Bishop Ryan Baseball

Postby propel23 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:47 pm

The stokker wrote:what ever im sorry i voiced my opinion and u win if thats what u want to hear ill go elsewhere and not argue about this sorry i made this such a big deal.. u can go back to talking about how minot covers there baseball team or whatever this whole topic was about

ha no ur supposed to say ur opinon and i said mine but i dont want you to make excuse for other schools and say ryan should be class a cuz what about our redeemers no one says anything about them cuz they dont win and then when ryan wins state people get on their case and say they dont have to work as hard because they have more kids to choose from
propel23

Postby baseball » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:50 pm

propel23 wrote:
The stokker wrote:what ever im sorry i voiced my opinion and u win if thats what u want to hear ill go elsewhere and not argue about this sorry i made this such a big deal.. u can go back to talking about how minot covers there baseball team or whatever this whole topic was about

ha no ur supposed to say ur opinon and i said mine but i dont want you to make excuse for other schools and say ryan should be class a cuz what about our redeemers no one says anything about them cuz they dont win and then when ryan wins state people get on their case and say they dont have to work as hard because they have more kids to choose from

but them kids they do pick do work as hard as the other kids from smaller towns....thats why they get picked
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby The stokker » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:54 pm

ya guys it was a good argument o well i look for u guys in other topics and yes anyone has to work hard to win state they worked there asses off just like all the other teams that made it i was on the FSHP team and no one thought we were even close but we put our nose to the grindstone and played outstanding even tho 7th place isn't what u want to get we go into next season looking to get better and make state and hopefully we get to see bishop ryan and it would make for a great game. u guys are friken smart and everything u said makes sense i just needed to back myslef u know. and to get what this topic was about i think FSHP has a good tradition not being a hometown kid either iv had relitives play for FSHP and they will be really solid as long as frost is coach

Last edited by The stokker on Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The stokker

Postby propel23 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:03 am

baseball wrote:
propel23 wrote:

but them kids they do pick do work as hard as the other kids from smaller towns....thats why they get picked

yea thats what i was saying ur agreeing with me right
propel23

Postby The stokker » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:10 am

yea im agreeing
The stokker

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:33 pm

yeah but i still disagree
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:24 pm

The stokker wrote:yea im agreeing

wait are you agreeing with they still have to work as hard or that they dont  have to work as hard
propel23

Postby Tigger » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:55 am

Kids from all sizes of schools have to work hard to become good at sports.  I think the larger schools do have an advantage over the smaller schools because their athletes can specialize in a particular sport and become more polished as a player.  There are exceptions to this, but it seems to me that a lot of the top athletes from the bigger schools only play one or two sports while the stokker might have to play 3 or more to keep fshp afloat with their smaller classes.  The bigger school like Ryan will have a team of good baseball players while Hope-Finley will have a team of good athletes who play baseball.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The stokker » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:03 am

im all confused know but i agree with tigger to where they can focus on baseball year round if they want or something u know to where just bout every player on my team is in 2 or 3 sports
The stokker

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:55 pm

every single starter on bishop ryan's team player 2 or more sports. good classes of talented players come around once awhile on any team...dont try to take away from that
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The stokker » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:49 am

sorry i dont know every kid from minot i just figured just like tigger prolly did that they can focus on one or two sports
The stokker

Postby propel23 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:47 pm

Tigger wrote:Kids from all sizes of schools have to work hard to become good at sports.  I think the larger schools do have an advantage over the smaller schools because their athletes can specialize in a particular sport and become more polished as a player.  There are exceptions to this, but it seems to me that a lot of the top athletes from the bigger schools only play one or two sports while the stokker might have to play 3 or more to keep fshp afloat with their smaller classes.  The bigger school like Ryan will have a team of good baseball players while Hope-Finley will have a team of good athletes who play baseball.

i couldnt disagree more....so your saying the players that played for bishop ryan arent good athletes....and ryan is not that big of a school just to clarify that
propel23

Postby the mask » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 am

scc wrote:
propel23 wrote:
Tigger wrote:Kids from all sizes of schools have to work hard to become good at sports.  I think the larger schools do have an advantage over the smaller schools because their athletes can specialize in a particular sport and become more polished as a player.  There are exceptions to this, but it seems to me that a lot of the top athletes from the bigger schools only play one or two sports while the stokker might have to play 3 or more to keep fshp afloat with their smaller classes.  The bigger school like Ryan will have a team of good baseball players while Hope-Finley will have a team of good athletes who play baseball.

i couldnt disagree more....so your saying the players that played for bishop ryan arent good athletes....and ryan is not that big of a school just to clarify that

Looking at what Tigger said, I think he meant the smaller schools have good athletes that play multiple sports.  Where did he mention that Bishop Ryan players are not good athletes???  At a larger school, you see more instances of players that specialize in a single sport.  This doesn't necessarily mean that's the case at Ryan, but I think that's the point he was making.

Bishop Ryan's enrollment ranks in the top fifteen in Class B.  That would make them a big school.
ok im a athlete that plays 4 sports a year football basketball track and baseball and i do have to say you cannot it is im possible to just focus on all sports at one time i mean if you want to get better you have to take time during the season youyr in to get better like for basketball i will do nothing but play extra basketball during the season to get better same for football track and baseball
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:20 pm

the mask wrote:
scc wrote:
propel23 wrote:

Looking at what Tigger said, I think he meant the smaller schools have good athletes that play multiple sports.  Where did he mention that Bishop Ryan players are not good athletes???  At a larger school, you see more instances of players that specialize in a single sport.  This doesn't necessarily mean that's the case at Ryan, but I think that's the point he was making.

Bishop Ryan's enrollment ranks in the top fifteen in Class B.  That would make them a big school.
ok im a athlete that plays 4 sports a year football basketball track and baseball and i do have to say you cannot it is im possible to just focus on all sports at one time i mean if you want to get better you have to take time during the season youyr in to get better like for basketball i will do nothing but play extra basketball during the season to get better same for football track and baseball

where do you go to school??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby dukefan32 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:12 pm

scc wrote:
propel23 wrote:

Bishop Ryan is still a small school. You don't really find many instances in Class B where one athlete plays just one sport, usually they play about 2 or 3 sports, and in some cases 4 sports.
Last edited by dukefan32 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby click clack moo » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:35 pm

i would agree with duke fan i know kids at minot ryan who are in 4 sports. and also playing more sports makes you better in other sports like playing football is going to make you a better baseball player cuz you are going to get stronger its not all about working on just that sport its about working to be in good physical condition too
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby magic715 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:19 pm

click clack moo wrote:i would agree with duke fan i know kids at minot ryan who are in 4 sports. and also playing more sports makes you better in other sports like playing football is going to make you a better baseball player cuz you are going to get stronger its not all about working on just that sport its about working to be in good physical condition too

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to make another comment about Bishop Ryan and any other bigger class B school, Ryan just took 7th place and 8th Place the last 2 yrs at state before this year, so now they win and they get to pick there kids. I do agree private schools have a slight advantage over some other non co-op schools, but they dont pick their kids, either their parents or the kid themselves choose the school, and in most instances the kids that go to Ryan seem to be from parents from small schools themselves or kids of Bishop Ryan alumni. Actually Ryan over the years loses alot more athletes to other schools than they gain. Examples: if u know the names; Jordan Martinson, minot high; Shay Packulak, DesLacs-Burlington; i dont know of a single athlete at Ryan right now that didnt come in the 6 th or 7th Grade, but  i dont know them all. But i do know they lost a few that started there.
magic715

Postby baseball1981 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:30 pm

click clack moo wrote:i would agree with duke fan i know kids at minot ryan who are in 4 sports. and also playing more sports makes you better in other sports like playing football is going to make you a better baseball player cuz you are going to get stronger its not all about working on just that sport its about working to be in good physical condition too
football and baseball or two different sports, football players tend to be bigger and stronger while baseball players sometimes benefit from doing light weights, while football players, wrestlers, lift heavy, basketball is a good combinatoin with baseball because theres short, quick sprints which helps pitchers with endurance, football definatley heps with getting into good shape though, which benefits athletes, but for pitchers, in college they dont do heavy weights with your upper body, bishop ryan has that class of athletes that is just unreal tho ahha
baseball1981

Postby baseball4life » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:25 am

The stokker wrote:obvisoly they have a whole lot more kids to pick from than say a hatton northwood or a hope-finley etc. thats why that town is alot bigger making them to have a lot of kids to pick from unlike the little town that work hard and their hard work beats there talent...
Stokker GIVE IT UP... those small towns co-op for a reason. alot of times the co-op gives them more to pick from then say the bishop ryan(1 TOWN) does. Why isnt enrollment important when Ryan, Trinity, Saint Mary's, and shanley all have school enrollments that would place them in a lower football division then what they are actually playing in. Instead of playing in the lower division they petition to play up in their current division. If you dont believe it contact NDHSAA for proof. The small private schools they dont pick from any of those kids, they compete with the Giant public schools in town for students. the difference being private school tuitions range from $3000 and up PER SCHOOL YEAR. If you lived in Minot, which is where I do, would you go to Minot High school for free, or go to Bishop Ryan and pay $3000 dollars in tuition?    The numbers dont lie Stokker
Last edited by baseball4life on Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball4life » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:34 am

scc wrote:
propel23 wrote:

WRONG SCC!. SHOW ME PROOF OF THIS
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball4life » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:44 am

scc wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
scc wrote:
propel23 wrote:

http://www.ndhsaa.com/directory_list.asp
HAHA this makes me laugh... you may be right, if you are simply looking at single schools. but take into consideration the co-ops that take place and bishop ryan isnt even in the ballpark with the other schools then. FOR EXAMPLE: Harvey-wells county, North Shore-Parshall-Plaza-berthold, Steele-Dawson-Wing-tuttle-pettibone-robinson-linton-napoleon, Etc. Etc Etc    (dont get me wrong i am not bashing these schools at all i am a fan of co-ops) if you look at straight class b school enrollments BRHS isnt even close.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:30 pm

scc wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
scc wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
scc wrote:
propel23 wrote:

http://www.ndhsaa.com/directory_list.asp
HAHA this makes me laugh... you may be right, if you are simply looking at single schools. but take into consideration the co-ops that take place and bishop ryan isnt even in the ballpark with the other schools then. FOR EXAMPLE: Harvey-wells county, North Shore-Parshall-Plaza-berthold, Steele-Dawson-Wing-tuttle-pettibone-robinson-linton-napoleon, Etc. Etc Etc    (dont get me wrong i am not bashing these schools at all i am a fan of co-ops) if you look at straight class b school enrollments BRHS isnt even close.

Fair enough... It's in the top 25% if you look at it that way.  Co-ops vary from sport to sport, though.
apology accepted scc for trying to make me sound wrong earlier....and idk if it was this topic or not but someone before tried saying ryan had more kids to choose from than FHSP but its the same because they coop ryan might have less or more idk for sure
propel23

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:57 pm

fshp between all 4 towns has 130 kids grades 9-12 and minot ryan has 198
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby propel23 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:28 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:fshp between all 4 towns has 130 kids grades 9-12 and minot ryan has 198

um actually they have 141 and 57 isnt that much
propel23

Previous

Return to Class B