State Babe Ruth

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:00 am

that article says luke paulsen....i believe that the catcher is todd paulson....he is the nephew of fshp coach larry fonataine

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball11 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:01 am

InTheKnow wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:i know for a fact Todd Paulsen was playing yesterday i heard his name numerous times on the radio.

Really. I was told he was not going to be at state BR. I know he was with the legion on friday...

Cull’s single propels Grafton to title
The Forum
Published Saturday, August 04, 2007

[align=right]

[/align]
LANGDON, N.D. – Alex Cull’s pinch-hit single drove in Luke Paulson for the winning run in the bottom of the sixth inning, lifting Grafton to a 3-2 victory against Langdon in the championship game of the North Dakota Class B, Section 4 American Legion baseball tournament Friday.

Chad Demers went 3-for-3 with two RBIs for Grafton.

Langdon 000 200 00x–2 7 3

Grafton 101 001 xxx–3 6 1

Chaput and Carpenter. Klinske and Johnson, Paulson (7). W–Klinske. L–Chaput.

That article is incorrect.  That game was the not the championship.
baseball11

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:31 am

0-0 harvey vs grafton in the 5th i think
baseball1981

Postby UND KID » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:53 pm

How did the games turn out on Monday ??

UND KID
UND KID

Postby the mask » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:04 pm

I don't know details, but Harvey won and Casselton won for games 2 & 3 today. Haven't heard the results of Lamoure vs Harvey (game 4)
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:06 pm

lamoure won 5-2
baseball1981

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:49 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:that article says luke paulsen....i believe that the catcher is todd paulson....he is the nephew of fshp coach larry fonataine

I stand corrected. I read it quickly and did not see it said Luke and not Todd. The article was incorrect though in that the game was only the winners round and not the final championship as Langdon came back and won 2 games on sunday to go to state.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby UND KID » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:12 pm

Anyone know the results of the Tuesday games??

UND KID
UND KID

Postby The stokker » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:28 pm

the hope finley lamoure game was prolly the best one of the whole turney i would say with some bad calls from the umps one with midstokke sliding in to thrid safley with no one out the ump called him out and he was obveously safe and midstokke also in the field blocked home plate and the runner was called safe and midstokke showed the ump there was no where to slide and get the plate i think hope finley was better and should have won but lamoure played a good game and hope finleys james ihry shoulda been pulled with a very sore arm
The stokker

Postby baseball11 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:36 pm

Judging by your name I'm guessing you are Midstokke?
baseball11

Postby The stokker » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:45 pm

haha yea
The stokker

Postby UND KID » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:51 pm

The stokker wrote:the hope finley lamoure game was prolly the best one of the whole turney i would say with some bad calls from the umps one with midstokke sliding in to thrid safley with no one out the ump called him out and he was obveously safe and midstokke also in the field blocked home plate and the runner was called safe and midstokke showed the ump there was no where to slide and get the plate i think hope finley was better and should have won but lamoure played a good game and hope finleys james ihry shoulda been pulled with a very sore arm

The call at 3rd base was a very bad call, the ump had bad postion to call the play, the play at home plate was very very close a tough one to call, LaMoure played a very good game as did Hope-Finley 3-2 in 11 innings what more could you ask for in a state tourney game.

UND KID
UND KID

Postby The stokker » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:32 pm

well the play at home i would say he was out from my view haha but i was able to see that he never touched the plate but it was a tough call he made a quick call and it was a fun game to be in i loved playin has anyone got updates from dakota prarie lamoure?? and the next game?
The stokker

Postby UND KID » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:39 pm

The stokker wrote:well the play at home i would say he was out from my view haha but i was able to see that he never touched the plate but it was a tough call he made a quick call and it was a fun game to be in i loved playin has anyone got updates from dakota prarie lamoure?? and the next game?

Just got a call and Lamoure beat Dakota Prairie I believe it was 13 - 12

UND KID
UND KID

Postby The stokker » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:42 pm

wow that musta been something of a game lamoure has my vote to win state i really think they are better than casselton Go loboes
The stokker

Postby UND KID » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:50 pm

The stokker wrote:wow that musta been something of a game lamoure has my vote to win state i really think they are better than casselton Go loboes

I would be surprised if the LOBOES can get Casselton 2 games in a row, Casselton is sitting alot better with pitching, it would be nice to know how their 1st game went.

UND KID
UND KID

Postby The stokker » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:36 pm

but i would say beau sinners arm must be just about ready to fall off and the schumacher kid can't have to much left in the tank they have pitched all but 2 innings this turney or something
The stokker

Postby basketballer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:57 pm

lamoure won the first one against casselton 4-1.
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:00 pm

The stokker wrote:well the play at home i would say he was out from my view haha but i was able to see that he never touched the plate but it was a tough call he made a quick call and it was a fun game to be in i loved playin has anyone got updates from dakota prarie lamoure?? and the next game?

their were a couple calls that didnt go lamoures way either. one example is dunn on a play at first. which would of ended the game.
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:02 pm

Probable Starters for LaMoure and Casselton.

LaMoure- Stemen

Casselton-Sinner

I just thought i would throw that out there.
basketballer

Postby dogg » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:47 am

One thing I'd like to say is the media coverage from this tourney has been aweful.  Can never find any scores on the games, nothing...............even the small town papers, that I've seen, have been bad through out the whole season.  I think they forget about this group of kids. They are just as important as any other team...............
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dogg » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:40 am

Just listing the scores in the paper would be nice.
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketballer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:26 am

what are everyones thoughts on todays championship?
basketballer

Postby basketballer » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:32 am

i think whichever teams pitcher throws strikes will win. getting ahead will be big in this game to put pressure on the other team right away. lamoure is going to be pitching stemen their two pitcher and i am guessing sinner will be pitching for casselton and he is probably their two pitcher. this will be their 5th game against eachother. with lamoure winning 3 of the 4.  this should be a great game.
basketballer

Postby dogg » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:36 am

do you know if this game is on any radio station?
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class B