Bishop Ryan Baseball

Postby SuperBad » Sun May 20, 2007 9:21 am

A couple of weeks ago i was reading the Minot Daily News and the sports page had an article about BRHS baseball. They article just stated that they have a rich tradition of making it to state, 12 out of 15 years to be exact. Since 1992 the Lions are 161-29. The artice goes on to say that the kids each year have work hard to keep the tradition alive. I was wondering does any other school have a rich tradition such as BRHS.
SuperBad

Postby dukefan32 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:15 pm

SuperBad wrote:A couple of weeks ago i was reading the Minot Daily News and the sports page had an article about BRHS baseball. They article just stated that they have a rich tradition of making it to state, 12 out of 15 years to be exact. Since 1992 the Lions are 161-29. The artice goes on to say that the kids each year have work hard to keep the tradition alive. I was wondering does any other school have a rich tradition such as BRHS.

Velva has a pretty good tradition....
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:51 pm

dukefan32 wrote:
SuperBad wrote:A couple of weeks ago i was reading the Minot Daily News and the sports page had an article about BRHS baseball. They article just stated that they have a rich tradition of making it to state, 12 out of 15 years to be exact. Since 1992 the Lions are 161-29. The artice goes on to say that the kids each year have work hard to keep the tradition alive. I was wondering does any other school have a rich tradition such as BRHS.

Velva has a pretty good tradition....
thompson always seems to be in the mix.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby allsport » Mon May 21, 2007 11:35 am

When doesn't the Minot Daily News sensationalize Minot Ryan and Minot High. If they gave half the ink to the area around them that also buys their newspapers they would be a bit more credable. Enough on that poor journalism topic. The bottom line is winning becomes a tradition and when kids grow up in a winning environment I believe they try harder to keep that tradition going. Examples Dickinson Trinity BB, Velva FB, Rugby Track, Bottineau Girls BB, Bowman Cross Country etc etc.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Mon May 21, 2007 1:14 pm

from everything i've seen the mdn does quite a bit for bottineau. i'm guessing they do quite a bit for velva football, but i don't have much to back that up, just a guess.

other than that i don't know how much they go outside of the magic city for sports though.
rep

Postby allsport » Mon May 21, 2007 3:37 pm

rep wrote:from everything i've seen the mdn does quite a bit for bottineau. i'm guessing they do quite a bit for velva football, but i don't have much to back that up, just a guess.

other than that i don't know how much they go outside of the magic city for sports though.

If you read the paper on a daily basis you would see the void.
Last edited by allsport on Mon May 21, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Mon May 21, 2007 3:39 pm

allsport wrote:
rep wrote:from everything i've seen the mdn does quite a bit for bottineau. i'm guessing they do quite a bit for velva football, but i don't have much to back that up, just a guess.

If you read the paper every day you would not be guessing.

i catch it a couple of days after it is published every day...normally i don't do much more than glance over it, kind of out of my area, so i don't have a whole lot of interest in the stories.
rep

Postby allsport » Mon May 21, 2007 5:26 pm

rep wrote:
allsport wrote:

If you read the paper every day you would not be guessing.

i catch it a couple of days after it is published every day...normally i don't do much more than glance over it, kind of out of my area, so i don't have a whole lot of interest in the stories.

This is not the topic of this thread so I will leave it at that.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon May 21, 2007 7:56 pm

allsport wrote:

When doesn't the Minot Daily News sensationalize Minot Ryan and Minot High. If they gave half the ink to the area around them that also buys their newspapers they would be a bit more credable. Enough on that poor journalism topic. The bottom line is winning becomes a tradition and when kids grow up in a winning environment I believe they try harder to keep that tradition going. Examples Dickinson Trinity BB, Velva FB, Rugby Track, Bottineau Girls BB, Bowman Cross Country etc etc.

You misspelled credible... Am I the only one who thinks that is kind of ironic??
Y-not Daily

Postby allsport » Tue May 22, 2007 5:08 am

Y-not Daily wrote:
allsport wrote:

You misspelled credible... Am I the only one who thinks that is kind of ironic??
You have a lot of work to do if you are spell checking on this site. My apologies for the typo.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue May 22, 2007 11:51 am

allsport wrote:
Y-not Daily wrote:
allsport wrote:

You have a lot of work to do if you are spell checking on this site. My apologies for the typo.

I'm not trying to spellcheck anyone's posts, but I think it's sort of funny when you try to call into question someone's CREDIBILITY and you don't know how to spell credible. It would be like if I said you were really stoopid. Irony, get it?
Y-not Daily

Postby q » Tue May 22, 2007 12:24 pm

Not to pick (much), but the true definition of irony would suggest allsport would have to be an English teacher, editor, or something else that would require good spelling.  His misspelling, while interesting to point out, is not necessarily ironic.
q -- the only letter that does not appear in any US state name
q
NDPreps Reserve

Postby allsport » Tue May 22, 2007 12:47 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:
allsport wrote:
Y-not Daily wrote:
allsport wrote:

I'm not trying to spellcheck anyone's posts, but I think it's sort of funny when you try to call into question someone's CREDIBILITY and you don't know how to spell credible. It would be like if I said you were really stoopid. Irony, get it?
Name calling!! How mature. I was under the impression that opinions were welcome on this site but I guess only certain subjects.
allsport
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tingly » Tue May 22, 2007 1:58 pm

What's with all the drama? It was a just a joke, good or bad.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue May 22, 2007 3:46 pm

q wrote:Not to pick (much), but the true definition of irony would suggest allsport would have to be an English teacher, editor, or something else that would require good spelling.  His misspelling, while interesting to point out, is not necessarily ironic.

You may be right q... Although the fact that someone would misspell credible would make them a less credible critic of someone else's credibility... Wouldn't that be irony? Maybe it just means that person is a poor speller.

I wasn't namecalling anyone or insulting anyone, just pointing out that if I wrote someone was stoopid (with that spelling), that would make me look stupid, which I think would be ironic (although maybe it would only be ironic if I was a genius).

Anyway, enough off-topic garbage... The best Class B traditions are Dickinson Trinity basketball and football, Velva football, Bottineau girls hoops and Bowman x-country.  It's tough to beat the Lions for making state so many times, but they have had some pretty talented teams that didn't do much once they got to state.
Y-not Daily

Postby the mask » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:42 pm

class "a"!!!!!ahhhhh
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby Batman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 am

Imagine that, the MDN writing a lot about Minot High and Bishop Ryan!  Personally I grew up in a small town near Minot and most days I read the online edition of the sports, and I think they do a fine job of covering the area.  I've never heard of a paper where people didn't cry and complain about the sports coverage anyway.   Just my opinion and I wanted to state that, sorry it's off topic.

And yes, Bishop Ryan has a great tradition.  They must be Recruiting!!  :P
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby The stokker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:13 am

i agree with the mask if your from minot i don't care what ever private school or whatever they should be class "A"
The stokker

Postby propel23 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:19 pm

The stokker wrote:i agree with the mask if your from minot i don't care what ever private school or whatever they should be class "A"
and so im guessing you have a good reason to back that up?
propel23

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:04 am

The stokker wrote:i agree with the mask if your from minot i don't care what ever private school or whatever they should be class "A"

look at your quote at the bottem and than rethink what you just stated maybe minot dosnt have the best kids and they work their behinds off or maybe they do have the best kids and most teams that do have the best kids dont work hard and expect to win maybe you and your team should out work them so that your hardwork will beat their talent everytime talent dosnt work hard
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The stokker » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:21 am

obvisoly they have a whole lot more kids to pick from than say a hatton northwood or a hope-finley etc. thats why that town is alot bigger making them to have a lot of kids to pick from unlike the little town that work hard and their hard work beats there talent...
The stokker

Postby propel23 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:30 am

The stokker wrote:obvisoly they have a whole lot more kids to pick from than say a hatton northwood or a hope-finley etc. thats why that town is alot bigger making them to have a lot of kids to pick from unlike the little town that work hard and their hard work beats there talent...

ryan has 40 kids a class i dont see how thats alot to pick from since not all of those kids are guys and out of the kids that are guys not all play baseball... i think someone is jealous
propel23

Postby The stokker » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:50 am

k schools like fsph have only 15 kids a class thats why hatton or fshp has to play freshman and start them even   8th graders sometimes ryan has a lineup of alota seniors next year prolly 7 out of nine guys will starter will be seniors

The stokker

Postby propel23 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:33 pm

The stokker wrote:k schools like fsph have only 15 kids a class thats why hatton or fshp has to play freshman and start them even   8th graders sometimes ryan has a lineup of alota seniors next year prolly 7 out of nine guys will starter will be seniors

but because they only have 15 kids a class isnt that why they coop with other schools
propel23

Postby The stokker » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:17 pm

what ever im sorry i voiced my opinion and u win if thats what u want to hear ill go elsewhere and not argue about this sorry i made this such a big deal.. u can go back to talking about how minot covers there baseball team or whatever this whole topic was about

The stokker

Next

Return to Class B