Legion

Postby Ace_07 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:58 am

Last edited by Ace_07 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ace_07 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:09 am

baseball wrote:k i wasnt at the game so someone has to clue me in...did he stay in the game after hte colision, if he did he was ok. if he didnt, hes not ok.  another question....how is the 3rd baseman a cheap player for complaining??

it wasnt really the complaining...it was the fact that after he hit a weak homerun.. when he ran by hausauer he called him a name....and then when goin through the line to shake hands he swore at him
Last edited by Ace_07 on Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ace_07 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:13 am

baseball1981 wrote:
baseball wrote:k i wasnt at the game so someone has to clue me in...did he stay in the game after hte colision, if he did he was ok. if he didnt, hes not ok.  another question....how is the 3rd baseman a cheap player for complaining??
the player that took the hit had to stay in the game because they only had 9 players, he was obviously in pain, if you woulda been there you woulda seen that

it seemed like he was pitching fine to me...still hitting the zone as much as he had been before
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:26 am

Ace_07 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
the player that took the hit had to stay in the game because they only had 9 players, he was obviously in pain, if you woulda been there you woulda seen that

it seemed like he was pitching fine to me...still hitting the zone as much as he had been before

k that just shows hes ok.....not the fact that he stayed in the game to play but he was still pitching.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby the low down » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:07 pm

Thanks triple.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:22 pm

Ace_07 wrote:

it wasnt really the complaining...it was the fact that after he hit a weak homerun.. when he ran by hausauer he called him a name....and then when goin through the line to shake hands he swore at him

thats still not cheap....thats bad sportsmanship.  there is a difference
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ace_07 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:29 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
Ace_07 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
Ace_07 wrote:
Number7 wrote:The West Fargo Aces are 5-0 and the only undefeated team in Section 1 with wins against perennial conference power Galchutt 12-6 in a game that was not as close as the final score and beat previously unbeaten Enderlin on Tues. 11-0.

Beulah beat Enderlin 5-2 in the Bismarck tourney...they werent that great...but they definetly arent terrible either

And Beulah is currently 9-0...with two tourney championships...being the Bismarck B Classic with Enderlin, the Bis Reps, Mandan A's, Fargo White Sox, Washburn, Kindred and Dickinson being in that tourney. And they also won the tourney they hosted with Renville County, Harvey, and Hazen being in that one(Mayville was supposed to be in it but they backed out three days before the tourney).  And they play dickinson tomorrow in section games.

do you what time the game is tomorrow? and who are  Beulahs top players? 
beulah has hausauer (sp?) but he is a really cheap player, he lowered his shoulder in the beulah tournament and crushed a player, didnt even say anything to him either, pretty bad sportsmanship, but hes a good player, their best players seemed to be 3rd, 2nd, and ss and maybe their first baseman

okay...first of all...he didnt lower his shoulder...he put his head down to run out the play..which is what you are told to do when you hit a pop fly...he ran into the guy ya..but he was fine...and besides..you want to talk about a cheap player...how about your third baseman...he wouldnt stop cryin about the play...thats all you could hear from the dugout...and then goin through the line he told him to f-off...thats good sportsmanship?
he should have been ejected, but the umps were both from beulah so thats not gonna happen, 2nd, he should have gone over and said sorry or something, 3rd, he was not ok, obviosly, he was on the ground rolling around for 2 minutes, that means hes ok? haha good one

what about the other two people that collided on the first base line earlier in the tourney...was that player ejected?
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Postby JimboJoe » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:46 am

Carrington ten runs Harvey 11-1 in Harvey. Bata throws one hitter with seven K's and 3 walks.
JimboJoe
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball1981 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:19 am

JimboJoe wrote:Carrington ten runs Harvey 11-1 in Harvey. Bata throws one hitter with seven K's and 3 walks.
bata pitched good, and had good control, wasnt throwing too hard but he looked like he wasnt throwing as hard as he could, i dk if he could hit 90 quite yet, but its in reach for him
baseball1981

Postby rep » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:08 pm

speaking of bata, i did a q&a session with him on my blog. if anyone is interested in giving it a read, here is the link:

http://www.areavoices.com/ost/?blog=9798
rep

Postby baseball11 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:38 pm

rep wrote:speaking of bata, i did a q&a session with him on my blog. if anyone is interested in giving it a read, here is the link:

http://www.areavoices.com/ost/?blog=9798

Baseball does feel slow when you walk a ton of players.
baseball11

Postby Ace_07 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:05 am

scc wrote:Does anyone know how Beulah did at Thompson yesterday?  They're playing Hope-Finley right now (webcast at kmavradio.com).  Beulah will be at Mayville tomorrow.

they split with thompson...12-4(Beulah),and 6-5(Thompson)
You're killin me smalls!
Ace_07
NDPreps Starter

Postby the mask » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:17 pm

so is there any thought on who will be going to state out of thompsons hatton and fshp section taht area?
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby deere » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:40 pm

Ive heard that some sections have started today and others start on wednesday....isnt that unfair to the teams who's sectionals are starting on wednesday? I say that because the time span between the chamionship game and the first day of state is two days of rest, mon and tuesday. Thats giving an advantage to the teams who started the sectionals earlier. More likely then not, your going to want to throw your best pitcher championship of sections and then come time for state his arm won't be up to speed necsisarly as a pitcher from a section who started earlier. I think there is a rule saying how all sections have to start sectionals on the same day but yet some teams are already playing?!
deere

Postby PA42 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:37 am

scc wrote:
the mask wrote:so is there any thought on who will be going to state out of thompsons hatton and fshp section taht area?

Thompson
i totally agree with you. but i feel that both casselton and gardner are dark horses that have a chance to make the championship game. I don't think they will go to state but stranger things have happened.
PA42

Postby Number7 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:59 pm

deere wrote:Ive heard that some sections have started today and others start on wednesday....isnt that unfair to the teams who's sectionals are starting on wednesday? I say that because the time span between the chamionship game and the first day of state is two days of rest, mon and tuesday. Thats giving an advantage to the teams who started the sectionals earlier. More likely then not, your going to want to throw your best pitcher championship of sections and then come time for state his arm won't be up to speed necsisarly as a pitcher from a section who started earlier. I think there is a rule saying how all sections have to start sectionals on the same day but yet some teams are already playing?!

that is a great point,  there is no way some teams should get that advantage over others  I dont know if there are any rules about start time but they should all end on the same day because some tournaments (section1) allow everyone to compete in the tournament and have to add an extra day for two other teams and punish the top 2
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby deere » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:17 pm

this comes straight from the rule book

SECTIONAL TOURNAMENTS - All teams in Class B competition will participate in
Sectional Tournaments to be completed by August 6, 2007, inclusive, under the supervision of
the Department Athletic Officer or his appointee. At least one week before the Sectional
Tournament, the Department Athletic Officer in charge of the Section will call a meeting of
Team Managers in the Section to make the drawings for the Sectional Tournament. The
Sectional Tournament Manager will return all Form 1 to the teams upon their elimination from
the Sectional Tournament. The forms of the winning team are given to the Department Athletic
Officer. The winner of each Sectional Tournament will advance to the State Class B American
Legion Baseball Tournament. The Department Sectional Representative will handle copies of
Form 1 and birth certificates.

They should change it so that a certain section has the upper hand coming into the state tourney...
deere

Postby baseball » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:31 pm

deere wrote:this comes straight from the rule book

Sectional Tournaments to be completed by August 6, 2007, inclusive, under the supervision of
the Department Athletic Officer or his appointee. At least one week before the Sectional
Tournament, the Department Athletic Officer in charge of the Section will call a meeting of
Team Managers in the Section to make the drawings for the Sectional Tournament. The
Sectional Tournament Manager will return all Form 1 to the teams upon their elimination from
the Sectional Tournament. The forms of the winning team are given to the Department Athletic
Officer. The winner of each Sectional Tournament will advance to the State Class B American
Legion Baseball Tournament. The Department Sectional Representative will handle copies of

They should change it so that a certain section has the upper hand coming into the state tourney...

what is the Form 1??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby deere » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:43 pm

baseball wrote:

what is the Form 1??

no idea
deere

Postby baseball11 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:18 pm

I'm guessing it's the form that makes you responsible for any injuries you may occur and whatnot.
baseball11

Postby Tigger » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:33 am

deere wrote:
baseball wrote:

what is the Form 1??

no idea

Form 1 is the team roster.  Read a little further in the ND Legion rulebook and you will see this "August 1-5       Class B Sectional Tournaments".  Playing the section early not only gives an advantage in the Legion tourney, but it allows any team in that area in the Babe Ruth tournament to have all of their players available.  Sections that start on the 3rd would still be playing the first two days of state Babe Ruth, so unless those teams bombed in the first 3 days they'd be at a disadvantage.
Last edited by Tigger on Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:03 am

the mask wrote:so is there any thought on who will be going to state out of thompsons hatton and fshp section taht area?

If Thompson gets back Jacob Wurtz, they'll be a heavy favorite to win section 3.  If not, they'll probably still be the favorite though definitely not a sure thing.  Any of the teams in that section are capable of an upset though I wouldn't be surprised if Hope-Finley found a way to win it.  Derek Neset is capable of beating any of the teams on the mound, but they'll need a few guys to step up their game as they've struggled recently.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:12 am

i talked to wurtz the other nite and he's not gonna be coming back for the rest of the legion season.....he will stay in edmonton and finish the season there and then head back to iowa western
tadam6

Postby cubsfan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:26 am

tadam6 wrote:i talked to wurtz the other nite and he's not gonna be coming back for the rest of the legion season.....he will stay in edmonton and finish the season there and then head back to iowa western
That is good for all the other teams in the section.  But they will still make it to state.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:26 am

cubsfan wrote:
tadam6 wrote:i talked to wurtz the other nite and he's not gonna be coming back for the rest of the legion season.....he will stay in edmonton and finish the season there and then head back to iowa western
That is good for all the other teams in the section.  But they will still make it to state.
don't be so sure.
PA42

PreviousNext

Return to Class B