Drayton Baseball Dynasty, etc

Postby hfs77 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:49 am

Does anyone have any info on the Drayton HS teams from 1958-63 that won six consecutive state titles?  I'd like to see some scores, stats, highlights, etc.  I do know that one Drayton player from that era had a brief major league career, but I wonder if any of the others played anywhere after Drayton?

Also, in looking for some info on this, I stumbled across a website that had a summary of the 1975 State Champions from Tolna.  Their record was 14-0, and they outscored their opponents 137-10, with 9 shutouts.  Any other team completely dominate the opposition over an entire season like that?  I'd be interested in hearing about similar teams.
hfs77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CMO » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:44 pm

I don't have any stats but I might be able to get in touch with someone that would have some for you.  My sister in law's brother played with the pirates in 69 70 71.  Also I'm pretty sure Tommy Knoff pitched in the Yankees organization and Chuck Van Camp also pitched in the Twins and Orioles organization.  If you need anything send me your e mail to [url=mailto:chris@hansonai.com]chris@hansonai.com[/url].

CMO
CMO
NDPreps Rookie

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:55 am

hfs77 wrote:Does anyone have any info on the Drayton HS teams from 1958-63 that won six consecutive state titles?  I'd like to see some scores, stats, highlights, etc.  I do know that one Drayton player from that era had a brief major league career, but I wonder if any of the others played anywhere after Drayton?

Also, in looking for some info on this, I stumbled across a website that had a summary of the 1975 State Champions from Tolna.  Their record was 14-0, and they outscored their opponents 137-10, with 9 shutouts.  Any other team completely dominate the opposition over an entire season like that?  I'd be interested in hearing about similar teams.

I'm from Tolna, and I asked my father on about the tolna team. He was a freshman that year, but I had a couple uncles that played on the team 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Return to Class B