East-West Legion All-Star Game

Postby bball1niner » Mon May 14, 2007 8:22 am

What a joke...you honestly think some no name from a big school is better than a stud from a class b school.  Whoever selects these teams is a joke.  The class b player of the year won't even be ON these teams.  The only 2 selected were Tanner Lorenz of Harvey and Anthony Klinske from Grafton.  The obviously are above average baseball players, but you are leaving some REALLY talented people off this list, such as the kjemus twins tanner adam, and mark bakkum. WHAT A JOKE
bball1niner

Postby rep » Mon May 14, 2007 8:25 am

is there rules like how it works for football and basketball where you have to choose which all-star game you play in?

i wouldn't think there would be because legion baseball has nothing to do with the ndhsaa, but i don't know?
rep

Postby baseball1981 » Mon May 14, 2007 10:00 am

bball1niner wrote:What a joke...you honestly think some no name from a big school is better than a stud from a class b school.  Whoever selects these teams is a joke.  The class b player of the year won't even be ON these teams.  The only 2 selected were Tanner Lorenz of Harvey and Anthony Klinske from Grafton.  The obviously are above average baseball players, but you are leaving some REALLY talented people off this list, such as the kjemus twins tanner adam, and mark bakkum. WHAT A JOKE
those are in my opinion the two best players in class b baseball...they both throw upper 80s and lorenz throws 90s and those two will probably start the games for each team
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon May 14, 2007 10:12 am

Last edited by experiencingtechnicaldiff on Mon May 14, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon May 14, 2007 10:12 am

baseball1981 wrote:
bball1niner wrote:What a joke...you honestly think some no name from a big school is better than a stud from a class b school.  Whoever selects these teams is a joke.  The class b player of the year won't even be ON these teams.  The only 2 selected were Tanner Lorenz of Harvey and Anthony Klinske from Grafton.  The obviously are above average baseball players, but you are leaving some REALLY talented people off this list, such as the kjemus twins tanner adam, and mark bakkum. WHAT A JOKE
those are in my opinion the two best players in class b baseball...they both throw upper 80s and lorenz throws 90s and those two will probably start the games for each team

I'd want to see some good batters in the game too. Kliniske is a good batter too, and he throws hard. I can see why Lorenz is in it, but I think TA, Tyler Kjemhus, and Bakkum should be in it. Probably Dusty Brend from CV also.. I'd say its a joke, I agree with bball1niner. TA is pitching great this year, and he is always dangerous with a bat in his hands. Tyler Kjemhus is a great hitter, and he is also a good pitcher. Bakkum is great all the way around. Brend is one of the best pure hitters I have ever seen. Soo, I'd go with the choosing not being the best..

"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Mon May 14, 2007 10:16 am

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

I'd want to see some good batters in the game too. Kliniske is a good batter too, and he throws hard. I can see why Lorenz is in it, but I think TA, Tyler Kjemhus, and Bakkum should be in it. Probably Dusty Brend from CV also.. I'd say its a joke, I agree with bball1niner. TA is pitching great this year, and he is always dangerous with a bat in his hands. Tyler Kjemhus is a great hitter, and he is also a good pitcher. Bakkum is great all the way around. Brend is one of the best pure hitters I have ever seen. Soo, I'd go with the choosing not being the best..

but adam is a class b hitter hitting off class b pitchers, some of the best class b hitters have struck out to average class b pitchers, so I'm gonna go with that they didnt select adam because they dont think he could hit class a pitchers, and he dosent throw nearly hard enough to pitch in it, the kjehmus's should be in it, and bakkum isint cuz hes goin to college for bball
baseball1981

Postby gophers18 » Mon May 14, 2007 10:38 am

I think the way it should be is Class A East vs. West and Class B Eastvs.West and have two games each one in the west half then one in the east half of the state.
gophers18

Postby power-aid14 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:03 pm

^^NOW THIS IS A SWEET IDEA^^
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball1niner » Mon May 14, 2007 6:02 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

but adam is a class b hitter hitting off class b pitchers, some of the best class b hitters have struck out to average class b pitchers, so I'm gonna go with that they didnt select adam because they dont think he could hit class a pitchers, and he dosent throw nearly hard enough to pitch in it, the kjehmus's should be in it, and bakkum isint cuz hes goin to college for bball

it doesn't matter what you are doing in college, he should still be in it..and right now, klinske is not a better player than tanner adam.  He's not nearly as good as hitter and he only has one good pitch, a fastball.  and as for the class b hitter hitting off class b pitchers, that is a joke, ive played with probably 10 guys on that all star team and he is better than over half of them, no doubt in my mind
bball1niner

Postby bballer2 » Mon May 14, 2007 6:22 pm

bball1niner wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:those are in my opinion the two best players in class b baseball...they both throw upper 80s and lorenz throws 90s and those two will probably start the games for each team

it doesn't matter what you are doing in college, he should still be in it..and right now, klinske is not a better player than tanner adam.  He's not nearly as good as hitter and he only has one good pitch, a fastball.  and as for the class b hitter hitting off class b pitchers, that is a joke, ive played with probably 10 guys on that all star team and he is better than over half of them, no doubt in my mind

tanner adams=stud... he got robbed... he should be on it and he is haveing a very good year... he was very deserving and i was very surprised to see him not on there... we all know you desereved to be
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Tue May 15, 2007 2:33 am

I wonder if some players were invited but chose not to go to the east/west game.  There are some Section 3 players that definitely belong there including a couple Thompson players that were in it last year in Mayville.  I was there, and it seemed kind of dull and maybe they didn't think it was worth the trip out west.  Section 3 is also launching its own allstar game this summer which would be a much shorter drive.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I would hope that whoever selects these east/west rosters would recognize the wealth of talent in Class B.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Tue May 15, 2007 5:23 am

baseball1981 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

You think the Kjemhus's haven't struck out against average class b pitching? Well they have if ya didn't know. From what I've seen, they have a little trouble hitting average class b curve balls. TA should be in it, thats the bottom line. And I don't care what Bakkum's doing in college, he's a baseball stud and should be in it also..
Last edited by experiencingtechnicaldiff on Tue May 15, 2007 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby gophers18 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:35 am

Section 1 has been having its own allstar game every year at the site of the team that will host the section tourney the following year. A great time and awesome to play in. The coaches are the top four teams from the previous year and 3 players are selected from each team in the section. They always set it up so the games will be very evenly matched as far as what teams are on what team. Great games to watch. Usually held at the half way mark of the section games.
gophers18

Postby Tigger » Wed May 16, 2007 2:59 am

Section 3's AS game is being held in Hope this year.  The section will be split into the north (Thompson, Mayport, Hatton, Hillsboro-CV) and south (Hope-Finley, Gardner, Bombers, and Cassleton).  I believe it is sandwiched between a Babe Ruth AS game and a game between the 1998 and 2003/2004 Hope-Finley State Legion Champion teams.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Wed May 16, 2007 4:20 am

[user=2516]experiencingtechnicaldifficulties[/user] wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
You think the Kjemhus's haven't struck out against average class b pitching? Well they have if ya didn't know. From what I've seen, they have a little trouble hitting average class b curve balls. TA should be in it, thats the bottom line. And I don't care what Bakkum's doing in college, he's a baseball stud and should be in it also..
pretty sure neither of them struggle hitting a curve ball
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Wed May 16, 2007 5:13 am

web17 wrote:[user=2516]experiencingtechnicaldifficulties[/user] wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

pretty sure neither of them struggle hitting a curve ball

I don't know about that. They can hit them a long ways, BUT foul... They are fastball hitters.. Just by watching them, you can tell they are alot more comfortable swinging at a fastball then a curve..
Last edited by experiencingtechnicaldiff on Wed May 16, 2007 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Wed May 16, 2007 5:40 am

I don't know about that. They can hit them a long ways, BUT foul... They are fastball hitters.. Just by watching them, you can tell they are alot more comfortable swinging at a fastball then a curve..

I don't know of  many people who aren't more comfortable swinging at a fastball than a curve.  The Kjemhus twins might not even be the best candidates for the east/west game from Thompson.  Zach Kvidt was a redshirt for UND and might be their best player this summer.  Matt Greek and Dave Swatlowski both played at Northland.  Greek's stats don't leap off the page, but Swat was a stud closer going 3-0 with 5 saves and a .93 ERA.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Wed May 16, 2007 5:40 am

Even players in class A know several "B"players got the shaft.  I don't have a lot of class B experience, but i do know that AT LEAST the lefthanded Kjhemus should have made it, solely for his pitching. 
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Wed May 16, 2007 5:41 am

Even players in class A know several "B"players got the shaft.  I don't have a lot of class B experience, but i do know that AT LEAST the lefthanded Kjhemus should have made it, solely for his pitching. 
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Wed May 16, 2007 7:57 am

shs01240 wrote:Even players in class A know several "B"players got the shaft.  I don't have a lot of class B experience, but i do know that AT LEAST the lefthanded Kjhemus should have made it, solely for his pitching. 

well since you are from class A you probably don't know that he hasn't really pitched this year, and when he has, he doesn't throw hard. His arm isn't 100%. So I don't think he should be on their for his pitching..
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Thu May 17, 2007 5:55 am

shs01240 wrote:Even players in class A know several "B"players got the shaft.  I don't have a lot of class B experience, but i do know that AT LEAST the lefthanded Kjhemus should have made it, solely for his pitching. 

well since you are from class A you probably don't know that he hasn't really pitched this year, and when he has, he doesn't throw hard. His arm isn't 100%. So I don't think he should be on their for his pitching..

oops.  i faced him a lot last summer and his curveball was the best i have ever seen from a lefty.  Its a shame that he has arm troubles, hopefully he can get back into shape.  What happened?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Thu May 17, 2007 6:41 pm

coming from a class A guy i was just as shocked to see only two class B guys on either team. i expected to see three or four on each team. were there more class B kids in it last year or is this an issue every year?
highheat

Postby dodgerfan » Thu May 17, 2007 7:05 pm

baseball1981 wrote:

lorenz does not throw 90's i can promise you that, and i doubt they will both start for pitching
dodgerfan

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 17, 2007 11:20 pm

dodgerfan wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

lorenz does not throw 90's i can promise you that, and i doubt they will both start for pitching
i guess thats why he was clocked at 92 mph down in nebraska..and was clocked 88 in mandan, and that was a year ago......
baseball1981

Postby dodgerfan » Sat May 19, 2007 7:58 am

i doubt it, i have faced him once and he does not throw that hard
dodgerfan

Next

Return to Class B