Gatorade Player of the Year

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:00 pm

baseball1981

Postby web17 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:23 pm

hasnt he been hurt for most of the year???
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:24 pm

web17 wrote:hasnt he been hurt for most of the year???
yea, i dk, he might not have deserved it, probably got it because of last year, idk
baseball1981

Postby web17 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:45 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
web17 wrote:hasnt he been hurt for most of the year???
yea, i dk, he might not have deserved it, probably got it because of last year, idk

well no offense to the guy...i guess he throws gas...but how can he get an award if he isnt on the field....?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:47 pm

how is that award chosen
tadam6

Postby basketballer » Thu May 24, 2007 3:50 pm

congrats to him.
basketballer

Postby baseball » Thu May 24, 2007 3:50 pm

05 kyle carr....played for bismarck but from a b school
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tadam6 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:52 pm

thats sweet that a B player got it...congrats to lorenz
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:52 pm

baseball wrote:05 kyle carr....played for bismarck but from a b school
right but he still played for a class a school
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:54 pm

tadam6 wrote:how is that award chosen
the award is chosen based on how well a player plays, best chance to get drafted, and who they think will be the best player out of each state, thats what i read on perfectgame.org
baseball1981

Postby ndfan » Thu May 24, 2007 4:28 pm

Gatorade State Players of the Year are selected not only for their outstanding athletic performance, but for their academic achievement and exemplary personal character.

The selection process is administered by RISE Magazine, the nation's leading sports and lifestyle magazine for teens. Featuring an editorial staff of prep sports writers from across the nation, RISE has comprehensively covered the world of high school sports for more than a decade and its 25 regionalized editions are currently distributed in more than 6,500 high schools nationwide.

In narrowing and evaluating the list of candidates for Gatorade State Player of the Year honors, RISE works with top sport-specific experts and a media advisory board of accomplished, veteran prep sports journalists.

All state winners are automatically eligible for the Gatorade National Player of the Year award in their respective sports.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 24, 2007 5:21 pm

i also saw he got perfectgames player of the state award
Last edited by baseball1981 on Thu May 24, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby ndfan » Thu May 24, 2007 5:32 pm

[user=2819]baseball1981[/user] wrote:
i also saw he got perfectgames player of the state award

Congrats to you, best of luck in the future.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ace » Sat May 26, 2007 4:01 pm

he got the award becuz even with a sore arm nobody could touch him.... and tanner had 3 straight at bats this year where he hit a homerun... and i remember ppl saying how terrible of a hitter he was... i dont think 3 homeruns in a row is lucky
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby power-aid14 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:16 pm

ace wrote:he got the award becuz even with a sore arm nobody could touch him.... and tanner had 3 straight at bats this year where he hit a homerun... and i remember ppl saying how terrible of a hitter he was... i dont think 3 homeruns in a row is lucky

true.... the kid can play but the award is also based on potential and lets be reasonable.....he has the best chance at a future in the sport
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ace » Sat May 26, 2007 8:05 pm

power-aid14 wrote:
ace wrote:he got the award becuz even with a sore arm nobody could touch him.... and tanner had 3 straight at bats this year where he hit a homerun... and i remember ppl saying how terrible of a hitter he was... i dont think 3 homeruns in a row is lucky

true.... the kid can play but the award is also based on potential and lets be reasonable.....he has the best chance at a future in the sport

ya thats true.... here is a good article on the day tanner had in the regionals, but im not really sure if it works... it did the first time i went into it, so im guessing you can only check it once and otherwise you have to sign in to look at http://www.jamestownsun.com/account/index.cfm?user=login&return_page=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ejamestownsun%2Ecom%2Farticles%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Fid%3D49859%26section%3DSports
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:20 pm

baseball1981 wrote:i also saw he got perfectgames player of the state award

i like how you refer to yourself in the 3rd person....you could just as well as said....I also got perfect games player of the year.....what is perfect game player of the year anyway...
tadam6

Postby baseball » Sun May 27, 2007 8:23 pm

tadam6 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:i also saw he got perfectgames player of the state award

i like how you refer to yourself in the 3rd person....you could just as well as said....I also got perfect games player of the year.....what is perfect game player of the year anyway...

its an office pool that they posted the results online....click the link he posted before and read the paragraph before the list of players.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Sun May 27, 2007 8:26 pm

hmmm.. who started this topic?? PRETTY OBVIOUS
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun May 27, 2007 8:29 pm

ace wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:

ya thats true.... here is a good article on the day tanner had in the regionals, but im not really sure if it works... it did the first time i went into it, so im guessing you can only check it once and otherwise you have to sign in to look at http://www.jamestownsun.com/account/index.cfm?user=login&return_page=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ejamestownsun%2Ecom%2Farticles%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Fid%3D49859%26section%3DSports

Adam Dunn.....2 things happen in his at bats, home run or a strikeout.  just because he hits 3 HRS in 3 straight does not make him a good hitter.  kids that big and strong, of course they will hit homeruns if they hit it square, but 3 hr's in a row does not make him a great hitter.  i've hit 2 Hr's in one game twice in my life and by no means am i power hitter....kids get lucky
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby brownbomber » Mon May 28, 2007 8:24 am

or else he was having a real good game
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Mon May 28, 2007 9:09 am

hes not a good hitter, hes hitting like .275 this year, and off not so great pitching, i wouldnt be scared of him if i was pitching against him
baseball1981

Postby tadam6 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:25 pm

stop refering to yourself as "him"...
tadam6

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon May 28, 2007 7:46 pm

It's tough to argue with the recent Class A players who have won the award previously... Charlie Shirek of Minot, a DI pitcher, Kyle Carr playing for Bismarck High, a DI pitcher, Tyler Lundy for Minot, ripping it up at a top DI juco... I think a lot of it is based on reputation anyway. I don't really think Gatorade has representatives in each state watching all these kids play.

Y-not Daily

Postby dodgerfan » Wed May 30, 2007 7:50 am

Y-not Daily wrote:It's tough to argue with the recent Class A players who have won the award previously... Charlie Shirek of Minot, a DI pitcher, Kyle Carr playing for Bismarck High, a DI pitcher, Tyler Lundy for Minot, ripping it up at a top DI juco... I think a lot of it is based on reputation anyway. I don't really think Gatorade has representatives in each state watching all these kids play.

i was talking to one of the minot coaches this last weekend and they said that lundy has a good chance at getting drafted
dodgerfan

Next

Return to Class B