State Finals

Postby BaseballForLife » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:51 am

baseball wrote:
BaseballForLife wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:For bragging himself up on this site and being named the 2007 Gatorade player of the year, I have got to say that I was not at all impressed with Lorenz when I watched him yesterday. He can throw hard but has very little control. His step off the mound was pointed in the right direction but then his body would sort of fall to my right his left and I think that was what was causing him to throw wildly. Velva had plenty of opportunitied to get runs in and it was just a matter of time before they unleashed like they did. I was assuming that the pressure of the day maybe got to him and he had a bad outing but according to the folks from Harvey and Velva he has had some control issues all along. All in all, it was a fun game to watch.

Well im guessin you didnt hear that his elbow is worn out and that he is getting surgery this summer. He threw 195 pitches at their regional and took them to state. He is for sure the Gatorade Player of the year.

but not senior of the year or all tournament team????  he cant throw strikes, good teams with good patience will beat him everytime

His arm is not good at all right. If he's hea;thy and at full strength, nobody will beat him.
BaseballForLife

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:52 am

BaseballForLife wrote:
baseball wrote:
BaseballForLife wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:For bragging himself up on this site and being named the 2007 Gatorade player of the year, I have got to say that I was not at all impressed with Lorenz when I watched him yesterday. He can throw hard but has very little control. His step off the mound was pointed in the right direction but then his body would sort of fall to my right his left and I think that was what was causing him to throw wildly. Velva had plenty of opportunitied to get runs in and it was just a matter of time before they unleashed like they did. I was assuming that the pressure of the day maybe got to him and he had a bad outing but according to the folks from Harvey and Velva he has had some control issues all along. All in all, it was a fun game to watch.

Well im guessin you didnt hear that his elbow is worn out and that he is getting surgery this summer. He threw 195 pitches at their regional and took them to state. He is for sure the Gatorade Player of the year.

but not senior of the year or all tournament team????  he cant throw strikes, good teams with good patience will beat him everytime

His arm is not good at all right. If he's hea;thy and at full strength, nobody will beat him.

his arm has been good the past few years and hes had the same problems so dont blame his arm
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BaseballForLife » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:54 am

baseball wrote:
BaseballForLife wrote:
baseball wrote:
BaseballForLife wrote:

his arm has been good the past few years and hes had the same problems so dont blame his arm

yea i guess so
BaseballForLife

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:55 am

thats why i think he will be a great college pitcher because he throws hard, the coaches will work with his mechanics and he will have more control but right now hes not the Gatorade player of the year
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Shocker » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:14 am

ndfan wrote:Congrats to Minot Ryan on there state championship, was 7 years ago they beat us in the state championship game in 2000 which i believe was the last time they won state.
I believe they won in 2001 also.
Shocker
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball11 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:09 am

How many errors did Munich end up having?  In the 5th inning they had like 5.
baseball11

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:02 am

baseball11 wrote:How many errors did Munich end up having?  In the 5th inning they had like 5.

i looked at the scoreboard once and saw they had 8...i think that was in the 5th inning too
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Strike3? » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:02 am

baseball11 wrote:How many errors did Munich end up having?  In the 5th inning they had like 5.

paper said 8
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BaseballForLife » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:19 am

baseball wrote:thats why i think he will be a great college pitcher because he throws hard, the coaches will work with his mechanics and he will have more control but right now hes not the Gatorade player of the year

Who do you think should be the Player of the year then?????
BaseballForLife

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:21 am

BaseballForLife wrote:
baseball wrote:thats why i think he will be a great college pitcher because he throws hard, the coaches will work with his mechanics and he will have more control but right now hes not the Gatorade player of the year

Who do you think should be the Player of the year then?????

Bakkum being he was state player of the year, but my honest vote would have went to Tanner Adam, the kid can play
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby web17 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:48 pm

baseball wrote:
magic715 wrote:Congratulation, Bishop Ryan on winning the Championship, and on Ben Kramer, Clay Kallias, and Brooks Backes being named to the All tournament team. And to Brooks Backes for being named MVP,  he pitched 13 innings, giving up 5 hits and 1 run and striking out 19 batters, pretty impressive, especially being that Bakkum , Kliniskie, and Lorenz were considered the heavyweight pitchers coming in.

when did they change the rule from 12 innings???

since there was a rainout day, the tourny didnt run three consecutive days. so instead of 12 in 3 consec. days it was pushed to the regular rule of 14 innings in a week.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:19 pm

Strike3? wrote:

paper said 8

munichs errors didnt really hurt them in a sense because i think none of the errors brought in runs...the errors got runners on base and then minot ryan simply had hits that scored the runs...but the errors make it tuff to win games also i understand
tadam6

Postby triple » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:31 pm

Hard to win a Championship baseball game when Munich had more errors then they had hits. Munich played good baseball against Thompson and Steele to get into the championship but didnt have it at all in the championship. Ryan played good baseball against Velva and ended up getting the win in a good ball game and Backes out dueled Klinske. Ryan put pressure on Munich by putting the ball in play. They hit a lot of hard hits and Munich couldnt make plays.
triple

Postby andy_7 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:20 pm

I would like to congradulate Ryan for there state title.  My team has been big rivals with Ryan my whole high school career and we have the upmost respect for them, even though sometimes you don't see it on the field.  When we played them in the Semi's we new when they scored that one run we were in trouble.  Congrats again with the win, can't wait to play you guys again in legion.
andy_7

Postby tadam6 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:04 pm

magic715 wrote:

you said it magic.....you the man
tadam6

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:11 pm

andy_7 wrote:I would like to congradulate Ryan for there state title.  My team has been big rivals with Ryan my whole high school career and we have the upmost respect for them, even though sometimes you don't see it on the field.  When we played them in the Semi's we new when they scored that one run we were in trouble.  Congrats again with the win, can't wait to play you guys again in legion.

hey! thanks Claw Chef Skee, hope you get better
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jrod26 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:19 pm

tadam6 wrote:
Strike3? wrote:

paper said 8

munichs errors didnt really hurt them in a sense because i think none of the errors brought in runs...the errors got runners on base and then minot ryan simply had hits that scored the runs...but the errors make it tuff to win games also i understand

ya munich had 8 errors (most on the season). It was probably partially because of the young(3 freshman, 3 sophmores, 3 juniors, 1 senior) nerves. I remember playing at state when i was only a freshman and it was very nerve-raking.  but im not making excuses for them at all. i feel it could have been a much better game though, without the errors and the momentum bishop ryan aquired from the start. but thats just the way the ball falls.

i tip my hat to bishop ryan and backes. He threw a great game and they also ripped the ball very well and were very agressive on the bases. a few of the errors came on their screaming line drives.

i also wanna congratulate munich on being "bracket busters". Their young pitchers came through and did a great job when nobody believed in them especially. and i would look for them in the upcoming year(s) to make another state run.

but to reply to tadams comment,  didnt you go against your first line in your second line? you said the errors didnt hurt them at all but then you went along to say the guys that got on base on errors got hit in by base hits. idk maybe i just see it differently but i think that errors play a HUGE role in any game. They can be demoralizing to your team and take their fire away, give the other team runs because its hard to get even 3 outs in an inning, and give your opponent momemtum and a vision of hope.    By you saying that those errors didnt matter, but the runner got scored by a hit you were basically saying............the guys that were on base from the errors didnt count as runs when they got hit in by a base hit, which the batter may not have even recieved because of the error(out) before him........Munich had to get more than 3 outs an inning........and all the momentum shifts to the team who causes the error.
The harder its comin the farther its goin.
Jrod26
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:27 am

what i was tryin to say is that none of the errors that munich made brought in runs...but if they would have eliminated all those errors...they would have kept bishop ryan off the bases...
tadam6

Postby hcky1616 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:16 am

Aside from errors a major factor was Munichs inability to get the key hit, or a hit. Twice, bases loaded with less than 2 outs. Total run count=1, walked in. Ya have to be able to hit the ball.
hcky1616

Postby brownbomber » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:00 am

Jrod26 wrote:
tadam6 wrote:
Strike3? wrote:

paper said 8

ya munich had 8 errors (most on the season). It was probably partially because of the young(3 freshman, 3 sophmores, 3 juniors, 1 senior) nerves. I remember playing at state when i was only a freshman and it was very nerve-raking.  but im not making excuses for them at all. i feel it could have been a much better game though, without the errors and the momentum bishop ryan aquired from the start. but thats just the way the ball falls.

i tip my hat to bishop ryan and backes. He threw a great game and they also ripped the ball very well and were very agressive on the bases. a few of the errors came on their screaming line drives.

i also wanna congratulate munich on being "bracket busters". Their young pitchers came through and did a great job when nobody believed in them especially. and i would look for them in the upcoming year(s) to make another state run.

but to reply to tadams comment,  didnt you go against your first line in your second line? you said the errors didnt hurt them at all but then you went along to say the guys that got on base on errors got hit in by base hits. idk maybe i just see it differently but i think that errors play a HUGE role in any game. They can be demoralizing to your team and take their fire away, give the other team runs because its hard to get even 3 outs in an inning, and give your opponent momemtum and a vision of hope.    By you saying that those errors didnt matter, but the runner got scored by a hit you were basically saying............the guys that were on base from the errors didnt count as runs when they got hit in by a base hit, which the batter may not have even recieved because of the error(out) before him........Munich had to get more than 3 outs an inning........and all the momentum shifts to the team who causes the error.

your right the more errors you make the more outs you give the other team
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:22 pm

tingly wrote:2007 Class B Schedule
May 31-June 2 � Quarterfinals
Bishop Ryan (R7 #1, 22-3) 4, Grafton (R4 #2, 25-8) 1
Velva/Drake (R6 #1, 18-6) 5, Harvey/Wells County (R3 #2, 17-5) 2
��
Munich/Starkweather/Cando (R5 #1, 14-6) 3, Thompson (R2 #1, 17-5) 1
Steele-Dawson/Wing/Tuttle-Pettibone/Napoleon (R8 #1, 24-1) 6, Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page (R1 #6, 14-13) 5 (10 innings)

June 2 � Semifinals
Grafton (R4 #2, 26-8) 3, Harvey/Wells County (R3 #2, 17-6) 0 (5 innings)
Thompson (R2 #1, 18-5) 2, Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page (R1 #6, 14-14) 1 (5 innings)
��
Bishop Ryan (R7 #1, 23-3) 1, Velva/Drake (R6 #1, 18-7) 0
Munich/Starkweather/Cando (R5 #1, 15-6) 4, Steele-Dawson/Wing/Tuttle-Pettibone/Napoleon (R8 #1, 24-2) 2

June 3 � Finals
7th Place Game � Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page (R1 #6, 15-14) 3, Harvey/Wells County (R3 #2, 17-7) 0
5th Place Game � Grafton (R4 #2, 27-8) 9, Thompson (R2 #1, 18-6) 5
3rd Place Game � Velva/Drake (R6 #1, 19-7) 6, Steele-Dawson/Wing/Tuttle-Pettibone/Napoleon (R8 #1, 24-3) 4
State Championship Game � Bishop Ryan (R7 #1, 24-3) 10, Munich/Starkweather/Cando (R5 #1, 15-7) 2

2006 results
1st Steele-Dawson/Wing/Tuttle-Pettibone/Napoleon
3rd Velva/Drake
5th Thompson
7th Bishop Ryan
dnq Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page
dnq Grafton
dnq Harvey/Wells County
dnq Munich/Starkweather/Cando

Championships
4 Thompson (1983, 1985, 1999, 2005)
4 Bishop Ryan (1998, 2000, 2001, 2007)
3 Velva (1964, 1984, 1986)
3 Bisbee-Egeland/Cando (1989); Munich/Starkweather (1991, 1992)
1 Steele-Dawson/Wing/Tuttle-Pettibone/Napoleon (2006)
0 Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page
0 Grafton
0 Harvey/Wells County

Current Win Streaks
??? Bishop Ryan
��2 Grafton
��1 Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page
��1 Velva/Drake
��0 Harvey/Wells County
��0 Munich/Starkweather/Cando
��0 Steele-Dawson/Wing/Tuttle-Pettibone/Napoleon
��0 Thompson

Best Records By Pct.
24-3 ��.889 Bishop Ryan
24-3 ��.889 Steele-Dawson/Wing/Tuttle-Pettibone/Napoleon
27-8 ��.771 Grafton
18-6 ��.750 Thompson
19-7 ��.731 Velva/Drake
17-7 ��.708 Harvey/Wells County
15-7 ��.682 Munich/Starkweather/Cando
15-14 .517 Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page

Best Records By Games Behind
24-3 ������ Steele-Dawson/Wing/Tuttle-Pettibone/Napoleon
24-3 ������ Bishop Ryan
27-8 �����1��� Grafton
18-6 �����4� Thompson
19-7 �����4� Velva/Drake
17-7 �����5� Harvey/Wells County
15-7 �����6� unich/Starkweather/Cando
15-14 ��10��� Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page
FSHP has won multiple state titles.  They have won at least 2.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:44 pm

scc wrote:[user=1043]cubsfan[/user] wrote: 
FSHP has won multiple state titles.  They have won at least 2.

You're thinking of their Legion championship teams, cubsfan.  They've won the state Legion tournament three times, but they've never taken first at the state high school tournament.
You are right.  They have made it to the title game a couple of times but have not won it.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Class B