Underrated players

Postby sifuentes09 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:59 pm

I think that zach sager from munich/starkweather/cando is the most underrated player in the state. I hear he has a nasty gyro ball.
Click-Clack
sifuentes09
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Thu May 31, 2007 9:07 pm

everyone has a nasty gyro ball since no one actually knows what it does....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tadam6 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:10 am

sifuentes09 wrote:I think that zach sager from munich/starkweather/cando is the most underrated player in the state. I hear he has a nasty gyro ball.

shut up....nobody knows who zach sager is....he throws 20 mph and bats under .300...plus your from munich so stop talkin him up...
tadam6

Postby brownbomber » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:26 am

baseball wrote:everyone has a nasty gyro ball since no one actually knows what it does....

opposite of a curve
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby sifuentes09 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:23 am

i no was just trying to see how much crap people talk about him. it was a joke
Click-Clack
sifuentes09
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Jrod26 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:42 am

sifuentes09 wrote:i no was just trying to see how much crap people talk about him. it was a joke

hahaha omg
The harder its comin the farther its goin.
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:04 am

brownbomber wrote:
baseball wrote:everyone has a nasty gyro ball since no one actually knows what it does....

opposite of a curve

theres one theory
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jrod26 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:05 am

idk i guess you could say the munich team a little bit.     does anyone give them any credit at all?? i mean even if they blow the thompson game (which everyone said theyd get killed) they played a pretty tough game in my opinion.   but im from munich soo i may think differently than any of you peeps.
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby utilityman51 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:21 am

Jrod26 wrote:idk i guess you could say the munich team a little bit.     does anyone give them any credit at all?? i mean even if they blow the thompson game (which everyone said theyd get killed) they played a pretty tough game in my opinion.   but im from munich soo i may think differently than any of you peeps.

no not really. there only runs are from ball 4(which they werent even up there to swing) and an error. i think they have one or two hits.
utilityman51

Postby Stromer » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:48 am

utilityman51 wrote:
Jrod26 wrote:idk i guess you could say the munich team a little bit.     does anyone give them any credit at all?? i mean even if they blow the thompson game (which everyone said theyd get killed) they played a pretty tough game in my opinion.   but im from munich soo i may think differently than any of you peeps.

no not really. there only runs are from ball 4(which they werent even up there to swing) and an error. i think they have one or two hits.

So maybe they got timely gifts but they still have held thompson to 1 run.  People said that the pitching would be the reason they lost.  Well so far it is the reason they should beat a very good team.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:46 am

congrats to munich on the win but their bats are gonna have to come alive if they plan on doing well in this tournament....it only gets tougher as you move through the brackets...
tadam6

Postby Jrod26 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:30 am

utilityman51 wrote:

how can you say they werent up there to swing? and y would anyone wanna go up to the plate and swing at balls when a pitcher is struggling? unless they are you of course.  if you dont mind me asking what kind of batting average did you have? and how many hits did thompson have? umm 0 until the fifth inning and then they ended up with 2.      sooo what they didnt have 10 hits that game, they still won didnt they? or am i mistaken??
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jrod26 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:52 pm

does anyone think munich is underrated yet?
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:00 pm

Jrod26 wrote:does anyone think munich is underrated yet?

i dont know of a person who said they were bad but how about you prove yourself tommorow before you talk huh?  you won 2 games...good job
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jrod26 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:16 pm

baseball wrote:

i dont know of a person who said they were bad but how about you prove yourself tommorow before you talk huh?  you won 2 games...good job

hey dude im not a player. i graduated last year. but you go into some of the other topics and see what people said about munich and the region they came from and then you come back and talk to me.  was i being cocky or asking a question??
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jrod26 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:18 pm

baseball wrote:

people from a town close by (langdon) said we would get ten runned every game and then the state would see what a joke our region was and change up the whole state's regions. soooo idk i just think this is pretty sweet being the crappy team we are. dont you think?
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:21 pm

still....prove yourself first?  you dont bring up your own team and ask if they are underrated.  i will admit i did overlook them but they made state.  if i think a team is underrated its FSHP....that 14-12 record or whatever it was thats not the record a team like that should have
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jrod26 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:25 pm

baseball wrote:still....prove yourself first?  you dont bring up your own team and ask if they are underrated.  i will admit i did overlook them but they made state.  if i think a team is underrated its FSHP....that 14-12 record or whatever it was thats not the record a team like that should have

ya i know what you mean man. but still look at the other topics and you tell me if that would make you a little upset.  and ya im with you on the FSHP. they gave steele a pretty good scare. and that was pretty sweet they came from a play-in game all the way to state.
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:49 am

baseball wrote:
brownbomber wrote:

opposite of a curve

theres one theory

look it up man,you snap your wrist opposite of a curve,so you snap outward
Last edited by brownbomber on Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:58 am

brownbomber wrote:
baseball wrote:
brownbomber wrote:

opposite of a curve

theres one theory

look it up man,you snap your wrist opposite of a curve,so you snap outward

yea did you watch the story ESPN had on it?  that was ONE theory fo maybe 5-6, some others i remember were it has cruveball spin but doesnt move, rise ball, "double" screw ball (for a right hander it starts int he middle then tails in then back over the plate)
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ricky bobby » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:07 pm

we already had this discussion about the gyro in another topic.....
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaseballForLife » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:36 am

i think Brooks backes is underated. Coming into the state tourny everyone was talking about 3 poeple....Lorenz, Kliniske, and bakkum. But Backes dominated. I think people should give him alittle more credit.
BaseballForLife

Postby BaseballForLife » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:44 am

Clay Kallias is a good pitcher as well.
BaseballForLife

Postby baseball11 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:05 am

BaseballForLife wrote:i think Brooks backes is underated. Coming into the state tourny everyone was talking about 3 poeple....Lorenz, Kliniske, and bakkum. But Backes dominated. I think people should give him alittle more credit.

Kind of reminds me of Bakkum last year.  He was considered a good pitcher, but he just shut teams down in the tourney.
baseball11

Postby Jrod26 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:20 pm

BaseballForLife wrote:i think Brooks backes is underated. Coming into the state tourny everyone was talking about 3 poeple....Lorenz, Kliniske, and bakkum. But Backes dominated. I think people should give him alittle more credit.

im with you man. i watched him pitch against munich and he has some great stuff. he definately deserved tourney mvp.
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class B