State Predictions

Postby ricky bobby » Wed May 09, 2007 6:05 pm

baseball1981 wrote:
tadam6 wrote:now i've never seen harvey play but from what i understand...harvey simply lacks the ability to string a few hits together and keep an inning going...as for their defense...the pitching is obviously solid with lorenz...but are they able to play good enough defense and make the routine plays?...i think the only way for harvey to come out of the region is for them to get their bats goin...just my opinion...

now im not taking anything away from the two teams that have beat harvey, but they havent seen harvey at their best, their best is when lorenz or krahler is on the mound, lorenz is expected to be 100 percent by tournament time and if thats the case, its an automatic win, "pretty much", unless harvey dosent score a run, but lately harvey has scored runs and hit the ball, they lost two straigh to start off the season, and since then their 5-1...harvey beat midkota by a combined score of 20-7 i think...10 runs per game against midkota is pretty good, this is what region 3 looks like "most" likely...1 lakota 2 dp 3 harvey 4 midkota 5 new rockford 6 carrington loser out kensal

lakota and dp get by's, harvey plays carrington, midkota plays new rockford, harvey pitches their 5 pitcher and beats carrington then comes back and plays dp and pitches lorenz and they have it made, because they still have 2 or their top 3 pitchers....and lakota and dp only have two pitchers total.....thats my personal opinion on why harvey has the advantage...its hard to disagree with that...thing is, harvey has to beat carrington first...and hit the ball off dp
how can you say they're at their best with krahler when he has already lost twice to dp.... ya lorenz is good but he still don't have to many innings under his belt yet.... what r the chances of a little rust??
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:44 pm

ricky bobby wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
tadam6 wrote:now i've never seen harvey play but from what i understand...harvey simply lacks the ability to string a few hits together and keep an inning going...as for their defense...the pitching is obviously solid with lorenz...but are they able to play good enough defense and make the routine plays?...i think the only way for harvey to come out of the region is for them to get their bats goin...just my opinion...

now im not taking anything away from the two teams that have beat harvey, but they havent seen harvey at their best, their best is when lorenz or krahler is on the mound, lorenz is expected to be 100 percent by tournament time and if thats the case, its an automatic win, "pretty much", unless harvey dosent score a run, but lately harvey has scored runs and hit the ball, they lost two straigh to start off the season, and since then their 5-1...harvey beat midkota by a combined score of 20-7 i think...10 runs per game against midkota is pretty good, this is what region 3 looks like "most" likely...1 lakota 2 dp 3 harvey 4 midkota 5 new rockford 6 carrington loser out kensal

lakota and dp get by's, harvey plays carrington, midkota plays new rockford, harvey pitches their 5 pitcher and beats carrington then comes back and plays dp and pitches lorenz and they have it made, because they still have 2 or their top 3 pitchers....and lakota and dp only have two pitchers total.....thats my personal opinion on why harvey has the advantage...its hard to disagree with that...thing is, harvey has to beat carrington first...and hit the ball off dp
how can you say they're at their best with krahler when he has already lost twice to dp.... ya lorenz is good but he still don't have to many innings under his belt yet.... what r the chances of a little rust??
ha he hasnt shown much "rust" so far, he's been lights out with an injury, like i said, wait til hes 100 percent...
baseball1981

Postby sodadrinker » Wed May 09, 2007 7:35 pm

ricky bobby wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

the first loss to dp and the loss to lakota harvey had more hits than the other team but couldnt string any together to get runs.  just becuz krahler lost doesnt mean he didnt pitch good.  he maybe gave up 2 or 3 hits in that first game against dp and weiglet only gave up 2 hits to lakota in that loss.  pitchin isnt at all the problem for harvey.  we need to be consistent hitting the ball and the rest will take care of itself
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ricky bobby » Thu May 10, 2007 5:22 am

you just said you're at your best with either krahler or lorenz on the mound. well how are they the best with krahler if they lost 2 games he's pitched already.
"If you ain't first your last"-Reece Bobby
"I'm just one big hairy American winning machine"-Ricky Bobby
ricky bobby
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:35 am

ricky bobby wrote:you just said you're at your best with either krahler or lorenz on the mound. well how are they the best with krahler if they lost 2 games he's pitched already.
they should have won both games against dp though, they just didnt have the intensity they needed, which they will have during tournament time while lorenz or krahler or weigelt is shutting them down
baseball1981

Postby meatball » Thu May 10, 2007 6:27 am

Ya i guess we will have to see if they shut down DP in the tournament
meatball

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:43 am

meatball wrote:Ya i guess we will have to see if they shut down DP in the tournament
yup, i bet they do tho if lorenz is pitching
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu May 10, 2007 9:38 am

baseball1981 wrote:
meatball wrote:Ya i guess we will have to see if they shut down DP in the tournament

How much stamina is Lorenz really going to have?  How many innings has he pitched? Is he really going to force things and risk another injury to the elbow? Or is it going to be like Wurtz from last year, who didn't pitch much during the year because of an elbow or shoulder injury? Not sure what it was, but they both are going to Iowa Western, and im sure there coaches have something to do with it?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:49 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

How much stamina is Lorenz really going to have?  How many innings has he pitched? Is he really going to force things and risk another injury to the elbow? Or is it going to be like Wurtz from last year, who didn't pitch much during the year because of an elbow or shoulder injury? Not sure what it was, but they both are going to Iowa Western, and im sure there coaches have something to do with it?
if i remember correctly, wurtz's injury was way more serious than lorenz's, he has taken much time off and rehabed it good, hopefully he dosent have any more problems with it
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu May 10, 2007 9:57 am

baseball1981 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

if i remember correctly, wurtz's injury was way more serious than lorenz's, he has taken much time off and rehabed it good, hopefully he dosent have any more problems with it

No need to get mad, I was just using Wurtz as an example, didn't pitch much in high school and didn't play legion at all.  I want to see Lorenz successful, anytime a North Dakota boy can go play some where, you have to cheer for him.

But you didn't answer my questions?? How much stamina is Lorenz really going to have?  How many innings has he pitched?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:06 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

No need to get mad, I was just using Wurtz as an example, didn't pitch much in high school and didn't play legion at all.  I want to see Lorenz successful, anytime a North Dakota boy can go play some where, you have to cheer for him.

But you didn't answer my questions?? How much stamina is Lorenz really going to have?  How many innings has he pitched?
he really hasnt been stretched at all, 6 or 7 innings so far this year....but he is in good shape as for his arm so i dont think he'll have a problem going into 6 or 7 innigns if his elbow is good
baseball1981

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu May 10, 2007 10:10 am

baseball1981 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:

he really hasnt been stretched at all, 6 or 7 innings so far this year....but he is in good shape as for his arm so i dont think he'll have a problem going into 6 or 7 innigns if his elbow is good

Ok, so you saying hes basically thrown a couple innings here and there? You and I both know that DP takes a lot of pitches, and hes going to throw a lot of pitches in that game.  Hes arms going to be pretty sore after goin 7 against them.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Big Hitter » Thu May 10, 2007 10:44 am

I think Lakota will definatly have the best chance if we can go and win 3 strait will get in trouble if we have to play 4 games that my opinoin. I think we have the best line up in the region though 1-9 are all pretty solid.
Big Hitter

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 11:02 am

of all the predictions i havent seen one from the region with Rolla, Rugby, botno yet?  who does everyone think will win that one
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby tingly » Thu May 10, 2007 11:10 am

munich clinched top seed in rolla's region early, good sign for them
Last edited by tingly on Thu May 10, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu May 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Big Hitter wrote:I think Lakota will definatly have the best chance if we can go and win 3 strait will get in trouble if we have to play 4 games that my opinoin. I think we have the best line up in the region though 1-9 are all pretty solid.

Olderbaak, Hoerth, and Johanson really only stick out to me. 
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tadam6 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:56 pm

those are the only ones i know of as well...
tadam6

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu May 10, 2007 1:57 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
Big Hitter wrote:I think Lakota will definatly have the best chance if we can go and win 3 strait will get in trouble if we have to play 4 games that my opinoin. I think we have the best line up in the region though 1-9 are all pretty solid.

Who has Lakota all beat?
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tingly » Thu May 10, 2007 2:48 pm

IFIFIF what I heard is true, Lakota's season log is
X  April   3 @Surrey - cancelled?
X  April   3 Velva (@Surrey) - cancelled?
W April 10 @Kensal
W April 13 @Carrington
W April 16 Dakota Prairie
W April 17 Harvey
W April 24 Midkota
W April 27 @New Rockford
W May   1 Kensal
W May   3 New Rockford
W May   7 Carrington (11-1 score)
W May 10 North Border (inter-region game)
W May 11 @Midkota (4-1)
W May 12 @Dakota Prairie (7-6)
L  May 14 @Harvey (3-5)
Last edited by tingly on Mon May 14, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketball4u » Thu May 10, 2007 3:42 pm

im thinking that bishop ryan, will win state this year! anybody with me on that?
Last edited by basketball4u on Thu May 10, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bishop Ryan Boys Basketball Team*clap*
basketball4u
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Thu May 10, 2007 3:47 pm

basketball4u wrote:im thinking that bishop ryan, will win state this year! anybody with me on that?

that have a good chance.....how long after will people start complaining they should play class A haa
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketball4u » Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 pm

i dont really know..and im not complaining about them not being in class A..if thats what you were trying to say..i just think that they have a good chance to win.
Bishop Ryan Boys Basketball Team*clap*
basketball4u
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tingly » Thu May 10, 2007 5:09 pm

Carrington upset Dakota Prairie 3-2 today. Could that get Harvey the bye?
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:10 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

Who has Lakota all beat?
harvey lost to em 2-1, pitching their 4 pitcher, dp lost to em, those are the only ones that stick out
baseball1981

Postby baseball1981 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:10 pm

tingly wrote:Carrington upset Dakota Prairie 3-2 today. Could that get Harvey the bye?
if harvey beats lakota and dp loses to lakota or ne1 else, then harvey would get the 2 seed, dp holds the tie breaker
baseball1981

PreviousNext

Return to Class B