Underrated players

Postby baseball007 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:30 pm

Jrod26 wrote:
BaseballForLife wrote:i think Brooks backes is underated. Coming into the state tourny everyone was talking about 3 poeple....Lorenz, Kliniske, and bakkum. But Backes dominated. I think people should give him alittle more credit.

im with you man. i watched him pitch against munich and he has some great stuff. he definately deserved tourney mvp.

he also stard 2 7 inning games in 4 days... thats impressive considering he pitched just as well if not better in the second start as the first.
baseball007
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:39 pm

he didnt start, he came in in the 2nd but close enough haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BaseballForLife » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:05 pm

baseball007 wrote:
Jrod26 wrote:
BaseballForLife wrote:i think Brooks backes is underated. Coming into the state tourny everyone was talking about 3 poeple....Lorenz, Kliniske, and bakkum. But Backes dominated. I think people should give him alittle more credit.

im with you man. i watched him pitch against munich and he has some great stuff. he definately deserved tourney mvp.

he also stard 2 7 inning games in 4 days... thats impressive considering he pitched just as well if not better in the second start as the first.

I can't wait till next year to see him pitch. He's only going to get better.
BaseballForLife

Postby Jrod26 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:25 pm

BaseballForLife wrote:
baseball007 wrote:
Jrod26 wrote:

I can't wait till next year to see him pitch. He's only going to get better.

i hear you dude....i just hope i dont have to watch him pitch against munich(if they make it) next year lol even though he was still fun to watch.
The harder its comin the farther its goin.
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby slugger5 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:54 pm

Jrod26 wrote:
baseball wrote:still....prove yourself first?  you dont bring up your own team and ask if they are underrated.  i will admit i did overlook them but they made state.  if i think a team is underrated its FSHP....that 14-12 record or whatever it was thats not the record a team like that should have

ya i know what you mean man. but still look at the other topics and you tell me if that would make you a little upset.  and ya im with you on the FSHP. they gave steele a pretty good scare. and that was pretty sweet they came from a play-in game all the way to state.

ok FSHP had a good run but not a good season... they got beat by more than 10 runs several times... they didnt play a single good game until the regional tourney... but i gotta hand it to them... they played well when it counted... thats all you can say
slugger5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:39 pm

I think Dusty Brend is underrated.  I don't think a lot of people know him across the state.  He batted .540 with a wood bat.  His defense is usually flawless but had a bad fielding episode at the region tournament.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Class B