Top Teams in each Section

Postby PA42 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:38 pm

justbrowsing wrote:I don't think most people understand how good baseball is in that region.  Every high school season, there are at least three teams in that region that could compete at the state tournament - this year it was Thompson, Hatton-Northwood, and CV.  When the summer season starts, the league takes all of those teams from the spring and adds Hope and Casselton (and the Fargo Bombers who are usually decent).   It probably isn't a stretch to say that the best baseball region in the state (top to bottom) is located in that area.
i'll tell you what there is not a bad team in the league. Not to mention that gardner has defeated the bombers twice and beat cv/hillsboro. Mpcg has given scares to the likes of hatton, cv, and hope. THis is one time that you can say that from top to bottom this is the best league in the state.
PA42

Postby baller01 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:59 am

Monday's game between LaMoure and Linton will be a battle of the two top teams in section 2 I believe.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:33 am

has paul been pitching for linton tihs summer?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:47 pm

baseball wrote:has paul been pitching for linton tihs summer?

Ya he has. He has had a couple great outings and a couple not so great outings. Of course the games he didn't pitch good I didn't catch for him...;) haha jk.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:48 pm

any word yet if paul is going to join the jimmies? has he tried out for them or has he committed or signed anything yet?
rep

Postby baseball » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:58 pm

rep wrote:any word yet if paul is going to join the jimmies? has he tried out for them or has he committed or signed anything yet?

i thought he signed with mary??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:15 pm

baseball wrote:
rep wrote:any word yet if paul is going to join the jimmies? has he tried out for them or has he committed or signed anything yet?

i thought he signed with mary??

dunno, could be? thought he was talking about the jimmies at one point.
rep

Postby baseball » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:32 pm

maybe he is, i think it was during the fall when i heard that.  maybe he changed his mind
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:23 pm

He is going to Jamestown but thinking of just walking on his freshman year.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:51 pm

LaMoure blanked Linton 8-0.

Watkins threw a 1-hitter and lost it in the seventh.
Paul only gave up 2 earned runs of the 8.

Jamestown's head baseball coach was at the game and clocked Paul at 82 on the gun.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:28 am

baller01 wrote:LaMoure blanked Linton 8-0.

Jamestown's head baseball coach was at the game and clocked Paul at 82 on the gun.

Do you happen to know if Watkins got clocked?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tadam6 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:22 am

i sure hope he can throw other pitches for strikes because 82 isn't gonna get you far in college ball...
tadam6

Postby berry186 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:23 pm

tadam6 wrote:

i sure hope he can throw other pitches for strikes because 82 isn't gonna get you far in college ball...
they both threw 82       they said watkins was more consistent with 82 and paul was up and down
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:00 pm

berry186 wrote:
tadam6 wrote:

they both threw 82       they said watkins was more consistent with 82 and paul was up and down

Remember...this is the first sport Paul has played in 2 years. That's 2 years of no sport and no weight lifting. A lot of pitching comes from the legs. He was clocked at 85 before he got hurt. Take two years off of physical activity and see how much muscle you lose in your legs. He has a long ways to go to be a good pitcher but he definately has potential.

As for Watkins he threw a very good ball game. Kept hitters off balance by changing speeds very nicely. Both are very good athletes.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:26 pm

beulahs a top team in their section, 20 some of 4 or somethin like that, they played harvey today and won big, lorenz threw for the first time since his surgery and his fastball didnt have much command, curveball was decent, beaulah is a solid team in the field and hitting, i dk how much pitching they have tho...
baseball1981

Postby tadam6 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:32 pm

why do you say "tanner lorenz"....just say ..."I" ...or "me"
tadam6

Postby Dizza30 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:36 pm

hey not a bad idea TA...hahaha
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:11 am

baseball1981 wrote:beulahs a top team in their section, 20 some of 4 or somethin like that, they played harvey today and won big, lorenz threw for the first time since his surgery and his fastball didnt have much command, curveball was decent, beaulah is a solid team in the field and hitting, i dk how much pitching they have tho...

i agree beulah is a very very tough team in their section they are undefeated in their section and they can hit the ball and have 2 pretty good pitchers bauman and hausauer
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:09 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1468]horne98[/user] wrote:
justbrowsing wrote:I don't think most people understand how good baseball is in that region.  Every high school season, there are at least three teams in that region that could compete at the state tournament - this year it was Thompson, Hatton-Northwood, and CV.  When the summer season starts, the league takes all of those teams from the spring and adds Hope and Casselton (and the Fargo Bombers who are usually decent).   It probably isn't a stretch to say that the best baseball region in the state (top to bottom) is located in that area.
i'll tell you what there is not a bad team in the league. Not to mention that gardner has defeated the bombers twice and beat cv/hillsboro. Mpcg has given scares to the likes of hatton, cv, and hope. THis is one time that you can say that from top to bottom this is the best league in the state.
</span>

I'll say it has been that way for the last 3-4 years. Prior to this season, i played two years on the bombers and all the teams in our section were pretty good. The thing was, our coaches kept talking about how they were better in previous years, and that they had actually lost talent over the summers.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:57 pm

I just heard that Thompson is going to get Jacob Wurtz back just in time for the league tourney.  This will make them even better.  They are my favorite to win state right now.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:07 pm

cubsfan wrote:I just heard that Thompson is going to get Jacob Wurtz back just in time for the league tourney.  This will make them even better.  They are my favorite to win state right now.

was thompson missing a lot of people when they were at the jamestown tournament? i know they were missing both of the kjemhus boys when they lost to lamoure on the last day (i think they only fielded nine players that day), but i think they ended up going 1-3 in that tournament. granted, two of the other losses were to jamestown and mandan, who aren't class b.

they seemed to have some great flashes but they also seemed to have as many downs as ups by the end of their games.
rep

Postby Tigger » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:02 am

the Tommies are notorious for not throwing their best pitchers in tournaments.  put mr. wurtz with kjemhus^2, greek, swat, syrstad, and kvidt and they'll be very tough to beat. 
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:06 am

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1468]horne98[/user] wrote:
</span>

I'll say it has been that way for the last 3-4 years. Prior to this season, i played two years on the bombers and all the teams in our section were pretty good. The thing was, our coaches kept talking about how they were better in previous years, and that they had actually lost talent over the summers.

I'd say the bombers the past couple years were as good as they had been in quite a while.  they just haven't had the tournament success since sectional play began.  I'd say section 3 has been the best since sectional play began in 2002.  3 has produced 3 champions (2002, 2003, 2004) a runner up (2005) and an underperforming 5th at state (2006) and had other teams in the league each year that could have done just as well if not better including last year's bombers
Last edited by Tigger on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:48 am

can someone explain to me how it used to be to qualify for state, and is the new way fair to sections that have two teams like last year (bombers and thompson) that would've been very competitive at a state tournament?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class B