Region Tournaments

Postby tadam6 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:47 pm

im probably wrong but somethin crazy is gonna happen in region 3...
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:49 pm

tadam6 wrote:im probably wrong but somethin crazy is gonna happen in region 3...
i dk, i doubt harvey wins, lorenz dosent have the arm power to win against lakota i dont think.....
baseball1981

Postby tadam6 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:50 pm

pfffff
tadam6

Postby baseball1981 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:52 pm

tadam6 wrote:pfffff
and also, harveys coache is an idiot so that dosetn help them out
baseball1981

Postby Tigger » Wed May 23, 2007 2:55 am

scc wrote:Region 1 Championship

#6 Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page 8
#4 Enderlin-Maple Valley 4

F-S-H-P moves on to the state tournament.

dang, I love being right.  I've been on these guys all season.  In fact, I started saying all the way back in October these guys would compete for a region title.  Good luck to the Wolverines at state.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tingly » Wed May 23, 2007 3:06 am

Regions 6 & 7 postponed yesterday's games until today.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed May 23, 2007 4:12 am

Tigger wrote:
scc wrote:Region 1 Championship

#6 Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page 8
#4 Enderlin-Maple Valley 4

F-S-H-P moves on to the state tournament.

darn, I love being right.  I've been on these guys all season.  In fact, I started saying all the way back in October these guys would compete for a region title.  Good luck to the Wolverines at state.

they are a very good team that put everything together at the right time Congrats FSHP
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tingly » Wed May 23, 2007 8:22 am

Region 4 postponed yesterday's games and moved them to Grafton. They'll be shortened to 5 inning games.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed May 23, 2007 9:07 am

baseball1981 wrote:
tadam6 wrote:pfffff
and also, harveys coache is an idiot so that dosetn help them out

ive seen teams win with coaches who are "idiots".  ive said before baseball is the one sport i think that the coach is the least needed and the players decide the outcome more then coaching.  sure its important to have a coach but in the clutch the talent comes through over good coaching
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tingly » Wed May 23, 2007 9:29 am

In Region 2's last loser bracket game, top seed Thompson is behind 4-3. 3 innings from possible elimination

5-5, inning and a half left
Last edited by tingly on Wed May 23, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pal » Wed May 23, 2007 10:27 am

Harvey vs. Lakota
Last edited by pal on Wed May 23, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
pal
NDPreps Rookie

Postby triple » Wed May 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Velva won the Region 6 title by beating Surrey 8-1 and 8-6. They switched up the tournament to single elimination then played best 2 out of 3 champioinship.
triple

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed May 23, 2007 2:49 pm

Steele beats Washburn 4-2 to win the region.

bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby tingly » Wed May 23, 2007 4:48 pm

State matchups as far as I know (edited with the winners posted below)

Grafton vs. Bishop Ryan
Harvey vs. Velva
——
Thompson vs. Munich
FSHP vs. Steele
Last edited by tingly on Thu May 24, 2007 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Wed May 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Munich beat Bottineau
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ricky bobby » Wed May 23, 2007 5:54 pm

pal wrote:Harvey vs. Lakota

Harvey ended up winning all 3 of their games today. beat DP 4-2....zein started and lorenz came in for the close. then they beat lakota 2-0 i think in 8 innings with lorenz on the mound. then they beat lakota again 13-7 for the championship with krahler throwing
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby ricky bobby » Wed May 23, 2007 5:55 pm

lorenz looked pretty good today and questions about his stamina should settle down after throwing 11 innings today
Last edited by ricky bobby on Wed May 23, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:44 pm

ricky bobby wrote:lorenz looked pretty good today and questions about his stamina should settle down after throwing 11 innings today
he was ok
Last edited by baseball1981 on Wed May 23, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:03 pm

http://www.pgcrosschecker.com/draft/2007/top_prospects/hs_statebystate.aspx

lorenz got named the perfect game player of the year in north dakota

also got all region with bryan krahler, seth nichols, severson, sheldon harding, joel anderson? , pat bulzomi, hoerth, alderbak, johanson, and some other player from carrington, and cody berg

lorenz got senior athlete also

coach of the year went to new rockfords coach
baseball1981

Postby TIMJACKSON » Wed May 23, 2007 7:32 pm

GRAFTON BEAT LANGDON FOR THE REGION 4 CHAMPIONSHIP 4-2.  KLINSKE CAME IN FOR THE SAVE AFTER EARLIER IN THE DAY SHUTTING OUT LANGDON 1-NOTHING.
TIMJACKSON

Postby baseball » Wed May 23, 2007 8:08 pm

ricky bobby wrote:
pal wrote:Harvey vs. Lakota

Harvey ended up winning all 3 of their games today. beat DP 4-2....zein started and lorenz came in for the close. then they beat lakota 2-0 i think in 8 innings with lorenz on the mound. then they beat lakota again 13-7 for the championship with krahler throwing

thats impressive, not only winning all 3 games but against the teams they did it against im very suprised.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby brown10 » Wed May 23, 2007 8:51 pm

congrats FSHP, you guys came on strong when it counted... keep it up and good luck at state, represent region 1 well
brown10
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Wed May 23, 2007 9:23 pm

Baseball,

comment

ive seen teams win with coaches who are "idiots".  ive said before baseball is the one sport i think that the coach is the least needed and the players decide the outcome more then coaching.  sure its important to have a coach but in the clutch the talent comes through over good coaching

Name  a few of the coaches who are "idiots" I read about you spouting off alot.  Back your words up by naming a few.  I have played for and know many coaches who give their time and effort for their kids and personally am offended by comments without documentation.  Grow a set and reply.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed May 23, 2007 9:46 pm

Maniaconthefloor wrote:Baseball,

comment

Name  a few of the coaches who are "idiots" I read about you spouting off alot.  Back your words up by naming a few.  I have played for and know many coaches who give their time and effort for their kids and personally am offended by comments without documentation.  Grow a set and reply.

k for one i put idiots in quotes being someone else called their coach an idiot.  i was simply saying talent is more important then coachin in baseball more hten it is in other sports.  lets flip flop coaches from Steele and Medina for this year year.  Steele would still be going to state and Medina wouldnt.  Why? Steele has baseball players and Medina doesn't.....maybe when there 7th graders are seniors and have 7 years of experiance they might make it.

When that person complained his caoch was an "idiot" (in quotes once again), i was simply saying it was the players fault not the coaches.  is it the caoches fault he hits a ground ball to 2nd base to end the game or the players?  is it the coaches fault the right fielder misjudges a fly ball and 2 runs score?  and as for coaches who give in time and effort, im sure that happens alot, but i also know coaches who pitch batting practice to maybe 2 players then either go sit ont he bench the rest of practice or stand in the outfield while the players throw BP to each other

And as for a team being "outcoached" in a big game, i dont 100% believe in that. Sure a coach can call a bunt, but can he put the ball in play or does the player at bat have to do that for himself.  read the last sentence in my post again....sure its important to have a coach but in the clutch the talent comes through over good coaching[color=black][size=2]......players do more then coaching do in the game of baseball.  a coach puts 9 guys on the field, tells them where to play, adn tells them who bats after who.[/size][/color]

in basketball with a tie game, the coach can call a timeout with 10 seconds left to draw up a double back pick for an easy layup.  in the 7th inning can can a coach call time and tell the batter to hit the ball to the right center field gap so the guy on first can score??  sure the basketball play wont work every time but it will have a much much higher success rate then the baseball timeout.  more factors go into every pitch in baseball then every pass in basketball, or every snap in football.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Wed May 23, 2007 10:01 pm

baseball1981 wrote:http://www.pgcrosschecker.com/draft/2007/top_prospects/hs_statebystate.aspx

lorenz got named the perfect game player of the year in north dakota

also got all region with bryan krahler, seth nichols, severson, sheldon harding, joel anderson? , pat bulzomi, hoerth, alderbak, johanson, and some other player from carrington, and cody berg

lorenz got senior athlete also

coach of the year went to new rockfords coach

thats an office pool, he didnt get the award yet

[font=Arial]"We took a poll in our main office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa recently to see how close we come to the actual Gatorade list.  The Gatorade State winners will be announced soon, so we won’t have long before we can compare."[/font]
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Class B