Big Numbers

Postby hfs77 » Thu May 24, 2007 11:44 am

Let's hear some impressive numbers put up over the years in Class B Baseball (High School or Legion)

For example, Marty McDonald from Munich tossing three no-hitters as a sophmore (early 90's), or Cory Pladson from Hatton hitting 19 & 20 home runs each of his last two seasons of Legion ball (late 90's)....anyone remember that guy from Sawyer (I think) who hit 30 bombs in one legion season?

Also, does anyone know of any type of resource for state baseball records?  I'd like to check it out if it exists.
hfs77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hfs77 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:07 pm

oh, and one other thing.  anyone remember in the mid-90's, a kid hit 5 homeruns in one game during the legion season?  I forget who he played for, but i'm pretty sure it was against Maddock.
hfs77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tingly » Thu May 24, 2007 12:30 pm

Possible resources I thought of are the NDHSAA, a state HS baseball coach association if ND has one, or the state Legion baseball chair.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Thu May 24, 2007 12:34 pm

Was the guy from Sawyer Doug Herr? or something like that....I remember he had a pretty big bat.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tingly » Thu May 24, 2007 12:45 pm

Could be. He's listed as one of U of Mary's home run season and career leaders. http://www.umary.edu/UM/Athletics/Baseb ... ecords.htm
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:30 pm

hfs77 wrote:Let's hear some impressive numbers put up over the years in Class B Baseball (High School or Legion)

For example, Marty McDonald from Munich tossing three no-hitters as a sophmore (early 90's), or Cory Pladson from Hatton hitting 19 & 20 home runs each of his last two seasons of Legion ball (late 90's)....anyone remember that guy from Sawyer (I think) who hit 30 bombs in one legion season?

Also, does anyone know of any type of resource for state baseball records?  I'd like to check it out if it exists.

did pladson play college ball?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby hfs77 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:27 pm

web17 wrote:
hfs77 wrote:Let's hear some impressive numbers put up over the years in Class B Baseball (High School or Legion)

Yeah, he played at Cowley County CC in Kansas (same JuCo that Travis Haffner went to) then played at an NAIA school in Kansas.  He played both outfield & pitcher, and was All-Conf his senior year as a pitcher.

hfs77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby web17 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:25 pm

hfs77 wrote:
web17 wrote:

Yeah, he played at Cowley County CC in Kansas (same JuCo that Travis Haffner went to) then played at an NAIA school in Kansas.  He played both outfield & pitcher, and was All-Conf his senior year as a pitcher.

sweet. the guy could play.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby allsport » Fri May 25, 2007 2:36 am

What about the guy from DLB about 3-4 years ago?  Horst? (unsure of spelling)
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Sat May 26, 2007 3:41 pm

hfs77 wrote:oh, and one other thing.  anyone remember in the mid-90's, a kid hit 5 homeruns in one game during the legion season?  I forget who he played for, but i'm pretty sure it was against Maddock.

chad keller from fessenden hit 5 homeruns in a game against maddock in the 90's.... another guy on that team was travis hafner
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby hfs77 » Sat May 26, 2007 4:09 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
hfs77 wrote:oh, and one other thing.  anyone remember in the mid-90's, a kid hit 5 homeruns in one game during the legion season?  I forget who he played for, but i'm pretty sure it was against Maddock.

chad keller from fessenden hit 5 homeruns in a game against maddock in the 90's.... another guy on that team was travis hafner

cool, thanks.  that's what I was thinking of....
hfs77
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class B