Harvey vs. Minot Ryan

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Thu May 17, 2007 9:12 pm

This would be the dream matchup for the "I am going to talk myself up game of the century"

I apologize to Central McClean because they were a close third.  By the way Ryan will probably make state but I am really cheering for DesLacs and Harvey will probably choke and live up to their reputation.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:21 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:This would be the dream matchup for the "I am going to talk myself up game of the century"

I apologize to Central McClean because they were a close third.  By the way Ryan will probably make state but I am really cheering for DesLacs and Harvey will probably choke and live up to their reputation.
harvey has a tough region, its a toss up who will win it, id like to see harveys 11 seniors get to go to a state tournament tho...
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri May 18, 2007 10:29 am

baseball1981 wrote:
Maniaconthefloor wrote:This would be the dream matchup for the "I am going to talk myself up game of the century"

harvey has a tough region, its a toss up who will win it, id like to see harveys 11 seniors get to go to a state tournament tho...

Aren't you from Harvey? or around Harvey? Cuz you sure talk about them a lot.  I suppose that means you want them to get to the tournement.  Its going to be interesting to see who shows up to play this year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Fri May 18, 2007 11:12 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

Aren't you from Harvey? or around Harvey? Cuz you sure talk about them a lot.  I suppose that means you want them to get to the tournement.  Its going to be interesting to see who shows up to play this year.

it will be, im guessing it will be dp, they had a little reality check losing to those two teams, who do u see winning it pakkyzoo
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri May 18, 2007 11:48 am

baseball1981 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

it will be, im guessing it will be dp, they had a little reality check losing to those two teams, who do u see winning it pakkyzoo

I personally think it will be down between who ever is hitting the best.  I know your from harvey or somewhere over there.  But personally do u think Lorenz will throw that much? Seriously, throwing away a college oppurtunity.  I think Lakota has a lot of momentum, DP has been struggling, but is a tournament team, example last year.  Harvey has the leadership with all them seniors.  Midkota has the best coach out of all 3 teams and does have a lot of expierence.  Its a scary tournament because if you as me 1-4 teams are right around equal.  Midkota might not have been playing the best all year, but they could get hot and make a run at it.  It goes the same for every team.  Lakota has the best hitting team, Harvey has the best pitching staff, Dakota Prairie does the fundamentals and plays the best defense, and Midkota knows how to win at tourney time.  Im from DP, but to tell ya the truth I have no idea whose going to win it.  It should be a good time to watch come Saturday.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri May 18, 2007 11:48 am

baseball1981 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

I personally think it will be down between who ever is hitting the best.  I know your from harvey or somewhere over there.  But personally do u think Lorenz will throw that much? Seriously, throwing away a college oppurtunity.  I think Lakota has a lot of momentum, DP has been struggling, but is a tournament team, example last year.  Harvey has the leadership with all them seniors.  Midkota has the best coach out of all 3 teams and does have a lot of expierence.  Its a scary tournament because if you as me 1-4 teams are right around equal.  Midkota might not have been playing the best all year, but they could get hot and make a run at it.  It goes the same for every team.  Lakota has the best hitting team, Harvey has the best pitching staff, Dakota Prairie does the fundamentals and plays the best defense, and Midkota knows how to win at tourney time.  Im from DP, I dont play anymore, but to tell ya the truth I have no idea whose going to win it.  It should be a good time to watch come Saturday.
Last edited by pakkyzoo on Fri May 18, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Fri May 18, 2007 11:55 am

midkota's hitting seems to be coming around a bit...can't remember the hit totals but they hung with steele 10-9 on...maybe monday. they were blown out 10-0 in the second game, and i have no clue who was pitching either game offhand, but it isn't like steele throws stiffs out there for pitchers either.

who knows though...i completely agree that the tourney is wide open. the only team that has no shot is kensal and that is because they lost in the play-in game.
rep

Postby tingly » Fri May 18, 2007 12:31 pm

tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri May 18, 2007 12:34 pm

check that...9 runs on four hits and five hits overall for the two-game series...not exactly swinging the sticks like i thought.
rep

Postby power-aid14 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:08 am

nice post mania.....real mature
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Sat May 19, 2007 9:37 am

go minot "bishop" ryan...battle of the purples....
tadam6

Postby baseball » Sat May 19, 2007 4:30 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

yea he is from harvey...just a thought here but baseball1981, how many account names do you need.  i know this is atleast the 3rd by now
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ricky bobby » Sun May 20, 2007 6:17 am

ya i think i know who this baseball1981 is too...... kinda obvious
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4life » Sun May 20, 2007 6:20 pm

This is the one of the most rediculous topics i have ever seen. WOW
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball4life » Sun May 27, 2007 10:41 am

I don't know that Harvey or Ryan need to talk much.  Harvey has qualified for the state tournament and deserve to be there.  They are very well coached, have excellent players, and argueably, the finest pitcher in the state in Tanner Lorenz.  Congratulations Harvey and we look forward to seeing you at the state tournament.

Ryan, for their part, needs not talk themselves up either.  They have won the region 4 years in a row, and 12 out of the 15 years they have had a program.  Region seven is, year in and year out, extremely competitive.  DL-B and Ryan have a super rivalry and games between these two teams are as exciting as any in the state.  Ryan has won three state titles, been runner-up three times, and have sent many players to play at the college level.  Maybe they should "brag" a bit more but you'll never hear it from their players or coaches!

Good luck to all the teams at the state tournament.  Every one of them deserve to be there and defeated super teams to get there!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:13 pm

i hope harvey gets rolled at state...
tadam6

Postby bballer2 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:21 pm

tadam6 wrote:i hope harvey gets rolled at state...

lol
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:26 pm

bballer2 wrote:

lol

10 runned everygame....no lie
tadam6

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Sun May 27, 2007 8:24 pm

tadam6 wrote:
bballer2 wrote:

lol

10 runned everygame....no lie

I wonder what baseball1981 will have to say about that!! With him pitching, you know it won't happen!!! haha.. or wait, will it??:? Maybe he will throw 54 pitches, give up 18 hits, 14 runs, 12 of those earned, 15 hits, on 34 balls and 20 strikes, walking 7 people and the only outs he gets are strikeouts.. We get a stat line whenever Lorenz pitches, so lets see how close I am on this one..
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class B