Region Tournaments

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Wed May 23, 2007 10:24 pm

reply baseball

k for one i put idiots in quotes being someone else called their coach an idiot.  i was simply saying talent is more important then coachin in baseball more hten it is in other sports.  lets flip flop coaches from Steele and Medina for this year year.  Steele would still be going to state and Medina wouldnt.  Why? Steele has baseball players and Medina doesn't.....maybe when there 7th graders are seniors and have 7 years of experiance they might make it.

When that person complained his caoch was an "idiot" (in quotes once again), i was simply saying it was the players fault not the coaches.  is it the caoches fault he hits a ground ball to 2nd base to end the game or the players?  is it the coaches fault the right fielder misjudges a fly ball and 2 runs score?  and as for coaches who give in time and effort, im sure that happens alot, but i also know coaches who pitch batting practice to maybe 2 players then either go sit ont he bench the rest of practice or stand in the outfield while the players throw BP to each other

And as for a team being "outcoached" in a big game, i dont 100% believe in that. Sure a coach can call a bunt, but can he put the ball in play or does the player at bat have to do that for himself.  read the last sentence in my post again....sure its important to have a coach but in the clutch the talent comes through over good coaching[color=black][size=2]......players do more then coaching do in the game of baseball.  a coach puts 9 guys on the field, tells them where to play, adn tells them who bats after who.[/size][/color]

in basketball with a tie game, the coach can call a timeout with 10 seconds left to draw up a double back pick for an easy layup.  in the 7th inning can can a coach call time and tell the batter to hit the ball to the right center field gap so the guy on first can score??  sure the basketball play wont work every time but it will have a much much higher success rate then the baseball timeout.  more factors go into every pitch in baseball then every pass in basketball, or every snap in football.

Baseball,

That is a mighty political answer consciously or subconsciously designed to avoid the question.  More than likely you have spent time at NDSU along with most of North Dakota's most celebrated bs'ers. 

After an analysis of your most astute response, I will reply by asking the same question without the comparison of two highly distinct programs. 

Who are the poor coaches you believe to exist.  Obviously by your post Steele must have a poor coach if his players could win other any other coach.

I must go further with this by simply stating (simple is something you may or may not understand considering your vast experience)

Coaching is simply put "Putting your kids in a position to succeed rather than a position to fail.  If in ANY sport you as coach teach basic fundamentals and command the discipline of them you will succeed." 

Stating that just any coach can coach a team full of athletes and get them to perform is not only stupid is unrealistic.   If by your alternative reality judgement this were true then Dr. Ruth could have coached Thompson to a title two years ago.  In reality those kids were once freshmen under Coach Brantl and he developed them into winners. 

I even think Dr. Ruth would agree that you should do everyone on this site a favor and just shut the blank up and go away and hide.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby Maniaconthefloor » Wed May 23, 2007 10:30 pm

Baseball,

One more question

Who do you play for in high school and college(doubt you played but thought I would ask anyway)?  It will enlighten everybody who has to read your highly intellectual posts, I am sure.
Maniaconthefloor
NDPreps Starter

Postby tingly » Thu May 24, 2007 3:41 am

Maniaconthefloor, you keep misreading and/or misconstruing baseball's posts.

I've noticed that during a down year, players sometimes say, 'coach not cool.' The team has a good season and all of a sudden it's, 'coach rocks.' You can't make a good pot until you get good clay.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu May 24, 2007 7:59 am

Maniaconthefloor wrote: Stating that just any coach can coach a team full of athletes and get them to perform is not only stupid is unrealistic.  

i use steele because that is the baseball program i have the most knowledge about in the state.  the team that one state last year has been a great baseball team since they were 8-9 years old, winning 5 straight league championship and a few in babe ruth as well, even having a year where they went 33-1? with the only loss coming to Kyle Carr who threw one babe ruth game the whole year because he threw legion.  all these kids learned from two of the smartest baseball minds from the ages of 8-15 until silbernagel took over.  dont get me wrong silbernagel knows baseball, but i credit the state title to the coaches the Steele baseball team had in little league and babe ruth, where the coach did teach them the fundamentals and thats how they succeed.  they arleady learned the fundamentals before they got to high school, putting them one step ahead of the other teams around.  if you can find me a coach who takes kids who have only played 2-3 years and brings them to a state title i will say coaches are the most important thing in baseball.

i will "enlighten" you about a typcial Steele high school baseball practice. 1. kids go play catch and get loose. 2. batting practice, Silbernagel and Schiele throw maybe 6 batters tops then the players throw to each other. 3. soft toss, again in which the kids to it together themselves 4. team takes a 15 minute infield.  what do the coaches do while the practice goes on, stand and talk.  once again silbernagel does know baseball so he does point out what the kids do wrong, but what he fails to do is tell them hwo to fix it. and when he does he doesnt work with them on fixing it.

Last year when they lost to washburn in the regional tournament and needed to win 3 games jsut to get out of the region, most of the starters stuck around and wnet to the batting cage to take cuts. with who, Silbernagel? No, the 2 guys who coached them in little league and babe ruth.....and the part about the coach putting the kids in the right position to win, every player on the 2006 team played the same position they did in little league?  and when i say the little league coaches its not silbernagel and schiele, but it was Paul Bakkum and Greg Schwab.

and when you say the coach puts in the time and effort, silbernagel coaches steele's legion team too and i suppose you would like to know the time he puts in.  the time for maybe 15 double headers, which is a normal scheduale, and FIVE practices tops.....5 practices???  i wouldnt call that putting all the time and effort into it, granted he probably is more busy in the summer then the spring, but if thats the case hire a coach who can dedicate the time to the kids and getting them to be betterplayers. 

one last thing, why didnt silbernagel win region 8 coach of the year?  because the team was expected to win and it was no suprise they did.  and i will repeat this beacuse you probably didnt understand it before, never did i say silbernagel was a bad coach, he has a great baseball mind.....BUT the kids learned everything in little league and babe ruth

I hope this post answered your 2nd question as well as to who and where i played for in my baseball career
Last edited by baseball on Thu May 24, 2007 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dizza30 » Fri May 25, 2007 9:37 pm

baseball wrote:
Maniaconthefloor wrote: Stating that just any coach can coach a team full of athletes and get them to perform is not only stupid is unrealistic.  

i use steele because that is the baseball program i have the most knowledge about in the state.  the team that one state last year has been a great baseball team since they were 8-9 years old, winning 5 straight league championship and a few in babe ruth as well, even having a year where they went 33-1? with the only loss coming to Kyle Carr who threw one babe ruth game the whole year because he threw legion.  all these kids learned from two of the smartest baseball minds from the ages of 8-15 until silbernagel took over.  dont get me wrong silbernagel knows baseball, but i credit the state title to the coaches the Steele baseball team had in little league and babe ruth, where the coach did teach them the fundamentals and thats how they succeed.  they arleady learned the fundamentals before they got to high school, putting them one step ahead of the other teams around.  if you can find me a coach who takes kids who have only played 2-3 years and brings them to a state title i will say coaches are the most important thing in baseball.

i will "enlighten" you about a typcial Steele high school baseball practice. 1. kids go play catch and get loose. 2. batting practice, Silbernagel and Schiele throw maybe 6 batters tops then the players throw to each other. 3. soft toss, again in which the kids to it together themselves 4. team takes a 15 minute infield.  what do the coaches do while the practice goes on, stand and talk.  once again silbernagel does know baseball so he does point out what the kids do wrong, but what he fails to do is tell them hwo to fix it. and when he does he doesnt work with them on fixing it.

Last year when they lost to washburn in the regional tournament and needed to win 3 games jsut to get out of the region, most of the starters stuck around and wnet to the batting cage to take cuts. with who, Silbernagel? No, the 2 guys who coached them in little league and babe ruth.....and the part about the coach putting the kids in the right position to win, every player on the 2006 team played the same position they did in little league?  and when i say the little league coaches its not silbernagel and schiele, but it was Paul Bakkum and Greg Schwab.

and when you say the coach puts in the time and effort, silbernagel coaches steele's legion team too and i suppose you would like to know the time he puts in.  the time for maybe 15 double headers, which is a normal scheduale, and FIVE practices tops.....5 practices???  i wouldnt call that putting all the time and effort into it, granted he probably is more busy in the summer then the spring, but if thats the case hire a coach who can dedicate the time to the kids and getting them to be betterplayers. 

one last thing, why didnt silbernagel win region 8 coach of the year?  because the team was expected to win and it was no suprise they did.  and i will repeat this beacuse you probably didnt understand it before, never did i say silbernagel was a bad coach, he has a great baseball mind.....BUT the kids learned everything in little league and babe ruth

I hope this post answered your 2nd question as well as to who and where i played for in my baseball career

i totally agree with baseball...the coaches simply can't make the plays for the players
Last edited by Dizza30 on Fri May 25, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby ace » Sat May 26, 2007 8:48 pm

bball1niner wrote:guaranteed harvey does not go to state

i love it... so were you trying to jinx them???
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:36 pm

ace wrote:

everybody knew of all teams, lakota wasnt goin to make it, they choke in the big games every time
baseball1981

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Sun May 27, 2007 8:31 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
ace wrote:

everybody knew of all teams, lakota wasnt goin to make it, they choke in the big games every time

Whoopdedoo  Bazil, what does it all mean?? -Austin Powers.. I don't know if it could happen, but a Hope vs. Harvey 7th place game would be quite a show!!

"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Sun May 27, 2007 8:44 pm

yeah right if lorenz.....i mean baseball1981 pitches...harvey will win for sure...
tadam6

Postby Dizza30 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:15 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
ace wrote:

if you're from harvey i wouldnt talk about choking in big games
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby tadam6 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:37 am

good point
tadam6

Postby sodadrinker » Mon May 28, 2007 3:46 pm

experiencingtechnicaldifficulties wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
ace wrote:

Whoopdedoo  Bazil, what does it all mean?? -Austin Powers.. I don't know if it could happen, but a Hope vs. Harvey 7th place game would be quite a show!!

if ur gonna throw a quote out there make sure u get it right its "whoopdedoo, what does it all mean bazil?"
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Mon May 28, 2007 3:48 pm

Dizza30 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
ace wrote:

what has the senior class of this year done to say they choke.  i dont define choking as losing to a good team.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon May 28, 2007 4:20 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
Dizza30 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
ace wrote:

what has the senior class of this year done to say they choke.  i dont define choking as losing to a good team.

then how did lakota choke???????????
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Mon May 28, 2007 4:36 pm

baseball wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
Dizza30 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
ace wrote:

wasnt me that said they choked they lost to the better team so i dont think they choked at all
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby bball1niner » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:18 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baseball wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
Dizza30 wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
ace wrote:

wasnt me that said they choked they lost to the better team so i dont think they choked at all

harvey chokes
bball1niner

Postby baseball » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:24 pm

i was suprised that they didnt win it being Lorenz and Krahler could carry them that far......or so its been said on this site:D
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Class B