No votes
Jamestown
6%

Total votes : 17

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:37 pm

2007 Section 7 American Legion Baseball Tournament

Aug. 1-4 at Jack Brown Stadium

Wednesday’s schedule

Game 1: No. 4 Sheyenne-New Rockford vs. No. 5 Maddock, 5 p.m.

Game 2: No. 3 Harvey vs. No. 6 Jamestown Blues, 8 p.m.

Thursday’s schedule

Game 3: No. 1 Carrington vs. Winner Game 1, 5 p.m.

Game 4: No. 2 Steele vs. Winner Game 2, 8 p.m.

Friday’s schedule

Game 5: Loser Game 4 vs. Loser Game 1, 11 a.m.

Game 6: Loser Game 2 vs. Loser Game 3, 2 p.m.

Game 7: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 5 p.m.

Game 8: Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 8 p.m.

Saturday’s schedule

Game 9: Loser Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 1 p.m.

Game 10: Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 9, 4 p.m. (championship game)

Game 11: Championship Game 2, 7 p.m. (if necessary)
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:45 pm

Some info on the teams:

Carrington- number 1 seed, undefeated in the regular season, pitching- bata is basically their only pitcher that is really tough to beat, but they have 2 or 3 more pitchers that are capable of beating any team, hitting- one of their strengths, good hitters 1-6 and their 7-9 hitters make decent contact and get on base sometimes, fielding- another strong part, infield is very good back outfield lacks a strong arm but makes most of the plays

Steele- number 2 seed, lost 3 games in the season, 2 by forfeit to Carrington, made it to state in high school so they have the experience, won the 2006 state championship so they have the most experience in big games, pitching- basically their whole team can pitch, all throw strikes and make the hitters put it in play, bakkum is a good pitcher who throws strikes and locates pitches, hitting- a team that makes solid contact, with a good 1-7 hitters, and good speed and aggressivness on the basepaths, fielding- rarely makes big errors, solid infield outfield and they have a good defensive catcher

Harvey- 3 seed lost 4 games in the season, (steele, carrington, new rockford, maddock), made it to state in high school, pitching- decent staff, 3 or 4 pretty good pitchers, hitting- off and on, sometimes can score 10 runs sometimes can barely get 3 runs, fielding- usually pretty solid, sometimes can make stupid errors but basically good

Maddock- 4 seed, no experience, no coaching, and not very many good players, pitching- they have 1 pitcher and hes not that bad, backstrom is a pretty solid pitcher who throws strikes and throws decently hard, fielding- very weak, makes tons of errors and a bad outfield, hitting- 1-4 hitters are good, the rest are bad

New Rockford- 5 seed, very young, pitching- 2 good pitchers that can beat any team, kolstad and berg, but the rest arent that good, hitting- 1-5 can hit, the rest are ok, fielding- infield is good, outfield lacks some talent

Jamestown- 6 seed, extremely young, good coaching, pitching- very young pitchers, throws strikes, not very deep, fielding- young players, makes some good plays, hitting- not a good hitting team really, 1-4 are good hitters, the rest are off and on

As for the tournament, Carrington has a lot of momentum but Steele has all the experience and leadership with bakkum. My favorite is Steele basically because they won the state tournament and then this year didnt do that bad either at state. I don't know if Carrington will go far because they have never won a big game ever with these players and i don't know if they can take the pressure, and they have only one pitcher. Steele is my pick, whose yours and why?
baseball1981

Postby baseball » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:22 pm

doesnt Sheldon Harding pitch for Carrington?? and who else do they have from midkota?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:50 pm

baseball wrote:doesnt Sheldon Harding pitch for Carrington?? and who else do they have from midkota?
Yeah he does, but he dosen't have anything that's really unhittable, good pitcher but he's beatable, thats about all Carrington has for pitching, Bata and Harding, Christianson plays for them and is a good player, always makes contact, but his defense is questionable sometimes, their not a bad team, i just dont think they have the experience to win the section
baseball1981

Postby tadam6 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:21 pm

they were all there last summer so they do have experince
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:42 pm

tadam6 wrote:they were all there last summer so they do have experince
In big games is what I said, they have never made it to a state tournament, never came close to even winning a sectional tournament in high school or legion, the two midkota kids have, but having two experienced players isint going to help that much...Steele has way more experience than Carrington in big games, that's why they have the edge, that's all im saying, not that carrington isint good, just that steele has more experience...
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:57 am

baseball1981 wrote:
In big games is what I said, they have never made it to a state tournament, never came close to even winning a sectional tournament in high school or legion, the two midkota kids have, but having two experienced players isint going to help that much...Steele has way more experience than Carrington in big games, that's why they have the edge, that's all im saying, not that carrington isint good, just that steele has more experience...

I think he means by Harding and Christonson making it to state with Griggs County.  Thats where they have expierence. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:58 am

baseball1981 wrote:

They have experience with the legion team they played on last year.  Griggs County where Harding and Christianson both were big part of the team.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:38 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

They have experience with the legion team they played on last year.  Griggs County where Harding and Christianson both were big part of the team.

thats the experience he was talking about.  they both played on Griggs County and Midkota so they were at 2 state tournaments last year but behind them i dont know if anyone else has even played in a section/regional championship game
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:30 am

baseball wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

thats the experience he was talking about.  they both played on Griggs County and Midkota so they were at 2 state tournaments last year but behind them i dont know if anyone else has even played in a section/regional championship game
bata and snow played with kensal so they never won anything, and carrington was never any good in high school ball, they had a good legion team 2 years ago and last year but they couldnt get enough guys together so they never won anything, and besides the two midkota kids, nobady has played in any big game, like baseball just said.....u may not think that it matters, but it does
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:57 pm

Scores from wednesday in jamestown

maddock 11
new rockford 9

jamestown 5
harvey 13

thursdays games

carrington vs maddock
harvey vs steele
jamestown vs new rockford

every team thats a contender has their best pitchers still, harvey used their 5 pitcher against jamestown and maddock didnt pitch their ace against new rockford, carrington games at 5, steele games at 8
baseball1981

Postby Dizza30 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:38 pm

who you guys throwing tomorrow baseball 1981
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:42 pm

Dizza30 wrote:who you guys throwing tomorrow baseball 1981
david wangen i think....:)
baseball1981

Postby Dizza30 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:45 pm

baseball1981 wrote:

hahah isnt that the little guy
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:47 pm

Dizza30 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

yeah hes like 5'1 and hes read the new harry potter book 3 times already, ask him something about it, he pretty much memorised the books and movies...
baseball1981

Postby Dizza30 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:48 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
Dizza30 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

yeah hes like 5'1 and hes read the new harry potter book 3 times already, ask him something about it, he pretty much memorised the books and movies...

haha wuts he throw? mid 90's
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:49 pm

Dizza30 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
Dizza30 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

haha wuts he throw? mid 90's
dude.....take that times like 4.8 and thats his change up, im not even goin to say anything about his knuckleball besides its basically uncatchable, so he wont throw it ever
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:58 pm

maddock beat carrington 11-9

harvey beat steele 6-2 in extras

carrington plays jamestown

steele plays new rockford

carrington/jamestown vs steele/newrockford

winner of that game plays harvey/maddock loser and then the winner of that plays harvey/maddock for the championship
baseball1981

Postby Number7 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:24 am

baseball1981 wrote:maddock beat carrington 11-9

winner of that game plays harvey/maddock loser and then the winner of that plays harvey/maddock for the championship

I dont know alot about this section and correct me if im wrong but these were a few pretty big upsets
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:41 am

Number7 wrote:

I dont know alot about this section and correct me if im wrong but these were a few pretty big upsets
The maddock game was a huge upset, maddock has absolutely no pitching left, so it should be a rather easy game for harvey, and whoever makes it to the consolation game against them to get to the championship
baseball1981

Postby Number7 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:53 am

baseball1981 wrote:
Number7 wrote:

The maddock game was a huge upset, maddock has absolutely no pitching left, so it should be a rather easy game for harvey, and whoever makes it to the consolation game against them to get to the championship
So Harvey has a pretty shot at winning it all?  or could steele or carrington easily come back through?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:27 am

nothing is impossible but right now i would say steele is out of it....they need to win 5 games and Bakkum only has 4 innings left.  This is where not having Nick is really going to hurt them.  im guessing Steele threw Martin against NR, and if they win that one probably come back with Randall. or vice versa.  after that im not sure probably Hetletved, maybe Six...they would be going inning by inning until they are eliminated.

Id like to hear what happen in the Carrington game?  who pitched for Carrington and did Maddock jsut get hot or are they the real deal?
Last edited by baseball on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonslayer » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:06 pm

Carrington loses to Jamestown 2-0
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:24 pm

bisonslayer wrote:Carrington loses to Jamestown 2-0

wow after reading the article in the Sun before the tourney i didnt think carrington could be beat.  how did the Steele/NR game turn out?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bisonman » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:43 pm

baseball wrote:nothing is impossible but right now i would say steele is out of it....they need to win 5 games and Bakkum only has 4 innings left.  This is where not having Nick is really going to hurt them.  im guessing Steele threw Martin against NR, and if they win that one probably come back with Randall. or vice versa.  after that im not sure probably Hetletved, maybe Six...they would be going inning by inning until they are eliminated.

Id like to hear what happen in the Carrington game?  who pitched for Carrington and did Maddock jsut get hot or are they the real deal?

Maddock got bloopers after bloopers that fell for hits. We, Carrington completely beat ourselves and our worst games came at the worst part of the season.

Softball tuesday!
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B