Syrstad and swatlowski would have probably given up three runs against burlington.
alright, ill give dlb credit, their playing good ball, i just dk if their the best team in the state
baseball1981

Postby mike thingstad » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:42 am

Nobody thought we were the best team in the state the year we won it. You just need to win when it counts. Thats what Burlington is doing. And if Beulah didn't throw their best pitcher for a win first round thats their fault for over looking Burlington. By the way hows the arm, hope its good for next year. Goog Luck.
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby windex » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:09 am

One State (Nebraska) has opted not to take part in the tourney this year.  This allowed ND to have a third rep. Depending on how Beulah does will determine the brackets but one ND team will be taking Neb. State Champs. spot.

I would like to invite all of you posting to Beulah for the tourney we have been putting in long hours into the feild and improvements ....Should be a good chance to see some good teams. Teams so far North Las Vegas and Kansas City team ...

Little shock coming to Beulah ...population 3500
windex
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:36 am

if there are any radio feeds or any score updates that would be great.  Lamoure beat Beulah 3-0.
Last edited by cubsfan on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Blitz32 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:31 pm

LaMoure just beat Burlington for the title. I think the final score was 10-3.
Blitz32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby mike thingstad » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:33 pm

Rumor I hear was ND was going to get 4, but if its three then LaMoure, Burlington and Beulah are in. I think all three will rep. ND well. Congrats to LaMoure.
Last edited by mike thingstad on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:43 pm

mike thingstad wrote:Rumor I hear was ND was going to get 4, but if its three then LaMoure, Burlington and Beulah are in. I think all three will rep. ND well. Congrats to LaMoure.

wow that is stupid 4 teams why dont we just take all 8 from state well actually except for harvey and than whoever else wants to come from other states and make the tourny 1 month long regionals are like 6 days already more teams makes it take longer how much college do kids want to miss?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mike thingstad » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:08 pm

That means only 4 from other states would be coming. When we went it was done by Sunday. Teams played more than one game on Friday.
Last edited by mike thingstad on Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike thingstad
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B